Saskatoon Meet - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saskatoon Meet
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:09 PM
Alright.
So I think all of us on here have wanted to have a meet sometime over the time of owning J's, I know that I have. And I have been really jealous of the big JBO bashes down south. The likely-hood of us being able to compete with their numbers... slim. But we still gotta get something together! Now, in the other thread their seemed to be a few people up for an all GMSportCompact meet, so I'm thinking that's the best way to get some kind of showup. So for right now, I know of probably 4 J owners that are not on this site, that would likely be down for a meet. But as always, the great question is when? Where? Who?

This thread, will just be to discuss a meet, what we want, when we want it etc.

Just toss up some ideas and we can discuss. I was thinking, Friday afternoon, meet up, cruise eighth street(legally). BBQ, Bowling?
Than saturday, photoshoot, and maybe hit up Cliff's Auto recycling(as I call it JBody heaven), and pull some parts for hopefully a good price.

Anyways, lets discuss!

Re: Saskatoon Meet
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:40 PM
SHOTTY! lol
it would have to be a weekend and I'm Down but i don't know if the boi would be (he's not that into my car and me spending money on it lol)
But i could always do a road trip with my friends instead what type of scenery is there to see in sask.
But shotty-not going bowling lol I'm def not a bowler but w/e but def wanting to go to the "jbody heaven"

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:45 PM
Perhaps,

Photoshoot with the rides would be sweet, dont know if theres much I would need from Jbody heaven (but you never know... just like the factory blue interior jbody at pick'n'pull in calgary). I know I would be down for some sort of auto crossing or track racing too

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:54 PM
Well... depending on when, we may be able to make it some kind of track day too...
Take a trip out to SIR. But unless somebody else decides to take the reigns, I can tell you know, we won't be anywhere near as fancy as the big bashes down south haha. Likely no special discounts for us at the strip, or hotels etc...

But yeah, I was just throwing things like bowling, out there to get ideas going.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:49 PM
I'm camping in your backyard then, hahahahah.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:11 PM
Whee! I'll stay at my uncle's place! I hope I can make it! I'll be in S'toon doing donuts for a few weeks - I hope this doesn't end up on a donut weekend...

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 2:07 PM
Well... as of right now... it's not happening at all. As no one wants to really contribute to the thread:p

I was thinking mid june... but again, still haven't got any body saying they're dedicated to one. Or really any ideas.. And enjoi sleeping in a muddy garden Brad

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 2:52 PM
I really don't know what weekend works for me, the last 2 in June is the MJ Fair, and Sidewalk Days, I'll be there working... And then July 1st Canada Day in Regina, then I have a family reunion that weekend, then I think it's Ness Creek/Craven weekend after that... Man, I suck.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 10:58 PM
muddy garden is fine. as long as I can pass out somewhere.

Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:04 AM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:muddy garden is fine. as long as I can pass out somewhere.

There's always your backseat:p

Come on guys, lets keep the suggestions rolling

Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:59 AM
Where is there to camp? like an actual campsite? Cuz we could all rent a group campsite and pitch together for the weekend to save cost of hotel etc. tents are alot cheaper to come across lol and alot smaller to pack. Specially if im supposed to cram stuff from "heaven" lol

I have never been to saskatoon so its kind of hard for me to plan without knowing anything lol
But thats my idea then we can buy like hotdogs, camp food, etc. and chill out around that campsite.
P.s. has to be a place with showers lol
Any good quadding places around there?

Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:31 PM
As for camping in Saskatoon... here ya go
http://www.saskatoontourism.ca/campgrounds/

Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:00 PM
dirt bike for sure too! I'm currently talking to my cousin about buying her husbands bike, hahahahah.

Friday, March 19, 2010 8:35 AM
Xplicit wrote:As for camping in Saskatoon... here ya go
http://www.saskatoontourism.ca/campgrounds/

There is only RV parks?? WTF no one camps in a tent anymore? RV's arn't camping...silly people

Friday, March 19, 2010 8:45 AM
I found a better site and emailed a couple people i will see what we get back for responses...and I'll post them on here.
How Many people are we thinking so far?
site is: http://www.tourismsaskatoon.com/about-saskatoon/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 19, 2010 8:53 AM

Friday, March 19, 2010 2:47 PM
It all depends on the weekend for me... I've got so many events to go to this year - too bad only one is a car show, haha!

Access Communications Car Show - Labour Day!

Saturday, March 20, 2010 8:34 PM
Yeah depending on if I work or not and if my car is not apart getting new parts put on it
Saturday, March 27, 2010 10:35 AM
There is a campground called Gordon Howe campground in Saskatoon which was not bad and we had to stay there while there was a housing shortage a few years ago. It was not bad pricing and they had a tent section/trailers and all that jazz and had showers too I think. This is a map of where it is:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&safe=off&resnum=0&q=gordon%20howe%20campground%20saskatoon&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

in case anyone is interested. I am not sure there are any others that are close as this one.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search