CEL and OBD2 Reader - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CEL and OBD2 Reader
Friday, June 18, 2010 8:29 AM
Does anyone have an OBD2 reader so I can check what codes are causing my CEL to light up. This problem just started this morning and I do not wnat to shell out a plie of money at the dealership.

Re: CEL and OBD2 Reader
Friday, June 18, 2010 8:51 AM
fill out your registry, and I'm a little out of the way here in Leduc, but fill out so have better idea, when did it come on?what is it doing?, your mods?

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Friday, June 18, 2010 8:58 AM
LIght came on this morning. Only thing added/swapped was the air intake. Replaced with K&N Short Ram intake. Car ran fine with the new intake for over a year. No other mods were done. Car runs fine with the light on. I think the first thing I will try is the gas cap thing. Clear the code from the computer by removing the negative from the battery, wait 15 minutes and reconnect. Either put new gas cap or plug the filler tube to create a good seal and see what happens.
Friday, June 18, 2010 11:03 AM
I'm guessing by the fact that you have a K&N SRI that its an 03-05 or 02 ecotec Z24.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, June 18, 2010 11:17 AM
You are correct. The car is an '05 Pontiac Sunfire. I installed the pipe about 3 years ago....could be longer. It was an easy install, only took about 1/2 hr to do.
Friday, June 18, 2010 4:52 PM
where do you live? that could help with the whole OBD2 reader thing that you're looking for.

also, if it runs "fine" with the code on, I'm betting your front O2 sensor is shot.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Friday, June 18, 2010 5:31 PM
before you by a o2 sensor, try some fuel injector cleaner or an octane additive. it could be a bad batch of gas, cant stand co-op gas.

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow....... but some day
Friday, June 18, 2010 10:36 PM
NEVER buy the injector cleaner. just asking for damage to the baffles in the tank. as well as premature failure from the lines. octane boosters are OK to use every once in a while.

I generally suggest everyone in a J car to use minimum 91 octane. burns one hell of a lot better.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Sunday, June 20, 2010 11:27 PM
We put premium in our '91 with the 2.2 TBI by accident once (old school gas station with each pump being a different type of fuel), and it actually quieted it down a LOT. Meaning we didn't have to shout on the highways to have a conversation. Izzy was a very odd car, though.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search