1999 - Z24 Glove Compartment Latch needed! - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1999 - Z24 Glove Compartment Latch needed!
Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:46 AM
Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo all,

I live in Calgary, Alberta. I have a 1999 - Z24. For some bizaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare reason my glove compartment latch broke on me, so now the door wont shut. I took the door off and I can see that the latch is broken. Looks like a little black/graphite peice of plastic with a little spring/coil on the end of it.

ANYWHO - I was wondering if by CHANCE anyone had either an extra glove compartment door or even better just the latch that goes inside the door itself.??? I did phone the dealership I bought the car from and they're ass raping price is $41.76 + tax. I also called approx 6-8 auto wrecker places and they quoted me $35.00 to $60.00 for the complete door.

If anyone has a Z24 - Cavalier and wants to get rid of a glove compartment or even the latch please contact me. Also if anyone has any good places to call that would also help me alot.

Unfortunately Im not rich so money and price are always something I have to take into consideration.

Thanks in advance.

Wes

Re: 1999 - Z24 Glove Compartment Latch needed!
Monday, September 03, 2007 10:31 PM
I hear ya about being broke-ass all the time man and then needing parts. As for that part, you guys have quite a few "pick-a-part" places up there. Hell, I wish I lived there and not in Lethbridge just for that reason, LOL. I'm pretty sure I saw one a couple weeks ago out by Racecity (Speedway), but I know there's lots. The dude here (there's only one "pick-a-part" type place here) would only charge like $5-$10 for that part. If you're still in need of this by Friday, I'm probably hitting up the one up in Lethbridge then (I need a bigger tank for my methanol kit), and I know they have a Z out there (well, it doesn't matter, 'cause that piece is the same on all J's if I remember and there's about 6 there right now).

Let me know.

Re: 1999 - Z24 Glove Compartment Latch needed!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007 6:02 PM
i broke one and went through the junkyards and couldnt find a single one. ended up just buying one through the dealership.
hey its new so it should be good for another 170k lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search