Work? - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Work?
Monday, July 07, 2008 7:17 PM
Im a bc boy thinking seriously about heading out to albera to try my hand at some rig work or whatever related work....is there much going on up in the fort mac area or is it still pretty slow? Anyone have any ins or tips for someone like me trying to get into it?

Re: Work?
Monday, July 07, 2008 10:36 PM
I'm from SK and have worked up in ft mac. i'm hearing lots of radio ads for Albian sands lately. That job site is about 30-45 min north of ft mac and is a camp job. You might want to check this out. I'm not sure what kind of work your looking to do but i'm sure you can can find something easy enough.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 10:42 AM
Basically im looking for entry level work sine i really dont have any trade persay just good with my hands and can build or fix pretty much anything. Ill be going with my h2s and air brake endorsement. Alot of what i see on the sites they seem to be looking for alot of higher end jobs but i keep hearing tey are hireing entry level all the time so are the sites just not up to date? I know the best is fr me to head out there for a week and just pound the pavement. Whicj will prolly end up happening but i like to go with as much knowledge or "ins" as i can..thanks phil
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:21 PM
The web sites just don't post the entry level stuff. Those jobs are as common as dirt up there. I have worked for flint field services. I was on the Suncor Firebag site for a few months as an electrician and didn't mind it. The work tends to be a little mindless but thats not always the case. Having your air brake endorsement is an asset for most places. If you end up at firebag say hi to my dad for me , he's a fuel truck driver for flint. If you would like i can get a phone # for HR up there

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:23 PM

Monday, July 14, 2008 11:50 AM
lots of work here in fort mac just gota look...
Monday, November 24, 2008 7:20 PM
Hey all..

Back again...well i was up at niksu..apparently got a job with precision but the drilling season seems all mucked up. So im sick f waiting.....anyone got any ideas or heard anything?
Thursday, December 04, 2008 5:15 PM
im in the red deer area, ive been working for a company called high arctic energy services in the snubbing division for almost 4 years and its good $

Sunday, December 07, 2008 8:42 PM
i heard snubbing is....risky..im all for it if you need guys though..lol
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:08 PM
lol who says snubbing is risky?

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:11 PM
Just what ive read on a few forums....

What they call it...the "bbq basket"..lol.
Tuesday, February 03, 2009 9:50 PM
Philly D wrote:Just what ive read on a few forums....

What they call it...the "bbq basket"..lol.

lol perhaps it is called that but its all good

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search