TEXAS HEAT WAVE - Page 5 - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: TEXAS HEAT WAVE
Monday, July 04, 2005 3:29 PM
one of the host hotels still has rooms. about $140ish for 2 nights with taxes. need to know how many rooms we need to save.

how many are intrested in showing? most of us from dfw are willing. would love to see a nice j turnout at the show. great mag coverage?!!!!!!!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 3:37 PM
OK I finaly went to get a paint quote from my dads friend. When I got to his shop I spotted a clean arss 98 S-10 extended cab. So I said screw painting the Cavy and I baught the truck for $2,000. The truck is in great shape and has never seen any sort of mods. THis will be my new project.

I will bring my car to the show and show it like it sits with my paint chipping. THis will be the first and last show for the old cavy. I didnt really want to show it like it is but I really dont care any more. I'll be busy riding around on my atv with an icechest strapped to the back.

Anyway, about the show. Im going to be there at the crack of dawn friday. I know yall wanted to park together but im coming in with other non j friends and will parking down in the area by the venders under the trees. If you get there that early then your more than welcome to park with us. But to be brutelly honest. I hate parking further up on the hill. Unless someone has some of those pop up cover thingys.

I am all that is man

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 5:50 PM
So does this mean that you are selling your car or keeping it?
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 6:15 PM
Well if my car gets fixed in time il be there with my Local S-10 Club H-A-S-T-E. www.h-a-s-t-e.com

We have been talking about setting a big display to promote the club and that most likely where my car will be if its fixed in time, if not then maybe my rental will be there.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.

Sombody Needs to Make me a cool Sig, Because im Sig Challenged!

Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Im premium since January, but why doesnt it say that?????
Thursday, July 07, 2005 3:21 PM
IM keeping the car as my daily driver untill the S-10 is dragging frame on 20s, motor rebuilt, shaved, and painted. Then the Cavalier may begin the transformation to a RWD. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I am all that is man

Friday, July 08, 2005 9:19 AM
about a week away time to get any plans going. there's a group of us coming from dfw area up there. any OK AK want to meet w/us and head down there or meet up down there? theres about 4ish of us. ill be making calls to see whos going for sure this weekend. its time to get the hotel reserved. we will prolly be staying at one of the host hotels for the heatwave.

need to get a spot to meet in the mornings so we can J roll out to the show. some of us are intrested in showing but doesnt seem to be a big topic for most. theres a couple rolling w/there club but thats about it. would of loved to get a line of j's togther but i understand being with your clubs.

Friday, July 08, 2005 9:38 AM
host hotel we are planning to stay at

rooms are starting to fill up. traditional room is $59/night for 2 nights w/taxes is like $140. i talked to a guy from there and the rooms are reg about $120ish for the rooms.

Friday, July 08, 2005 9:42 AM
Friday, July 08, 2005 3:52 PM
I think thats the hotel Im at. Its fun as hell.

I am all that is man

Friday, July 08, 2005 8:01 PM
the more there the better!!

Saturday, July 09, 2005 5:29 AM
Every year I stay there its wild. Burnout contest in the parking lot and all sorts of crap. One year someone had a goat. Not sure what that was all about.

I am all that is man

Saturday, July 09, 2005 11:47 AM
well its nice to see a few/couple of us are excited about the show. ust be a lot of 1st timers looking here that dont know how cool/fun this show is. aside fom the texas heat.
im all excited.

just whish some of the j's there will contact me so the 4/5 of us from DFW area can roll togther to the show and maybe other places too.

Saturday, July 09, 2005 1:27 PM
just got my room reserved for the weekend!

Monday, July 11, 2005 2:19 PM
ok so it will just be me and my girl for the show.....

thursday we are heading out to go to new braunsfels to ride the river if the weather is good. then friday we are leaving there to head over to the show.....

we dont have a hotel reserved yet so looks like we may not be staying in austin since i think that the hotels pretty much sell out by now...but for sure i am going to be there..just may be staying in a hotel out of town instead of in austin.

Later
David

Monday, July 11, 2005 2:27 PM
there was still rooms at the hotel we are at

Monday, July 11, 2005 6:29 PM
2 weekends away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:28 PM
8 days left

Friday, July 15, 2005 1:00 PM
You my friend are a post whore.

I am all that is man

Friday, July 15, 2005 2:18 PM
ill take that as a compliment

Monday, July 18, 2005 12:53 PM
just around the corner.................................!!!!!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:11 AM
so its on a thursday

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 8:45 AM
fri-sun

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:04 AM
the pre-party is thursday night

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:24 PM
hey....where is the preparty at? @!#$ ill leave thursday if there is going to be one.

Yall let me know

Later
David

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 8:55 PM
it think its going to be at element, or paradox. im not sure. ill ask my friend

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search