BBQ at my new house to help finish my bodywork - Page 5 - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: BBQ at my new house to help finish my bodywork
Sunday, April 17, 2005 8:12 PM
I got no attitude. lol It has been in my experience not to bother on counting on other J's to show up for events (as josh well agrees (and some other members that can chime in if they like) since he came from Detroit where the J turnout was huge our meetings pale in comparison to them). Like I said every thread in here most people say ohh I will be there! And then half that or less shows up (this goes for big meets too not just local stuff) I simply haven't been proven wrong yet. It has been the simple truth for every meet I've made it to! I merely don't say I will be there unless I am sure to do so. I'm not pointing any fingers this has just been what I have had happen to me over the last 2 years or more with every jbod meet!

So like me and Josh said before hand we will both be there and get some stuff done and if nobody else shows it is all good we will kick it all day and have some drinks. I mean come on what has been the biggest meeting of jbods around DFW? Like 10 maybe at one time (pushing it)? It is just rare that we all get out crap together and happen to meet.

As for me making it to events I've meet you before William think I've met you 2 or 3 times. but 2 out of my 3 jbods are up for sale. So needless to say I don't have much to show but my Mustang which is a bit out of place with you guys.

<-- Doesn't understand how we can have so many active posters and not have big meets myself. Because I also go to VW bug meets, and Mustang meets and they both tend to have good turnouts. *shrug* Also I'm usually down for helping people out the weekend you guys where doing the doors I was putting my car back together because it was stolen recently. (not to mention I'm currently restoring a 63 bug and working on a 88 Sunbird) I'm not a big fan of going to the meets at car shows simply because I mostly drive my Mustang these days but I'm down for a mod day if I can make it because I always like to learn how to wrench on somebody else's car so if it is broken I can go home at the end of the day. LOL

95 Cobra
Check out my site

Sunday, April 17, 2005 8:36 PM
It's probably not so much the "attitude" its the sarcastic remarks, which generally comes from bad attitude. I know what you mean Labora, but then you have William and I that are probably the most active in the area show/meet wise that can take a little offense to it. I mean there was only what 3 people on the list? 1 came, so a 1/3 of the people showed? Not bad. This "meet" never really looked like a meet to me to begin with because of the not very big list at all. So i guess next time try and make a more subtle blow and say something like, " I wish more people could have come out". Cuz i kinda take it harder too cuz i do make a huge effort to get with you guys. I went all the way to Burilson last night. Took me 50 minutes to get him on 0 traffic. PLus i've been up to Allen to help Josh a bunch in the past.

Check Out My Domain Page!!!
Sunday, April 17, 2005 8:41 PM
you've been to my house 2 times i think, one time to get a fender, so dont say a much really. I do appreciate the help. I would make it out more why though when its just you and willaim to all of them. I work 40 hours a week, and i go to school, and i try to work on my car on the side, plus i have a house to take care of. So im a pretty busy person to come out to a meet at 9pm when i have to be up at 545am every morning to work at 7..

Lets just not argue anymore and drop it.

I wont be around anymore in this region anyways to post so nice knowing most of you.
Sunday, April 17, 2005 8:57 PM
your exactly right about the attendence w the j's since ive been here on the org theres hasnt been hardly anyone showing. the 1st few meets consisted of jux curtis and assiriath(sp). they dont meet anymore mostly cause hardly anyone shows. i think they meet w/the stangs?!?!? right now we are making the most progress w/the jbodys that prolly anyones seen. yall would make 2 more not mentioning names but i know someone else who could meet w/us but wont show cause they feel its a waste of time that its not a big group meet. if ALL those that feel that way showed up how many cars would show?!?! i dont know crap about cars but ive tried to help danny and hes helped me learn on m car also! you can meet w/us even w/a stang. in bulerson theres about 10-20 other guys that meet w/us that dont? bagged trucks imports muscle cars drag cars etc etc.

so if you josh steve curtis assitath started to give us a chance thats 5 more on top of the 8/9 that show.close to 13 of us! theres others that are expression intrest in showing. lets see ryan from k-ln area is going to come up maybe w/slammed cavi here and there. i told him id try to go down there to meet up w/them there so theres 1/2 more david from corsicana has showed some intrest in coming up for an event 1 more (the houston/S/A guys have expressed intrest in coming here for a meet since a couple of us have gone there for meets) so if we get all the mentioned ones to meet once a month then it would be getting better just the mentioned minus southern guys would have about 16. this is aside from others who are just learning of the org.

like i said, it was the way it was presented when yall mentioned about no one showing that got me going. YOUR words were not CAPS. i just think its not fair to talk us down when yall dont show either josh, if you were to thank whoever came out, then you could have just said "thanks brian for coming out" and that would have been enough!
but you didnt. you said thanks for "everyone" who showed! that was with attitude we BOTH know it and what it meant.

Sunday, April 17, 2005 9:04 PM

moving on..............................................................................

nuff said................................................

get-ur-dun..........................

hope everything works out w/the j josh. brian you should still meet up w/us. danny has another friend w/mach 1 that went to a show w/us once!

Sunday, April 17, 2005 9:37 PM
Monday, April 18, 2005 6:27 AM
Last but least, heres how a meet should turn out. Good old michigan meets. There even installing a back bumper which is pretty cool, looked like there meet turned out great.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=130144&t=130144
Monday, April 18, 2005 6:32 AM
please no one get offensive either about this link, i just think this is how a meet should turn out. Just my opionion is all.
Monday, April 18, 2005 9:04 AM
Monday, April 18, 2005 9:13 AM
sorry the 1st link didnt work. we had 9 j's together, 7 most the night. we even rolled together to sonic all backed in. so again we are in the works while you sit at home pouting. so since you feel that way go to michigan, not like you showed w/us anywhere anyways! so just stop your complaining, we did!!!

mods kill this post, please!

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 9:56 AM

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 1:37 PM
have you had a good day lately? (fox 4 news)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search