Job Decision - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Job Decision
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 2:59 PM
Well, as some may know I'm getting out of the Air Force. I decided this weekend to go guard and do weather. My choices are La Porte, TX or San Antonio, TX. I was just wondering what kind of things happen in these cities. Are there any J-body members that live there (SA, I know) and what kind of places they are to live in.

Thanks for your opinions.

Now Back from Iraq!
With More Favor and Less Calories
Working on the engine... Soon to be complete.

Re: Job Decision
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:19 PM
I've been to La Port a couple of times. Nice town. I go to Pasadena a lot which is not that far from there to visit my Mom and Sister.
Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:07 AM
I've gotta vote SA even though I've never been to La Porte. They have a nice track, and good J community as far as I can tell.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Thursday, April 21, 2005 3:00 PM
Yea, I'm still waiting on the SA guys to get back with me if they have an opening. I want to stay in Texas but where to live, where to live.

Now Back from Iraq!
Thursday, April 21, 2005 4:01 PM
move to Austin you will love it
also man thanks for holding it down there in iraq im glad your back
Friday, April 22, 2005 7:58 PM
houston is nice.. but i dont think he have a good j body community.. theres two good tracks here... one in baytown (1/4th) and one in north east houston (1/8th). Laporte is nice but san antonio is nice too,,,

here comes the boost!
Saturday, April 23, 2005 6:24 AM
i say SA why cuz its a cool town. im moving up there in august. j community is nice for SA. check out www.sajbody.org if ya wanna chit chat. forewarning though teh sites not done yet so dont get bummed out. but yeah check out our forums.....

Monday, April 25, 2005 4:41 PM
Well Houston is not a bad place, and La Porte is just a suburb if you will thats on the east side of town.

There are alot fo J's around and alot that are modded, but for some reason when it comes time to tyr and get a meet organize they all turn into pussys and never show up for anything, and then pot on here saying the Houston J's scene is dead.

I would like to have a regular meet, but it never seems to work out, seems nobody wants to drive anywhere, and alwys complains about how it is to everything.

Either place would be a cool place to live, My Mother in law lives in Boerne which is in the west side of SA, and ive been to SA a few times and always had a great time, nice people.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.

Fully built turbo 2200 in progress, should be installed very soon. Will post details as they happen.
Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Im premium since January, but why doesnt it say that?????
Monday, April 25, 2005 5:07 PM
HotRodV6 wrote:Well Houston is not a bad place, and La Porte is just a suburb if you will thats on the east side of town.

There are alot fo J's around and alot that are modded, but for some reason when it comes time to tyr and get a meet organize they all turn into pussys and never show up for anything, and then pot on here saying the Houston J's scene is dead.

I would like to have a regular meet, but it never seems to work out, seems nobody wants to drive anywhere, and alwys complains about how it is to everything.

Either place would be a cool place to live, My Mother in law lives in Boerne which is in the west side of SA, and ive been to SA a few times and always had a great time, nice people.

Here would you be interested in a meet?

http://www.createforum.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=texasjs&sid
Texas J-body forums
Monday, April 25, 2005 5:29 PM
Well, the SA guys at Lackland AFB have a job open... I find out about Houston at La Porte Airport tomarrow. My wife and I would rather move to Houston (job opertunities) but SA is a guarenteed job... Man, so many decisions.

Now Back from Iraq!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search