Open Road Course racing in Louisiana for only $50! - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Open Road Course racing in Louisiana for only $50!
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 11:22 AM
Anyone going to this?

OPEN ROAD COURSE LAPPING SESSION
Friday, May 27th - 8am - 4pm, Rain or Shine, at No Problem Raceway - Belle Rose, LA (near Baton Rouge)

This is an open road course lapping and/or drifting practice session. Drivers will have access to the peanut portion of the road course for the entire day. Any Import, Domestic, RWD, AWD, or FWD vehicle is welcome. Drivers will be separated between grip and drift, but may switch throughout the day. A tire changing machine will be at the track. This is much more than a parking lot session, so don’t miss out! $50 for a whole day of road course time is an unbeatable price.

Preregistration fee - $50
Day of registration - $70
5 lap only sessions will be available for $10.
Registration will stop once 50 have signed up. Call 225-247-RACE or email hybridentertainment78@yahoo.com for preregistration info.

Spectator fee is $8 with a flyer coupon (regular $10). Print the flyer in this post for the coupon (right click on image and print). All entry fees also include spectator entry into the track’s regular Friday Night Trophy Drag (5 pm - 11pm).

Re: Open Road Course racing in Louisiana for only $50!
Saturday, May 21, 2005 3:20 PM
Man that would be awesome as hell, would really give me a chance to play with my new D-spec's and really see the differance.

I wonder how far it is from Houston??

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.

Sombody Needs to Make me a cool Sig, Because im Sig Challenged!

Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Im premium since January, but why doesnt it say that?????
Saturday, May 21, 2005 5:05 PM
HotRodV6:
Distance: 301.2 miles Approximate Travel Time: 6 hours 16 mins
map is right here

-Ozzie

Doin it Texas Style...
Saturday, May 21, 2005 5:20 PM
dam, that really sounds like fun, how many people are planning on going? Anybody?

300 miles is kinda far, but for 50 bucks you almsot cant pass that up, probably cost me around 3-4 tanks of gas, and it would be best to drive there thursday afternoon/night and be at the track early to get full benefit.

I think the 6 hour estimate is way off, probably more like 3.5 to 4 hours, if you drive really fast closer to 3 hours.

What exactly is the peanut portion of the track? How long is that section, i seen on there website the total track is 1.8 miles, id love to be able to run the whole track. There site has no info about this event in there calender, also on the map of the track layout nothing says peanut portion.

Im really thinking i need to make this trip and get some lap time.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.

Sombody Needs to Make me a cool Sig, Because im Sig Challenged!

Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Im premium since January, but why doesnt it say that?????
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 2:24 AM
i live in new orleans, and this is our closest track and a huge group of people are going from my neck of the woods including me. and just to let you know there is also an auto cross event going on at belle chase naval air station sat during the day, too.

If it's too loud, you're too old!!
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 2:25 AM
oh and the event was pushed back to somewhere in june b/c of rain sorry.

If it's too loud, you're too old!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search