Worst mod i ever did to my car!!!!!!!!! - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Worst mod i ever did to my car!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 6:00 PM
Well my day started otu pretty good, but on the way home from work this afternoon it took a sudden turn for the @!#$er, and well ill let the pics do most of the talking.

Its not going to total it out i dont hink, hell it didnt even push the fenders back at all, and the air bags didnt go off. Im going to try and talk the body shop into installing my glass SLR fenders and a glass ram air hood and might try and get at least the front bumber of a body kit installed and painted, i can do the sides and back later on.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.

Sombody Needs to Make me a cool Sig, Because im Sig Challenged!

Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Im premium since January, but why doesnt it say that?????

Re: Worst mod i ever did to my car!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 6:04 PM
I rearended a Chevy Avalance, and all it got was some red paint on the trailer hitch, and a small scuff on the plastic around the tralier hitch. I was up under the truck pretty good till i put it in reverse.

Ill update the info as i get it from my insurance.

Mike

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 6:39 PM
damn that sux dude....im surprised the big brake kit didn't help you stop before it was too late....if you want, i got a ram air hood for sale...250 and it's yours

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:15 PM
DAMN thats sucks major donkey balls, but glad to see that your ok and i hope you get her on the road fast . HMMM from looking at it you might just need a front bumper, hood, maybe a rad support, and the back support to your head lights. You lucked out on your lights not busting and your air bags going off that saved you a winsheild and two air bags. But it still sucks to see her that way.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:43 PM
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMIT!!!!!!!!THAT BLOWWWWSSSS. Sorry to see your car that way. Glad your allright. And I'm glad that your not trashing it or parting it out.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:34 PM
that sucks man.. hope u get it fixed soon

here comes the boost!
Thursday, June 30, 2005 8:45 AM
oh man that hurts to see Mike. Well i hope you get back on ur feet soon and wer,'t hurt or anything. Good luck!

Check Out My Domain Page!!!
Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:35 AM
TRD_CAV (poisioncavi) wrote:damn that sux dude....im surprised the big brake kit didn't help you stop before it was too late....if you want, i got a ram air hood for sale...250 and it's yours

Got any pics you can send me or post of the hood, im interested.

Also i dont think it will get totalled, now if the air bags had gone off then this may have been a thread parting out the car, but i have a set of glass SLR fenders that will get installed and painted, and id like to get atleast the front bumper of a body kit installed out of this deal, probably cheaper than a stock bumper.

Ill update as i get more info on what the insurance is going to pay, and what parts are going to go back on the car.

Mike

Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:53 AM
Well a small update, i got off the phoen with the insurance alittle while ago, and the storage lot its at now, which is 60 miles form my house was telling the insurance the car is a total, and i told her no way its a total, it may be a cavalier but its not totalled, now if the air bags had gone off id say probably, but no.

Anyways i had to release the car so it can get towed to the body shop, and hopefully that will happend to day and an adjuster will go to the shop and take a look at it.

I found a body kit i like and even though Wings West is out of business i found a complete brand new body kit at a local shop, Called Modern Performance racing.

Its the Big Mouth kit and they want 650 for it. So i will most likely be putting that on the car, its one of the many kits i have been looking at and since i found one local and dont have to pay shipping it seems like the best deal and i think it will look good with the SLR fenders i have. I will most likely go back with a stock hood for now, as most of the ram air hoods i dont like, im not a fan of the camaro style at all, but im waiting on pics form a local so well see what it looks like.

Im going to see about getting my mirriors and door handles painted to match also, may have to come out of pocket for that, and maybe get the whole car painted, it needs it.

Ok, well thats all i have for now.

Mike

Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:56 PM
OUCH

Thursday, June 30, 2005 5:35 PM
no doubt man, that is sh*ty. LOL hope you get everything together again soon man, good luck.

Friday, July 01, 2005 8:08 PM
Ok, well another update:

Went to Modern Performance to look at the kit they had in stock, and all looked good and we struck a deal for 619 plus tax and 671 later it was in the back on my rental Colorado truck heading to the body shop, and on the way there my wife calls me and says the insurance guy just left the body shop and left a check for alittle 3K for the shop to start working on the car and getting it back together.

So ill have the WW Big Mouth body kit on, and glass SLR style fenders, and im going to be looking at hoods most of the weekend, Anybody got any good websites with lots of pics?

Im also going to try and get the RK Sport Pro Stock fiberglass wing installed also, and if there is enough left the whole car will get painted.

Will now more info on Tuesday when i take the body kit and fenders to the shop and sit down and talk to them.

Mike

Friday, July 01, 2005 8:36 PM
Ok, i think i may have found a hood i like that everyoens else doesnt have also. Its a ram air but on steriods.

I think it will look real good with the WW Big Mouth body kit i have an SLR style fenders.

Heres a pic of the body kit off of WW website incase not everyones has seen it before.

Now imagine this pic with the RK Sport Pro Stock wing and my car will be sweet.

I thinks its all going to come together and then in a few months when the turbo engine goes in, ill have a cavalier that will demand some respect, if not then all that boost will just straight up take it from you.......LOL.

Im beginning to be very happy about wrecking my car and not so pissed off anymore.

Ok, thats all for now

Mike

Friday, July 01, 2005 10:21 PM
hey gimme a call so we can meet up and you can see the ram air hood....281.387.4109

Saturday, July 02, 2005 6:21 AM
Hey! Why did you copy my mod? I told everyone not to. It didn't work well.

Jock!

I went the extra step though, crushed the lights, fenders, radiator and blew the airbags. No use doing it half ass. Worst part of my mod is I was using liability only insurance. Thats why I now drive the talon and not my cav.

In all seriousness atleast it wasn't too bad. Glad you're ok. Hope everything works out. If they total the car it may work in your advantage. Try and buy it back from them. More then likely they'll sell it dirt cheap.

Saturday, July 02, 2005 6:33 AM
dude, that sucks. sorry to hear it

"Official Jewish J-Body"
Saturday, July 02, 2005 6:47 AM
whats up w/you red cars

glad you both are ok. i personally dont like the new mods. sticks out too much. you could enter in under construction class.

Saturday, July 02, 2005 7:41 AM
Man that sucks for you, and me, but mine will be fixed, body shop has a check from my insurance and will have the body kit and fenders dropped off on tuesday morning.

Good luck with getting your fixed and back on the road, I know if my air bags had gone off mione would have been totalled and this thread would be goning in a completely different direction. But maybe becaue mine is loowered, or kinda hit offset and not centered and wasnt going all that fast or hell i just got lucky, and sokem good can come out of all this bad.

Mike

Saturday, July 02, 2005 12:49 PM
here's some pix of the hood man..call me and let me know if your still interested....

it needs to be resanded and painted but there are no cracks at all and it doesn't require hood pins...

Sunday, July 03, 2005 12:43 PM
HotRodV6,
Just get a stock hood and spend the rest on the turbo & motor.

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 3:44 PM
Damn............

Great choice on the big mouth but Im not a fan of the giant hood. But hey it aint mine.
I think the reg ram air type would be better.

I am all that is man

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:05 PM
PoisonCavy: Thanks for the pics, hood looks nice but not my style, ive nbever been a fan of the camaro SS style hood, not even on the camaro. And on the cavy it just looks out of proportion to me.

I like the dual snorkel hood, althought it is alittle more aggresive than i really want, buti figure with some mesh in the openings and it painted red it should tame it down a bit.

Although i may just go with a stock hood for now, and get the RK Sport Pro Stock wing installed and pianted instead, i can alwasy do the hood later. Im going to lose my redline tuning hood struts becaue im installing fiberglass fenders, but im going to buy another kit down the road and try and get them to mount on the firewall, maybe in place of the stock hinges, well have to see, but for now it will be back to the prop rod.

Ive been out of town all weekend and will be dropping off the kit and fenders at the body shop first thing in the morning.

Mike

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:57 PM
Ok, i finnaly found the ram air hood i was looking for, not sure the quality but the price is pretty good. Its from Spyder Automotive and the hood is 379 plus 80 bucks for shipping.

Or this one is similiar to the CF one i like that Jason at A-Plus Performance has a GP on right now.

I actually like both of these hoods, but think the dual snorkel one will look better on my car.

I would like to know what everyone else thinks.

Adler: MOst of these hoods have the same price as a stock hood, according to the body shop, so ill be getting an upgrade for free, just have to pay alittle time to get the part ready for paint since it has more prep time than a stock steel hood. And dont worry the turbo engine is comming along nicely, this is only a minor setback. Ill email you some new pics i have.

Mike

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 5:49 PM
I like the one jason has so i will say the second one
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 5:07 AM
Go Snorkel!! You don't see'em to often and IMO they only look good on either Red or Black Car's anyway. Good to see that your bringing her back to life quickly. Whatcha having to drive in the mean time?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search