Worst mod i ever did to my car!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Worst mod i ever did to my car!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 8:56 AM
GotSacchi? wrote:Go Snorkel!! You don't see'em to often and IMO they only look good on either Red or Black Car's anyway. Good to see that your bringing her back to life quickly. Whatcha having to drive in the mean time?

Yeah i fell the same way, they can also look sweet on a white car also.

As far as a rental goes, im having to rough it with a Chevy Colorado Crew Cab, Indiglo Blue. That 3.5L I5 has some pretty good pull on the freeway for a 5 hole engine.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.

Sombody Needs to Make me a cool Sig, Because im Sig Challenged!

Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Im premium since January, but why doesnt it say that?????

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 5:20 PM
OK, well after taking the body kit and fenders to the the body shop this morning i found out i have the shop to thank for the Insurance not totalling the car. Seems the adjsuter wanted to total it, but the guy that owns the shop is long time buddys with the adjuster and was able to save the car.

So i thanked him and all is good now. I am having the mesh in the front bumper and sides and in the fenders painted white so it will stnad out alittle more and the rest al painted stock red.

Im not sure the hood is going to get on the car, may just have to go with stock hood for now, and then later on i want to have a bunch on small dents removed and an RK SPort pro stock wing installed and do the hood then and have the whole car painted at once with alittle darker shade of red, with not so much orange in it.

I could get the hood now, but the shop doesnt have a shop credit card to order with it with so that i can use the insurance money, and Spydar Automotive only take Paypal or money order, so i am going to talk ot the guy at the shop and see if he can/will send a money order for it and if so then its all good, if not then it will be a stock hood going back on.

On an interesting side note i found 2 different companys that have almost the same if not exact hood, the frist is what i already posted Spydar Automotive 379 plus 80 bucks shipping, seen here

The other is the original place i seen this hood after a fellow org member posted pics if it on his car, the company is called www.soundspeedsports.com and here is a pic of there hood they sell for 369 but becasue its comming from canada the shipping is 340 bucks.

Mike

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 5:51 PM
Well forget all that nonsense about not getting the ram air hood for the car, i just placed the order for it thru paypal, 459 shipped to the body shop, i thought thats not a bad deal, then i get an email from the place that says they are located in canada and i will get a seperate bill from a brokerage house for the dam brokerage fees. ANd i think the hoods above are the same and one of those companys is not the ones that make it.

Anyways Spydars website says nothing at all about being in canada and for the 80 bucks shipping they charge i figured they were in the states somewhere, this has really got me steamed now, but what the hell can i do about it besides nothing.

Ok, i just had to vent about that.

Mike

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 8:35 PM
Damm Canadian's!! JK That would steam me to....That colorado that is your temp tran's is a fun powerful little s***. We had one when the trany went out of wack about a year ago. Black / Tan Interior,auto,second gear bark... well it's late for me talk to ya later.
JD

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search