Ennis August 12th - Page 3 - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Ennis August 12th
Monday, August 01, 2005 7:19 PM
91 Cav wrote:
Hey Adler, wanna run a mostly stock SRT-4??? I put it all back to stock accept for a boost controller. Stock air box, stock exhaust(I even added a muffler), stock computer, stock wastegate actuator. I'll run ya, you on slicks and me on street tires.

Yea, I will run you on the 12th. Me on slicks and you on drag radials?

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Monday, August 01, 2005 10:23 PM
BTW David when is that junkyard dog of yours going to be up and running? Sounds interesting to say the least in a really ODD kind of way. LOL

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:46 AM
Adler wrote:
91 Cav wrote:
Hey Adler, wanna run a mostly stock SRT-4??? I put it all back to stock accept for a boost controller. Stock air box, stock exhaust(I even added a muffler), stock computer, stock wastegate actuator. I'll run ya, you on slicks and me on street tires.

Yea, I will run you on the 12th. Me on slicks and you on drag radials?

Nope, you on slicks and me on street tires. Even with supposedly bad track prep I can 60' my car on street tires. Granted, not as good as I can on slicks but I get the job done.

btw, what kind of mph are you running?

91 Cav "GT"<-- R.I.P.
91 Cavalier Wagonstein - Turbocharged wagon goodness
You can take my rifle when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:51 AM
Labora wrote:BTW David when is that junkyard dog of yours going to be up and running? Sounds interesting to say the least in a really ODD kind of way. LOL

That project is on hold right now. My friend has all of his stuff in our garage so my Metro is being used for car part storage right now. All it needs to get back on the road is the cam timing to be set. The turbo is not on it yet but the built head is on it. 10.5:1 compression from milling, fuly port and polish job, stainless steel exhaust valves, custom cam, adjustable cam timing gear, and a couple of other goodies. The car should be making in the neighborhood of 70 hp to the flywheel(stock is 52) right now on pump gas. After the turbo goes on, I'll proably have to run race gas all the time(because of the high compression) but it should be putting out around 90-100 hp to the wheels.

91 Cav "GT"<-- R.I.P.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 12:11 PM
91 Cav wrote:btw, what kind of mph are you running?

Right around 100mph.

13.2 @ 108 mph
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 5:51 PM
Adler wrote:

Right around 100mph.

Umm, no offense but if you're only trapping 100 mph AND you're having traction problems in 3rd gear then something is TERRIBLY wrong!! I've trapped 108 mph on street tires and got full traction in 2nd gear on the track whereas I'd spin all through 2nd gear on the street.

Sounds like you've either got crappy suspension, crappy street tires(read REAL crappy), you don't know how to drive it, or you're trying to slam the gears.

For the record, even with bad track prep and street tires(not drag radials but true street tires) it is possible in a high hp(280+ whp) FWD car to pull off 2.0 60' times AND to get traction in 2nd gear.

91 Cav "GT"<-- R.I.P.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 6:17 PM
91 Cav wrote:
Adler wrote:

Right around 100mph.
Sounds like you've either got crappy suspension, crappy street tires(read REAL crappy), you don't know how to drive it, or you're trying to slam the gears.

Last time I saw his street tires they where used and one of the front ones was a slick! No tread at all atleast it had no cords showing yet.

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 8:20 PM
I am trapping 100mph on slicks without any traction problems. I think the traps were the same on the crap street tires that I have on the car. The problem is with the street tires that I was trying to use.
I dont care about those street tires now since I only run the car with slicks at the track. No traction problems yet when I am on the slicks.

13.2 @ 108 mph

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 3:58 AM
Yeah, you won't have traction problems with slicks at the hp/tq level you're at right now. I borrowed a set of 22" slicks from a friend of mine(WAY too short) and I was spinning them all through 1st gear. Once I got my old 24.5" slicks I never spun again. 1.7 second 60' times feel incredible!!

But, I get more satisfaction out of running good times on street tires.

91 Cav "GT"<-- R.I.P.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 2:21 PM
Jux never talked smack.... Curtis is the talker here.

mk
Thursday, August 04, 2005 7:42 PM
I would like too see them do a heads-up, since both cars have roughly the same HP. But too me, an intentional heads up is only interesting if the cars are matched and the outcome is uncertain. In this case, the outcome is certain, Adler would win do too the advantage the slicks would provide.

So, if Steve goes (not sure he will or will not) and races the car, I just wouldn't waste the time too do an intentional line up and if per chance they actually did line up, it doesn't matter since the outcome is already known.

Besides, Adler is king of talking smack.

Curtis
91' Turbo Z24
http://www.turboz24.com

Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:15 PM
Curtis Walker wrote:Besides, Adler is king of talking smack.

13.2 @ 108 mph

Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:16 PM

ITS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:21 PM
Curtis Walker wrote:

Someone stop taking their medicine? because you're completely delusional!!
Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:34 PM
Curtis Walker wrote:I would like too see them do a heads-up, since both cars have roughly the same HP. But too me, an intentional heads up is only interesting if the cars are matched and the outcome is uncertain. In this case, the outcome is certain, Adler would win do too the advantage the slicks would provide.

So, if Steve goes (not sure he will or will not) and races the car, I just wouldn't waste the time too do an intentional line up and if per chance they actually did line up, it doesn't matter since the outcome is already known.

Maybe you wouldn't be so scared if you ACTUALLY raced your car instead of having someone else do it ....when I see / hear of you actually making a pass down the track then you can at least try to talk smack .,.
Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:47 PM
BOOM HEADSHOT!
Friday, August 05, 2005 11:57 AM
*UPDATE*
Most of the Mustangs should be meeting at Hooters in Mesquite @ about 5 o clock. (Show up early because I don't think we will be staying there for long) And then everybody will cruise out to Ennis.

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Friday, August 05, 2005 12:02 PM
Mustangs and one Sunfire.

13.2 @ 108 mph

Friday, August 05, 2005 12:04 PM
Adler wrote:Mustangs and one Sunfire.

Cool. I got a few more things to do before next week but I should be racing hopefully.

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Friday, August 05, 2005 1:21 PM
AND MOST OF THE TEXAS J's should be there as well we are still deciding on who all is going and what not

ITS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday, August 05, 2005 1:43 PM
BTW I forgot to add about the cruise. IF you are going to go with us on the cruise please no racing, cutting in/out of traffic etc. along the way! We will be racing at the track!

Anybody doing anything stupid will draw unwanted attention and WILL NOT be appreciated. On the last long cruise we did we averaged maybe 5mph over the limit and tried to stay in one lane most of the time and it ended up working out great!

95 Cobra
Check out my site

Friday, August 05, 2005 4:16 PM
Man, I wanna come chill with you guys sometime.... I'm gonna see when the next meet is and try to follow

Friday, August 05, 2005 4:34 PM
thats how i feel about rolling togther, too

Sunday, August 07, 2005 6:33 PM
Labora wrote:*UPDATE*
Most of the Mustangs should be meeting at Hooters in Mesquite @ about 5 o clock. (Show up early because I don't think we will be staying there for long) And then everybody will cruise out to Ennis.

Is that the Hooter's between I-30 and highway 80 off of 635?

I'm gonna try to be there, but I might just show up at the track instead. It depends on if my girl friend can come along or not.

91 Cav "GT"<-- R.I.P.

Sunday, August 07, 2005 7:15 PM
91 Cav wrote:Is that the Hooter's between I-30 and highway 80 off of 635?.

That is it exactly. Take the towneast exit from 635!

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search