Who can paint in Texas? - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Who can paint in Texas?
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 6:57 PM
Hey, I just got a new Ram air RK hood, and now it needs to be painted. Who here can help me out? I was hoping to get it painted in the $250 range or less, who could do it? Know of anyone who could do it? Thanks!

O noes!

Re: Who can paint in Texas?
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 6:58 PM
im also interested to know this. Got most of car parts coming in soon and need someone who could get me painted. thanks

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 7:46 PM
there is a guy I know in Crowley That does a good job and could prolly do it cheap too..
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 8:11 PM
i am also looking to, otherwise i'll be spraying my car in the garage again like last winter. I got a quote from a local guy for $1800 cash, which isnt that bad i just dont have that much cash. I can prolly primer, paint, clear my whole car for around $500, that wasnt counting all the body work i have been doing which is prolly a few hundred more. Im going the stock red color again.
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:16 PM
I will talk to him as long as I know what colors you are all wanting to go with and how long you can be with out your car may take a couple days..
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 4:07 AM
hey, talk to him for me. Im needing a 2 tone paint. Bottom the stock red color and top the black. i dont mind being withtou car for a little while. Lemme know what he says. thansk

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 6:53 AM
BigB-good luck on getting a decent price on a two tone paint job. My $1800 was quoted for the same color red on my car. Im guessing two tone will be over 2 grand. Unless you got cash you better find someone that can do it on the side or something or just spray it yourself and learn.
Thursday, July 28, 2005 8:18 PM
Brian's paint and auto body in Burkburnett...painted and mounted a body kit on a RSX for $800 damn good job...it will be shown at HIN in Dallas
Friday, July 29, 2005 9:12 AM
I'll be painting my own over winter, if anyone is interested in learning, you are welcome to stop by my house in allen, texas.
Friday, July 29, 2005 10:31 AM
hey full kitted, if urs turns out any good and willing to do some others i wouldnt mind you doing mine. OF course i will pay, but let me know.

Friday, July 29, 2005 11:30 AM
BigB - when do you plan on painting yours. Im prolly going to actually paint my car sometime around november. If you want to wait im sure i can paint yours after i do mine. In about a month im going to primer my whole car with the primer filler. Im going to start taking everything off that i can remove and the trunklid i will paint off the car and the hood i will be pulling off. Im prolly goign to spray my interior pieces while im painting the rest of the car so it will match perfect. Once im ready to do it your more than welcome to stop by to see my process. Paint will come out nice i guarantee it. Im just going to turn my garage into a paint booth for a few months.

Friday, July 29, 2005 2:53 PM
my hood and trunk lid wont need to be painted cause i ordered and now waitign for my carbon ifber ones to come in. My kit will need painting, fenders and then if i shave my locks, not the handels, just locks, that will need painted and then wanting to paint tiop half of car black. Let me know when you would be able to do it and how long u think it should take. I may have to rent a car, theirs a Avis near my house that just got a cobalt in and mind have to rent that for a while. let me know.

Friday, July 29, 2005 6:31 PM
hey kit you have a vaccum seal in your garage???
Friday, July 29, 2005 6:46 PM
that isnt needed. just prefered to keep all the dust and dirt out.
Friday, July 29, 2005 9:58 PM
There's a shop named Tino's collisions and custom repair in Sandia, Tx its about 5 to ten minutes to Mathis, he does alot of work for the guys at scorpion auto design. He pretty reasonable , he also mold body kits to th cars. he does awesome work.. If anyone is interested let me know and ill give you the number to his shop
Saturday, July 30, 2005 7:22 AM
no vaccuum seal. Heres what i do though.

I clear everything out of the garage. I sweep all the dirt out. Then i put tarp all the way around covering the ceilings and floor. Then i spray the walls down and floor down with water. Then i close the garage over night, then the next morning i will start spraying.

My first paint job in the garage went fine, so im thinking this will go even better.
Saturday, July 30, 2005 7:29 AM
no matter what shop, you guys say a decent price. To mold and paint a whole car your prolly talking 3 grand. Im doing alot of work on my car and i dont want overspray or anything. Ive seen alot of shops work and some are terrible. Im sure there are still godo ones out there but those are the ones that want a arm and a leg. Just to paint a body kit for $800 is extremely high if he didnt have to do fiberglassing or body work on it. I ve prolly got 30 hours of body work in my car so far. Heres a pic of my paint job last year in my garage.

Heres my current body work pics to the people that hasnt seen it.

current body work
Saturday, July 30, 2005 7:31 AM

Saturday, July 30, 2005 8:01 AM
Oh I thought $800 was reasonable...Money's not an issue for me though
Saturday, July 30, 2005 9:25 AM
Quote:

Money's not an issue for me though

did that even needed to be mentioned? try looking down, not all of us have money to throw away. can we say snob? i bet you even had a little giggle as you wrote that.

Saturday, July 30, 2005 9:31 AM
guess mommy and daddy still pays for everything huh oh and wasnt giggleing she straight laughing .

Saturday, July 30, 2005 9:36 AM
well its really about the money for me right now. With my mortgage, i cant just go and spend 2k on a paint job. Another i chose to do it myself, then i know i can make it perfect. When do you stuff yourself it makes you feel alot better.

Next summer, i'll be at every show revealing my car. Should be done by then. Im looking to turbo but thats my next project after paint.

Thanks for those two comments about money issues. NOT ALL OF US OUR RICH!
Saturday, July 30, 2005 9:44 AM
here to support and encourge ones not put people down

Saturday, July 30, 2005 9:56 AM
Yellow Rimed One wrote:
Quote:

Money's not an issue for me though

did that even needed to be mentioned? try looking down, not all of us have money to throw away. can we say snob? i bet you even had a little giggle as you wrote that.

What is your problem this is the 2nd forum that you caught an attitude with...And no my mommy and daddy don't pay for anything...my parents live in PA and I'm in TX...I have mortgage too, and any other bills that a home owner has...I just know how to budget and utilize my money...So, I have extra...I work full time and I go to school...
Saturday, July 30, 2005 9:57 AM
Why do you think I bought a J-Body...cause they are cheap...I test drove the GTO and almost walked out with in for 0% apr or 2.9% apr...but I figured I'd save more money and get a better house
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search