For Houston j-bodys - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
For Houston j-bodys
Thursday, August 18, 2005 10:59 PM
We now have a place just or us to meet, thanks to red05cavalier. It's located in Sugarland at First Colony Mall. The address is 16535 S.W. Freeway #2000 Sugarland, Texas, 77479. We have serveral people already interested in this. I'm going to start a list of screen names of the people who said they are interested, if you want to go just add your name. If you want more information on the place I'm sure he will give you the information.

1.red05cavalier
2.utimike
3.gtsunfire
4.itsasunfire
5.HotRodV6
6.Jen

utimike2.JPG

Re: For Houston j-bodys
Friday, August 19, 2005 4:35 AM
post some info and maybe dfw j's can roll out there some time.

Friday, August 19, 2005 5:52 AM
Well the time and date hasn't been yet, but most likely it would on a weekend. Also I want to plan it at least a month in advance so I can give everyone a chance to make plans to go. It would be great be meet j's from dfw. I want everyone's opinion on what time and day it should be.

utimike2.JPG
Friday, August 19, 2005 7:41 AM
sounds good. yall should plan to have one up here with us. we from the dfw always travel outa town to meet up w/yall. SA/austin/houston area.

Friday, August 19, 2005 7:49 AM
damn in sugarland...well i plan on coming but not with my j...it's getting a facelift jusr post when and what time mike.

Friday, August 19, 2005 5:41 PM
You know im down for a meet, just let me know when and where.

Id say probably a friday or Sat evening would be a good time to meet,friday would be better for me, say around 7pm or so, that way it gives traffice a chance to clear out, and it starts to cool off, maybe even 8pm, yeah 8pm sounds better. AThen just hang out and BS till everyone gets tired, or hang for a few hours, check out everyones rides and then go on a cruise convoy style. there is some nice backroads thru Ft. Bend county that are good for a cruise, or cruise to westhiemer and hang out.

Just some ideas im throwing out there.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.

Sombody Needs to Make me a cool Sig, Because im Sig Challenged!

Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Im premium since January, but why doesnt it say that?????
Friday, August 19, 2005 8:49 PM
Im in. Maybe it will be long enough away for me to get some new air bags back on my cavy.

I am all that is man

Friday, August 19, 2005 9:08 PM
1.red05cavalier
2.utimike
3.gtsunfire
4.itsasunfire
5.HotRodV6
6.Jen
7.TRD-CAV
8.ESB

I just heard that the place gets pretty busy. So maybe we could do what HotRodV6 suggested. We could meet there, introduce ourselves and check each other cars out, we could also eat something there if we want because the name of the place is The Cheesecake Factory. Or we could leave for a cruise somewhere if it's too packed.

utimike2.JPG
Friday, August 19, 2005 9:10 PM
Maybe we could valet park ($5), talk for a bit look at each others cars, go inside and eat, talk some more, leave for a cruise?

Friday, August 19, 2005 9:36 PM
Why not just meet up in the Mall parking lot, there is lots of space a First Colony, and as long as we arent burning tires and getting stupic nobody is going to run us off. I dont want to feel obligated that i have to pay to park, and then go inside and buy something if i dont want to.

I mean if we paid to valet park, how are we going to be abel to check out each others rides, there no garentee that they will all be parked next to each other, and then they will be locked up with the valet holding the keys, and besides that i dotn like to pay someone to park my own ride, thats just me though, im kinda funny that way.

Thats just my $.02 on that.

Mike

Friday, August 19, 2005 9:54 PM
i was just throwing ideas out there...i usually only valet park when i dont feel like looking for a space and i never give them my keys...i just pay for the spot. But yes we could meet in the mall parking lot.

Friday, August 19, 2005 10:16 PM
Let's the suggestings keep coming in guys. I really want this to happen.
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 5:15 PM
What about late September early October as a date for us? I think that give us enough time for us to take a day off from work if necessary. What does everyone think?

utimike2.JPG
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:03 PM
Im good for whenever.
FInger it out and I'll be there.

I am all that is man

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:49 PM
Yellow Rimed One wrote:post some info and maybe dfw j's can roll out there some time.

Let me know if some of yall will be coming.

utimike2.JPG
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:18 PM
maybe mid/late sept

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:32 PM
That works for me also at this point.

I was thinking of maybe more of a central location, im not sure how many are on the Sugarland side of town, but from my place on the east side its quit a drive. Now i dotn wat tanybody to say im just bitching to bitch, casue ill drive wherever its at and peopel that know me know this.
'But a more central location will get a bigger turn out i think. Maybe not, just another suggestion, i mean just becasue a place says they are "ok" with us there, it usually ends up getting out of hand of they person that said it was cool, never had the right to say that in the first place.

Almost any resturant ot large shopping center wont mind us hanging out in the parking lot, as long as were are respectful of local patrons and obeying the law.

Like i said, wherever and whenever is cool with me, just more suggestions ive been thining about the last few days.

Mike

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:53 PM
Here's another suggestion for y'all guys. A group of us from www.houston-domestics.com use to meet every weekend at the parking lot at the main U of H campus. A girl I know organized this and still go there and I asked if it's still ok to do and she said yes. We did that because we were in the same boat as we are now, people coming from different sides of town, and it's more of a central location. Also there's plenty of room for us.

utimike2.JPG
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:55 PM
Yeah im cool with that also.

Mike

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 9:32 PM
maybe we should have 4 meets...one on the north, south, east, and west sides of town that way everyone will have a chance to have it in a close location.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 9:52 PM
about where is this city called sugarland? close to austin?S.A.? houston?

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:07 PM
its just south of houston.. not even 5 min outside of southwest houston

here comes the boost!
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:08 PM
Yellow Rimed One wrote:about where is this city called sugarland? close to austin?S.A.? houston?

Just outside the city limits in the sw part of town.

utimike2.JPG
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:15 PM
red05cavalier wrote:maybe we should have 4 meets...one on the north, south, east, and west sides of town that way everyone will have a chance to have it in a close location.

What do you mean? Like 4 meets at once or like 4 at different times? Because I don't think a lot of J's from Houston are coming at least not enough for the 4 meets at the same time.

utimike2.JPG
Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:23 PM
no i meant at different times

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search