[DFW] Need a shop to do some engine work - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
[DFW] Need a shop to do some engine work
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:18 PM
Here is the deal.

I have a 98 4 door cavalier and the engine blew. My friend started the motor swap to put a new engine in and can not finish the job. It is in the bay for the most part.

The point I am at, I just wanna drop it off somewhere reliable to finish the work. It needs quite a bit to be completely finished.
It needs to be completely bolted into the bay, The full wire harnss heeds to be connected, A/C and Heat needs to be made sure they work (will be sisters car), and the full brake system needs to be finished. And really anything else that is found to be f'd up on the car.

I just need someone reliable in the area to tow it to that can do the work. Doesnt have to be done in a fast time frame. (sister gets DL at the end of the month) But I would prefer someone who knows the cavalier front to back. Car needs to get out of my driveway by Saturday.

Any ideas? Please help guys!

Re: [DFW] Need a shop to do some engine work
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:30 PM
BTW: I am in Mesquite.

Plus I am looking for a decent bodykit, Ram Air hood, and anything else for the 2200 engine. Trying to make it halfway decent for my sis. Know I cant get much speed, but I can make it look real nice.
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 8:26 PM
There is this place here in haltom city that goes by the book the name is Automotive Associates. It would be an arm and a leg because they go by the book on everything.

WHO WANTS TO MAKE ME A SIG????????????????

=)
Thursday, September 08, 2005 11:09 AM
Is this a stock motor? same that belonged in the car? etc.

A little more info would be helpful.

Curtis
91' Turbo Z24
http://www.turboz24.com
Thursday, September 08, 2005 11:16 AM
too bad your not in Houston, you could bring over my place and id hav yo fixed up in no time. Might even be selling my ram air hood also. Not sure yet though.

Anyways if your interested, i can make you a pretty good deal, and much cheaper than any shop.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.
+
That pretty much says it all.

Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Thursday, September 08, 2005 12:59 PM
Everything on the car is stock. I was able to come up on an almost new engine and just had it replaced.

Hey how far is it to Houston from Dallas miles wise. I am allowed 100 miles on my AAA card and i cant tow it with another car because the dayum thing has no brakes at all.

Well tell me this much. How many crush washers are needed when you attach the brake line in the front. One side has one on the front and the back of the bolt with the line and the other only has one on the back side. Looked all threw the Chilton Manuel and didnt come up with anything. If I could get the brakes fixed I would be willing to drag it to Houston since I need to pick some things up for my SRT out there anyways.
Thursday, September 08, 2005 1:16 PM
Houstom is about 250-300 miles, straight down 45.

For the brake lines where they attach to the calipers, there is a brass crush washer on each side of the banjo bolt, and only tighten it down to about 20 ft lbs. So you need 4 washers for both front wheels and the back the brake line just screws right in to the back of the wheel cylinder no washers needed.

Mike

+

Thursday, September 08, 2005 1:19 PM
Also you said you were looking for a ram air hood, is this something you may have had in mind??

Thats the hood on my car now, and im not sure i like the way it flows(or lack there of) with the rest of the car. Seen in on a website and fell in love, but once i got it on the car in not so sure any more.

Maybe an evo style hood would flow betterm or invader style. May go with a CF hood.

Mike

+

Thursday, September 08, 2005 2:38 PM
Dude I want that hood!

That is the one my wife wants badly!

Thanks for the info on the brakes. Imma get the crush washers tomorrow and see what I can do. The bleading part is easy. Just had no clue what was up when I saw only 1 on one side.

But I do want the hood for sure. The wife was all over me to get the snorkel model. She doesnt like the single ram air one at all.
Thursday, September 08, 2005 7:19 PM
Uncivilized R.T. wrote:Dude I want that hood!

That is the one my wife wants badly!

Thanks for the info on the brakes. Imma get the crush washers tomorrow and see what I can do. The bleading part is easy. Just had no clue what was up when I saw only 1 on one side.

But I do want the hood for sure. The wife was all over me to get the snorkel model. She doesnt like the single ram air one at all.

Well thats cool, i think we can work something out, i paid 380 for the hood, then 140 bucks for shipping, and then prep and paint work cost me 230 bucks, because it had gotten a minor crackj during shipping the body shop had to fix. Overall fit and finish is pretty good for an aftermarket fiberglass hood.

So i have 750 bucks invested in it, and if you truly want it, make me an offer i can refuse and ill sell it, becasue im not happy with the way it looks, and want to change it. Also if you were to put this on your cavy, i would need you stock hood to put back on my car.

LKM what you think.

And the offer to fix your cavy still stands if you want to bring it to houston.

Mike

+

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search