turbo or supercharger Need response - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo or supercharger Need response
Sunday, September 11, 2005 7:55 AM
I am thinking about selling my turbo off my car. and getting a supercharger. I just wanted to see what people thought. I know that I have a sweet setup. But I know that a supercharger is healthier for an engine. and I am getting away from racing and going to focus more on show car. What do yall think?

Re: turbo or supercharger Need response
Sunday, September 11, 2005 8:07 AM
im all for show cars. if its healthier then get it. i dont know alot about the 2 choices. i assume show since it saves gas and can keep you out of trouble.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 9:13 AM
you already know my answer and my logic. also i haven't told anyone this but to me acceleration is the best thing in a car, top end is cool and all but the faster you get to 3rd and 4th and 5th ect. is awesome and in the city accleration is all you really need. but yea i know people say that our cars already have a lot of acceleration, but i could always use more.........but thats just me.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 10:43 AM
i have to say supercharge, because i dont like waiting for my power to kick in.

-----

Sunday, September 11, 2005 11:22 AM
Vash1275 wrote:i have to say supercharge, because i dont like waiting for my power to kick in.

Proper size turbo = no lag what so ever.

How do you figure a turbo is any harder on a motor then a s/c? I'd think if anything it easier on a motor due to the fact it uses exhaust gases unlike a s/c being built driven which causes the motor to have to do more work. (where as the turbo is free HP)

If you already have a turbo on the car a s/c is just a downgrade IMO no matter how you look at it.

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:05 PM
I have heard of people going from S/C to turbo, but not turbo to S/C .

Are you on crack?

I would also think that a supercharger would put more stress on the motor since the crank is having to do alot of the work. Between the two, I would also think that the supercharger would be worse on gas milage in some cases.
You are running a T3 Super60 turbo, right? I wouldnt think that you would have alot of problems with lag.

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:05 PM
I was kidding about the "crack" comment.

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:46 PM
Yes agree that the s/c wouldn't make any less stress on the engine if not more. Turbos are nice cuz they much more efficent. Like labora said , u can get Very responsive power with the right turbo.

Check Out My Domain Page!!!
Sunday, September 11, 2005 4:50 PM
well a s/c keeps down the heat on the motor and because you add a extra pull onto the crank doesn't nessary say that your going to build up more stress on the motor. I have upgrade to an aluminum flywheel so it would be close to what a stock car's stress would be. But I think I will keep the turbo because I have put so much work and sweat into it. I have also just upgraded to a t3/t4e 50 trim and had it blinged out. I just had a lot of problems with the process of the upgrade and almost made me send the car down a hill on fire. But I have calmed down now and am willing to give her a second chance.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search