Oct 22-23rd MOD DAY Houston Less than a week - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oct 22-23rd MOD DAY Houston Less than a week
Sunday, October 16, 2005 8:58 AM
Ok everyone. Just wanted to start fresh sence we are down to less than a week away.

Come one come all. Come to my house and watch me sit on my butt.
THe meets at my house have always been a big success. New friends are made. People learn thing about there cars and how to work on them.
SOmeone catches on fire, someone pukes, someone passes out. Its all good.

DIRECTIONS

-ESB- wrote:Coming from the west side you have two choices.

I-10 to beltway8 and loop around just past highway 59. Smooth sailing but you will pay about $3 in tolls

I-10 to 610 loop to 59north and back onto beltway8 heading east. NO tolls but 610 can get nasty in some spots.

I honestly think beltway is the better idea.

FOr those coming from up north down 45. You will simplly come down 45 untill you hit beltway 8 and head east. No tolls. ANd you will drive past 59 a couple miles and look for WILSON road. which is real close to my hose and you can see it all on mapquest.

THe map may direct you onto 1960 instead of Beltway. Its shorter distance but its redlight heaven all the way. If you go 45 to beltway you will not hit a redlight untill you pass 59 real close to my house. I think there are 5 lights total.

Hotel stuff

-ESB- wrote:Ive drivin past a bunch in the past weeks and dont see many cars. I think yall are ok.

So what are the exact plans? Yall coming in late friday and getting a room friday night also? Or just coming straight to my house early sat morning?
I think yalls best bet would be staying in Humble. Its the area that 1960 and highway 59 meet. You can spot that easy on the map. THat will put yall real close to your hotel when we go out sat night.

I'll be up messing around outside early sat morning. like 8am. So whenever is cool with me.

Sat night plans

Is everyone cool with going out to my local pool hall sat night. (18+ so its good for the youngins also) We can go eat some place first or whatever. Reason being is that There seems to be no car shows going down this coming sat. But there is the Hooters show in Humble sunday but thats from 1-5 of course and not sure if yall want to hang around. ANd if there are any hard core clubbers. I can direct yall on how to get to the club strips in Houston.

Oh and I'm all for keeping it going sunday at my place if need the time for extra modding that cant get done sat.

FOOD

I will be picking up food and drink on friday. We should be set to go for sat. We usualy wait to pool up money on the mod day itself and then send people out. But I think it makes more sence for me to go get the stuff friday. Feel free to make donations
If you have some recipe you like then bring it on. I love food. ANd I will provide some soft drinks but it is BYOB

I am all that is man

Re: Oct 22-23rd MOD DAY Houston Less than a week
Sunday, October 16, 2005 9:06 AM
the countdown begins......

most of the Tx j's should be heading there fri evening. depeding on $$ i may have to come out early sat, but hoping i can roll fri evening. there should be about 6 j's from the DFW area rolling there. hope to see alot there and talk to a couple people about spreading out the Texas J's club. i hope this week goes by fast and most can stay and show on sunday. dont forget some water too!

Sunday, October 16, 2005 9:11 AM
Water : noted

Its cool out today. About to do some work on my truck and car maybe today. I hope it stays cool for the meet. But if not Ive got some pretty big shops fans.

Oh and this is my cell number for anyone who needs it.
281-330-5829

I am all that is man

Monday, October 17, 2005 4:39 AM
5 days and counting....

Monday, October 17, 2005 5:08 AM
ARE WE THERE YET. ARE WE THERE YET.

Monday, October 17, 2005 6:43 AM
man this is going to be fun

Monday, October 17, 2005 3:08 PM
im going to be picking up some krylon stained glass paint to "jdm" some lenses...if ya'll are intereted in using some, just let me know so I can bring it with me....

Monday, October 17, 2005 3:25 PM
i'm up for some sinful underage drinkin JK.

we'll see in about 24 hrs if i'm goin..

Doin it Texas Style...
Monday, October 17, 2005 3:47 PM
freddie-im thinking of JDM'n my front turn signals to be different, so if you could bring it.

Monday, October 17, 2005 3:54 PM
Hey guys im still not sure if im goin or not really want too but still not sure and i guess if i do go im goin to have to be real sneaky if yall do go to the pool hall...do they ID because im 17
Monday, October 17, 2005 4:05 PM
Hmmmm Well Im actualy taking one of the pool hall waitresses out for dinner tonight. SO I will talk to her about that Gordon.

We may not end up going to pool hall till late. Will and I were talking today about hanging out at the starbucks near me so we could get some group shots and such. THat may end up running late and I figure your going home sat night anyway Gordon. Unless you want a peice of my living room floor.

I am all that is man

Monday, October 17, 2005 5:13 PM
Someone give me some gas money and I'll go lol.

I keep putting these meets off, and putting them off... bleh.

I'll join you guys in 2008 lol.

Monday, October 17, 2005 7:28 PM
welp, you can officially count me out on this one. it's been about 4 years since i got to hang with any houston j-folks, so this rather sucks.
my current excuse/reason doesn't seem to fly real well with car folks, so i'll just not mention it.
I'll watch for future Houston dates, as I need a good excuse to visit with family in that area.

Have you seen the turbo wagon?

13.90 @ 105.46mph
street tires
rough tune
Monday, October 17, 2005 8:02 PM
aight ladies, its official...SAJBO will be repasentin..

ECOclean - Ben
OzzieTSS - Jaziel/Ozzie
Rapfiend03 -Bo

Doin it Texas Style...
Monday, October 17, 2005 8:31 PM
yeah I have people going with me. So without jux going am I the only turbocharged j going?

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:26 AM
sure u r

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:50 AM
all three active admins of SAJBO are going. prepare yourselfs cuz we are.....

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 11:21 AM
I am planning on being there. When I tried to start j-body meets 6 years ago...we had 4 people show..ahaha. Just look for my silver 2004 LS with chrome rims.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:41 PM
So unless somethin changes...it will be

Myself
Bo
Ben
Mike

that are goin from SA JBO...hopefully more, but we'll see

Doin it Texas Style...
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:03 PM
By the way people. THis will be the last Meet of any kind at my house. Or um. My dads house actualy. I'll be moving into an apt soon.

I am all that is man

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:16 AM

maybe thats a sign for the south j's to come up north some time in the next couple of years. we, the DFW area j's, have being going there for about 2 years now. wheres the love?

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 6:00 AM
hey all in due time. We will make a meet up there someday it we will dedicate it to you will

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 1:25 PM
Well ill be there, and replacing my clutch, so if you want to get your hands dirty and help out dont be shy.

I have other plans for sat night, its my local car clubs monthky meeting in the Gallaria area, and i hate to miss them. Ill be heading out to that meet around 6pm or so but if there is more modding oin sunday before the hooters car show im down and then its on to the show at Hooters, there is some sweet rides there sometimes.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.
+
That pretty much says it all.

Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:58 PM
cant make it, i dont have the gas money

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 3:00 PM
moleman0283 wrote:cant make it, i dont have the gas money

ur playing right???

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search