Texas point system?? - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Texas point system??
Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:41 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone on here knows how the texas DMV works...i just moved here and i have to get a license...im from NC and the DMV there doesnt search other states when looking at your record....in other words....IF i had a ticket in sayyyy OKLAHOMA would it show up to Texas dmv...????

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Re: Texas point system??
Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:47 PM
Im pretty sure it dosnt show.

Hell I know that tickets in Houston dont show in surounding towns even though they are in same county.

I am all that is man

Monday, October 24, 2005 5:33 AM
Not from a local cop but sometime's D.O.T. Officer's can pull up out of state info.

Monday, October 24, 2005 6:16 AM
well what im most concerned about is getting a job...all the jobs im looking at say i cant have more than 2 moving violations...in NC we use a point system..i have 1 ticket in NC 1 in VA and i THINK 1 in wv ..now..the wv and va tickets would NEVER show on my nc record so my insurance never went up....you think itll show up ona search if i get a texas license??

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Monday, October 24, 2005 1:25 PM
Never say never... Im surely paying the price! and I do mean that literally. Citations that were issued back in 99' came back and haunted me last year. In which i lost my DL for a while and happy to say i been having it. Insurance never caught them, meaning they never raised my insurance. I do know that early last year Texas got a new computer system.

Speaking of jobs... I got a job!!! and its close to my apartment. YAY! Start tomorrow at 7am -- I dont like it -- but hey its a job!

Monday, October 24, 2005 1:39 PM
well good for you. thats the first step to modding

Monday, October 24, 2005 1:45 PM
Now dont quit this one the next day like you did the last one. What type of job is it i hope it doesnt involve speaking to people does it ?????
Monday, October 24, 2005 1:51 PM
so no one here has gotten an out of state ticket??

Monday, October 24, 2005 2:31 PM
NOPE
Monday, October 24, 2005 3:51 PM
Got one in NM and it didnt come up.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 5:26 AM
Most of the time the D.M.V. will only pull up your record from the registerd state on the license, unless it's a capiuos warrant(felony). Which means if you get a Texas license, with the exception of a C.D.L., you should have a clean status on your driving record. What kinda job you aplying for?

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:59 AM
im applying for a cable repair job with time warner...i usedto work for charter...andthey said i cant have more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years....which i kinda found redundant because most states throw out tickets after TWO years....the thing that worried me is i have 1 in NC 1 in VA and 1 in WV so if htey check where im from..NC ..im fine..im just worried about the rest showing up but i dont think theyll see them unless i tell them..do you?

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:21 PM
Now dont quit this one the next day like you did the last one. What type of job is it i hope it doesnt involve speaking to people does it ?????

Actually yes it does Ramon. I have to answer phones and speak to people

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:37 PM
and dress like a girl too!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:39 PM
I got a couple tickets when I lived in arizona... speeding, window tint violation, and an at fault accident.... There weren't any questions regarding if I had any tickets when I had my liscence changed over... hmm, I'll have to go ask. I just miss my grand canyon background on my liscence

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 3:30 PM
yeah I would'nt worry to much about it. I bet you'll be just fine imho. Only CDL'S would have Nation wide driving record report's. So unless you'll be driving a 18 wheeler or something that big in relation you should'nt have to worry. If your required to get a chofer (sp?) license,DOT#'s, and register with the state then it'll only be for Texas.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 5:28 PM
THANKS ALOT GUYS! i feel alot better now

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:47 PM
Yeah it's cool, they didnt' say jack to me

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:57 PM
watch them be reading this as we speak that would really suck now wouldnt it

* me knocks on wood *
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 9:42 PM

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 2:48 AM
No Prob.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:16 AM
Damn yolie thats right down your ally then you love talking to people who knows you might make manager in a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 2:44 PM
WTF? I hate talking to people. Not a people person!

Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:08 AM
eek so much anger damn that rap music

Thursday, October 27, 2005 9:25 AM
well...went and got insurance today..they looked up my tickets :| gay ass state goes 3 years back instead of the 2 im used to so now i gotta pay for 3 tickets on my insurance bill...im thinkin about just changing insurance when i get my texas license and tell them im from here so they wont look anywhere else on the bright side though i actually passed inspection!!!! i have 20% tint on windows and my cat is non-fuctional and it PASSED ...my car rocks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search