help - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help
Friday, November 18, 2005 7:55 AM
my cav feels like it is going to blow up!!

i was leaving work yesterday night, it was kinda cold. the car started fine and ran fine till about half way home, it started to shake and the sound got twice as loud. i took it to my friends house on the way home and she said he cant hear it coming from the oil pan or the heads. its missfiring like a bitch and it sounds like its WW II under my hood. the only thing we could come up with was maybe the water pump has gon bad since it started over heating. it has never gone above 196 before in its life. there is also a loss of power on acceleration. we couldnt see any smoke from the exaust or the motor. the oil is full and the coolant is fine too.

any ideas what this might be? how much is it going to cost?

-----

Re: help
Friday, November 18, 2005 8:35 AM
i have no idea...and an arm and a leg

MOTOR mouNT (sp?)

cracked head

Doin it Texas Style...
Friday, November 18, 2005 11:56 AM
Get any check engine lights?? (if it was misfireing you more then likely would have a CEL)

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Friday, November 18, 2005 2:20 PM
Sounds like it could be a burnd valve. If it sounds like it's misfiring then timing chain.
But my bet is on the valve. you are loosing compression in one of the cylinders, you will get a missfire. do a compression check on the motor and check the timing chain...maybe loose. It's hard to say since I cant hear it. those issues might be it.
Friday, November 18, 2005 10:29 PM
it feels and runs like a 3 banger now.
and sounds like a muscle car with a big cam at low rpm, but at high rpm it sounds like a honda!

i dont know what to do with it since i dont have money to fix anything on it yet.
thanks for the ideas tho.

-----

Saturday, November 19, 2005 12:09 AM
Vash1275 wrote:it feels and runs like a 3 banger now.
and sounds like a muscle car with a big cam at low rpm, but at high rpm it sounds like a honda!

i dont know what to do with it since i dont have money to fix anything on it yet.
thanks for the ideas tho.

I wouldn't drive it unless you know what is wrong with it, specially if it is overheating.

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Saturday, November 19, 2005 3:55 PM
Pull the plugs man and check it out. Also, check the oil, coolent, all the fluids.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 8:35 PM
im not driving it. im using my not so gas friendly car for the time.

-----

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search