V6 Mustangs (dont get me started) - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
V6 Mustangs (dont get me started)
Thursday, December 01, 2005 2:56 PM
Ok now i know that i drive a wussy 4 cylinder, but does it make V6 mustang drivers feel like they need to try an taunt me to race every time they pull up beside me? Others may not have this problem, but out here in west texas you either drive a truck, or mainly one of 3 different cars, which are Honda civics, Honda accords, and V6 mustangs. i mean geez go mess with some Honda's, just because i have a cavi that is somewhat kitted don't be messin with me.

"Drive it like you stole it"

Re: V6 Mustangs (dont get me started)
Thursday, December 01, 2005 3:08 PM
boo hoo?

Doin it Texas Style...
Thursday, December 01, 2005 3:16 PM
u let mustangs mess with you??? ...the day i let a v6 mustang mess with me is the day i sell my car

FACT : Statistics show that you are more likely to to be hit by lightning than to die street racing.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:01 PM
lol, yes i do let them mess with me because i usually have my daughter with me when it happens, and no matter how bad i would like to roast him i am not about to put her life in danger for someone wanting to try to prove there car is faster.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:34 PM
along the same lines........when i have my neons on going down the highway that seems to be a flag that i want to race. i have stangs inports, corvetes, f-bodies wanting to race.duing the backand forward motion then when i dont they gun it. i just laugh. alot of times i just let of the gas or touch the brake to let them go and sometimes they insist, then a slow and get behind them.

i guess a multi-colored, kitted car with neons automaticaly means i wanna race everyone. GEEZ

Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:39 PM
When I used to race I could take auto v6 stangs and F bodies. But not the sticks.

Now I dont care. I ignore those who want to race me. Or I rev my motor up and then just sit there when they take off.

Honestly. I cant even remember the last time someone tried to race me.

I am all that is man

Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:12 PM
it was me eric

and i kicked your @$$

Doin it Texas Style...
Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:25 PM
let me get this straight...first you complain about how guess wanna race you...then you say its pointless cus you dont even wanna race...i hate to say it but MOST people who modify their cars do it to make them faster to race ..hence other drivers see this and want to race you..

FACT : Statistics show that you are more likely to to be hit by lightning than to die street racing.

Friday, December 02, 2005 7:28 AM
Not everyone races on the street though, if we would have been at the track that is a different story, however nearly all people who soup up cars around here are to chicken to go to the track becuase they can't cut a light and dont want to get there azz handed to them by someone that can in a car with 100 less horses.

Friday, December 02, 2005 9:31 AM
Quote:

however nearly all people who soup up cars around here are to chicken to go to the track

ya know..that could also be because most people dont like waiting till the ONE day a week to travel an HOUR to the track so they can PAY to race....not to mention whens the last time ya picked up a cute chick "Cruisin down the quarter mile"

Friday, December 02, 2005 9:58 AM
The track here is within the city limits of a town of 70k or so people, and the race track is open 3 nights a week here, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Friday night is a test and tune night and the others are actually race nights. plus with the class you would enter on regular nights is bracket racing, so it come more down to skill and knowing what your car will do, not all out hp.

Friday, December 02, 2005 12:18 PM
wow..must be nice to live in Abilene..i live in Austin and nothing that close and where i come from the nearest one was 2 hours away..but that still leaves test and tune one night a week and u still gotta pay...so can you understand why people wanna race??..especially when your car "looks" like you wanna race?

Friday, December 02, 2005 2:20 PM
test and tune night is only 5 bucks for a run card and they run from 6:30 pm till 12 pm, make as many passes as you want

Friday, December 02, 2005 3:38 PM
Explain to me what makes a car look like you wanna race.

Does my car look like it wants to to race? I have an intake and 2.25" cat back but only to pep it up a bit for getting on the highway. Not to race everyone I see.

I am all that is man

Friday, December 02, 2005 3:43 PM
I have a "i wanna race" sticker

Friday, December 02, 2005 3:52 PM
the integra lights say it all

Doin it Texas Style...
Friday, December 02, 2005 4:03 PM
Quote:

Explain to me what makes a car look like you wanna race.

when someone pulls up behind someone that has a "cat back" or "altezzas" or a "kit" or just about anything that makes the car look like youve modified it ..cus frankly..whether you like it or not...MOst people modify their car to make it faster..so the first thing that goes thru someones mind when they pull up behind a car that they "think" is slower than them and they see it is modified it seems the first thing they wanna do is make ya look bad....its a fact of life..it happens ..its the way it is..accept it.....your first post proves it

Friday, December 02, 2005 4:39 PM
thats true

Doin it Texas Style...
Friday, December 02, 2005 9:59 PM
same thing happens to me, i roll around in my stang and lots of people come up to me looking to race. most of the time i just break the tires loose and gat a little sideways and then they back off. but if you have a modified car/bike/truck of any type people are going to try to race you.

-----

Saturday, December 03, 2005 8:31 AM
^^ exactly ..exert alittle dominance and theyll back off

Saturday, December 03, 2005 8:41 AM
I was going to say maybe its an age thing. I just dont get people wanting to race anymore. But Scott your only a year younger than I. SO I dont know.

I am all that is man

Saturday, December 03, 2005 11:40 AM
ESB i think maybe to an extent it is an age thing but then again you have people (like me) who really dont like backing down to a challenge or maybe we just have gasoline in our blood (or breath too much exhaust fumes) not to mention i like the look on a guys face when i fly by him in my "cavalier" ..but dont we all.....i think it just comes down to 2 differnt types of people..those who show and those who race...or maybe im wrong..i mean,personally i look at your car and a see a guy that put alotta work into the exterior(and probably interior) of your car..where as you look at mine youll probably get a differnt vibe

Saturday, December 03, 2005 12:13 PM
give it 2 years....hehehe....they might back off a lil from cavaliers. and sunfires lol
ill have somethign to reckon with....my buddy who has the same kit as i do sjut pulled off a 13.8 @ 6 psi.....and shootin for the 15-20 range...lol....we will see.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 2:39 PM
all i care is they guys that have gas in their veins to stop messing up spots were car meets try to happen. its mainly those that do burnouts and doughnuts peeling out leaving the parking lot reving their engines and messing up meets all the damn time.
it doesnt hurt them to take it a few blockes down away from everyone else.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 5:38 PM
^^ now i agree with that...even though i street race i try not to ruin things..cus we all know it only takes ONE person to ruin something for everyone...i keep my burnouts and doughnuts out of harms way

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search