exhaust - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
exhaust
Sunday, February 19, 2006 1:46 PM
Iknow this should probably be in performance but i was wondering if y'all know of any good exhaust places i can go to to get a custom exhaust set up and how much it usually runs

Re: exhaust
Sunday, February 19, 2006 2:45 PM
theres a couple in our area that does good jobs and depending on what u want done that what youll get charge and u can even talk them down some i did

Sunday, February 19, 2006 2:53 PM
I just got mine done yesterday. I got the muffler off of ebay for like 35bucks shipped and I took it to a place on hemphill in fort worth and they ran 2.5 piping from the cat back and put a glass pack on there for 90bucks. So in all I spent about 125 for a cat back with 2 mufflers (I didnt want the God awful sound of rice) and it sounds great and felt like it improved the cars performance some too.
Sunday, February 19, 2006 3:47 PM
^ Welcome to the site and what part of ft worth do you stay near??
Sunday, February 19, 2006 5:17 PM
i got mine for $300 for the install and the two mufflers after cat back.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:06 PM
I am off of McCart in south fort worth, i think that author of this post is from dallas though. I dont know who the question was directed at though so my apologies if it was not aimed at me.
Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:03 PM
Hey man you can say whatever you what when you want......the more input the better

Check out my page.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2207852
Sunday, February 19, 2006 9:00 PM
Yeah i was talking to ya sheldon great to have another CAVY join the boards, sorry to thread jack ya gabe. Fill out your profile so we can actually see what car you do have LOL. Me saying cavy, and its probably a fire, oh well welcome to the home of the
Texas J's .
Monday, February 20, 2006 8:01 AM
I'm probably to far away but there's an exaust shop right around the corner from me here in Burleson. They do custom work and I could probably get you a pretty good deal. I'll give em' a shout if ya wan't.

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:39 AM
yeah i'm getting a hooker aerochamber muffler and a magnaflow tip and a cat i am going to need to know to if they can install my header with that? i want to use 2.5 inch piping

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:06 AM
yeah they do full exaust work. it should'nt be very much at all considering you already have the part's.

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:19 AM
I just used some mexican place :-)
Monday, February 20, 2006 3:10 PM
well i have 260 right now if i can get the exhaust system at least i don't hve the parts yet. i can always go back for the cat and header install. anything over 260 i'll have to wait till next paycheck.

Monday, February 20, 2006 5:17 PM
They did my Cat Back 2.25 to Flowmaster 40 series w/4 inch tip for $236. And that was before they knew who I was. Now might be even cheaper, I bought everything through them. 2 hour's and I was gone. I've had my exaust for two year's and still no problem's. Like I said before if you pick-up the muffler/tip yourself the cost will go down even more, basicly you'll just be paying for new pipe&labor.

Monday, February 20, 2006 5:42 PM
do you know if they carry hooker mufflers don't want to sound rude but i want a different sound then yours don't need to silver cavs with flows lol

Monday, February 20, 2006 5:53 PM
^^^ you should go magnaflow nice deep tone
Monday, February 20, 2006 5:55 PM
i hade a hooker aeroflow muffler on my 4.3 vortec s-10 and people thought it had a v-8 in idle i like the tone and everyone goes with flows and borla...magnaflow ... want something different i'll order it this weekend with a cat and tip and have my headers and all installed next saturday

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:55 AM
I'll see if I could get ahold of them later on today and ask if they carry Hooker Aeroflow.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:46 PM
okay if so i can go this weekend

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:17 PM
hey jd if you can get a price estimate i'll go out their friday night and stick around for the meeting y'all have out their too call though cuase i don't have access to a computer after today. # is 972 408 5395 as long as its under 260 i'm safe i'll go with flows if thats all they have.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:18 PM
that will be with 2.25 inch piping too

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:37 PM
I have a used exhaust (dual) on my car that is up for sale. With DTM mufflers on it. Comes with Pacesetter header as well. Used on car for year and a half. Looking for around 275 for it all.

btw the header fits the 2200 engine.
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:42 AM
sorry all i have is a credit card

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 12:15 PM
well i just got a promotion at my job i have to work until 6pm though on friday so this could be done on Saturday i'm going to go to a muffler shop in garland to see how much but if you could see about that one in burleson i'll head out their on saturday if i need to.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 12:24 AM
is he talking about the muffler place behind the braums in burleson
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search