intake doopties - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
intake doopties
Monday, March 06, 2006 10:17 AM
Quick question about the ghetto box looking doopty that sits on the throttel body of the ecotec engine. Would it help me out if i modified this box to make it less huge or should I just go buy some elbows of pvc pipe or something and hook it all together to my intake?

Re: intake doopties
Monday, March 06, 2006 10:22 AM
i would do it right and either get true cold air or warm air intake or you could buy one from ebay
Monday, March 06, 2006 10:32 AM
i have an ebay intake but it only connects up to a certain point to this ghetto box thing over the throttel body
Monday, March 06, 2006 10:42 AM
there about 3 screws/clips holdin the throttle body cover on there just remove..ones kinda tricky..the others are just there...

but get a true Cold Air or Short Ram like mentioned above

Doin it Texas Style...
Monday, March 06, 2006 1:20 PM
what part of i have an intake already is miss understood, its a short ram and i already took the thing off and the only thing holding it on is a clamp (throttel body), does anyone here know what part im talking about, i am not talking about the box that holds the stupid filter, already replaced most of intake with a short ram but there is one plastic piece left that connects to the throttel body
Monday, March 06, 2006 1:45 PM
uhh...i'll take a pick of mine later on and show you then you can point it out to me

Doin it Texas Style...
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 5:22 AM
sounds good, i would do the same but money is to tight and i dont have a dig camera and work wont allow us to have camera phones so im sol
but let me try and explain there is the stock intake that starts at the throttel body and there is a giat black plastic box there and that is the only piece that is left stock i have polished intake after that, that runs to a filter that sits up agaist the fender
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search