LONE STAR J-BASH !!!!! - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LONE STAR J-BASH !!!!!
Monday, June 18, 2007 5:37 PM
Well its official for those that havnt heard CenteX Jbodies will be hosting a show at the temple dragway on AUG. 18th 2007 its a saturday..theres a 1/4 mile track..lots of parking..and even food venders..there will be drawings,giveaways, and trophys for 1-3 place in certain classes ! talk to your club organizers about details on this show..they should be very well informed. it is 10$ to run the track and 5$ just to get in..this is what the track is charging..anyone wanting to show and be judged will need to PRE-REGISTER with me..i will require a fee of only $7 with this registry which will go toward awards..the pre registry and fee insures that all that DO show up are able to recieve the trophys they were promised..seem fair?
I have also considered give a best delta body award IF enough pre register..
also we will have a very special award for best of show that the winner will only be able to keep for one year..at the next show he will have to win again to keep the award or hand it over to that years winner..
this should be a very fun show and i cant wait to meet all those i have spoken to but never met..this can be one for the books if we all make sure we just show up!!
any feedback is welcome and feel free to ask any questions....any further details will be posted in this thread or passed alone to your regional club organizer..thanks

Re: LONE STAR J-BASH !!!!!
Monday, June 18, 2007 5:54 PM
Everything sounds great man.

HTOWN2200 - GMOFHOUSTON.COM - FACEBOOK - CARDOMAIN
Monday, June 18, 2007 6:49 PM
i checked my schedule and i will defientally be there, i have raced there many times and you really need to get there early. i would say around 5 or so. and make sure you bring enough drinks and food, yeah there is a small food vending hut there but its not always open. and there is some shade, you have to park under the trees if you wwant it though. i am bringing my friends truck and will definetally have a cooler and some chairs also. oh, and i will definetally bring my motorcycle and after i race my cav... the 12second bike will be going down the track next.

" LATER "
Monday, June 18, 2007 7:14 PM
5 is not early enough..track will be open 12noon till dark ..for this day

Monday, June 18, 2007 7:59 PM
in that case i will definetally be bringing my tent and 2 coolers one for drinks and one for food and yeah i will be there at about noon. i only live about 30min. away. Oh and they also sell a high octane fuel there , i think its like 104 or 110? but its perfect for those short runs. and there is a regular gas station about a mile down the road. OH and my tool box just in case anyone brakes stuff.

" LATER "
Monday, June 18, 2007 8:07 PM
yes..bringing tools is a VERY good idea..im sure SOMEONE will break something

Monday, June 18, 2007 8:16 PM
I was thinking about bringing a tent as well. We are gonna need some kind of shade if its a bright day.

HTOWN2200 - GMOFHOUSTON.COM - FACEBOOK - CARDOMAIN
Monday, June 18, 2007 8:19 PM
im there for sure if ben an them go so i can follow

Monday, June 18, 2007 8:20 PM
well there is some trees and you can see the track from there but i'm bringing one just cuz. and i should have everytool i own and some tow rope or chain cuz some of these guys are traveling along way and i want to be prepaired for anything.

" LATER "
Monday, June 18, 2007 8:57 PM
Also for those that do live a ways away and dont have a spare i would suggest taking a full size stocker just in case i will post more in a bit

Monday, June 18, 2007 9:01 PM
i have 4 extra steelies and 1 extra spare tire from a parts car that i have. i will bring most of that.

" LATER "

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 6:34 PM
well I will be there and I have already talked to my guys. I would like to open this to all GM small cars. I know that we have mentioned that. but it could make the event bigger.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 7:32 PM
a prayer

please, oh lord of all things automotive...
please let my car be a) legal, b) tuned, c) cooperative by mid august.
to sweeten the deal, i offer in trade Yolie's first born child.

i hope to make it to this event. big thanks to everyone who had a hand in the organization of this meet!

Have you seen the turbo wagon?

13.90 @ 105.46mph
street tires
rough tune
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:11 PM
jux wrote: i offer in trade Yolie's first born child

dont you know the law of the jungle she ate her first born lol

Ben invite the other gm small cars but they will only be allowed to race not enter the show. Car show is only allowed at this moment for the J-bodies and D-bodies ( if they can get at least 9 ) centex is the one mainly in charge of this so i will let scott do all deciding on this event

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:35 PM
well i mean anybody is welcome but thats to race. the show itself IS called the lone star J-bash. with the exception of d bodies too.

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 8:16 AM
Ecoclean wrote:well I will be there and I have already talked to my guys. I would like to open this to all GM small cars. I know that we have mentioned that. but it could make the event bigger.

thats great but ramon and rick are right they will only be able to race not show cause its a J-bash so even if they show up that's great but no trophys will be awarded
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 12:51 PM
well here it is..the show is aug. 18th at the temple dragway 12noon-dark 10$ to race $5 for general admission..these are the track prices..
in order for us to get you nice awards and trophys i will have to charge a small registration fee..im sure you will all understand..for all those interested in SHOWING their ride at jbash i need a registration sent to me...and i need it before august 1st..this will give me enough time to get the trophys needed made ..show fee is only $10 and is refundable if show is canceled for any reason..such as rain. Fee is NOT refundable is you do not show up..like i said before this fee is for ordering trophys and awards for those that DO show up..with that said heres what you need to do

please send $10 USD via paypal to imrinaestrada@yahoo.com
along with it in the comments please list your full name,city,home address and phone number ..your email address and i will need your ride information such as year,make,model and try to list what class you THINK you should be in street,mild or wild..and we will replace your class at the show if needed, but this will give us a good estimate how many will be showing for each class..oh and dont forget your CLUB name..i need that too

for those that dont have paypal send check or MO to :
scott trent
107 orgain st.
hutto tx 78634

and please include all information as listed above

as long as everyone pre-registers and shows up to represent their city then we should have a GREAT time and have plenty of awards to give out!!
any further questions please feel free to ask .

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:19 PM
I don't own a J anymore but I would still like to show up and see all the rides.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 7:20 PM
so i send 10 bucks to you scott and then pay 15 bucks at the track. and is it 15 a car load or 15 dollars each for everyone in my car ?
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 8:09 PM
its 5 per person to get in general admission...the driver will pay 10 IF he wants to race
so..if your coming to race youll pay 10 at the gate and 5 more for every person with you.......then the 10 goes to me to help pay for awards.....that help?

Friday, June 22, 2007 11:19 AM
just curious, ive been following this coming together and all is looking well. my question, i dont know if i missed it but is it open to the public still or is it a track day just for us? if its still for the public are we going to have our own area for us to RULE or are other people not there for the event going to be rolling thru our area? i think it wlould be cool if there was an area just for the j's and one for the d's. any others would park in an another area.

Friday, June 22, 2007 12:37 PM
i agree. i think that would be koo to have a j area and a d body area (if there are enough of them)

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Friday, June 22, 2007 3:48 PM
a very good question.. i believe seperating the bodies is ok..the track is ofcourse open that day i dont think they will turn aways buisness but it will not be advertised as a "public day" ill talk with him before hand though once i finally find out how many are going and ask to reserve a parking area..ill get there early to make sure its coned off and direct parking for the first few hours..hows that sound?

Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:04 PM
Sorry about this, but I'm kinda confused. I just want to make sure about this first. So are you saying that only J-bodys and the d's are going to show up? Like Yellow Rimed One asked are there going to be another area for other cars there?
Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Others are invited to race but for the car show only it will be the J's and D's, the track will not be open to anyone else but if they show up not sure. This day is reserved for only us and no one else.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search