Wagonstein update - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wagonstein update
Sunday, April 06, 2008 1:09 PM
just so you cats know, the turbo wagon, the car that started out as a joke over dinner, drained me of some blood, a few tears, who knows how many hours of time and i don't wanna know how much $$, went to her new home this afternoon. looks like she'll actually get the time, attention and know-how i have been unable to give in the past year or so.

i look forward to seeing the crushed/surprised looks of other owners at the drag strips around the area sometime soonish.

so yes, after about four years, i'm finally back down to a single car. wtf do i do now??

Have you seen the turbo wagon?

13.90 @ 105.46mph
street tires
rough tune

Re: Wagonstein update
Sunday, April 06, 2008 1:18 PM
So the Miata is sold now?

Sunday, April 06, 2008 1:29 PM
YOU SUCK i never saw it run hell i met you like twice and one of those times you had the car lol you still suck

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 5:26 PM
Sparky15_00 (Corsica Dude) wrote:So the Miata is sold now?

nope, still have the white miata. sold the red miata in...what, october, i think.
about to start building a (mild) 2nd motor and trans for the miata. need to figure out of any off-the-shelf cams will be of any overall benefit for n/a use. sourcing a header from japan mid-summer. will likely end up using MegaSquirt if a local tuner can be found...

also, should any of you know her, OPSE (OnePhatSE), who lived in Houston a few years back, has just moved to this area from Atlanta. I'll try to drag her & the 8 out to a meet at some point.
Tuesday, April 08, 2008 6:34 PM
i remember the name havent met her well if she was at the houston meet back in the day when eric still had the bagged cavy then i breifly met her lol

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 3:18 PM
she was in houston when poolzombie and redlion were still active in the group...right before poolie got his 4runner. does that help?
it's been a few years...and i could swear that she & eric dated for a li'l bit, but i'm just guessing on that at the moment...
Monday, April 14, 2008 12:12 PM
Ohhh noes... not the turbo wagon!

Monday, April 14, 2008 6:18 PM
Have no fear, Wagonstein is at a good home. This is my 4th 2nd gen I've owned, and my 3rd turbocharged car. I'm also a diesel mechanic during the day. I've also competed in numerous autocross events, several driver eduation events, an untold number of passes down the drag strip, and I've even done a drift event in a front wheel drive car! I've passed Dodge Vipers on a road course with my old SRT-4, I've passed 300ZX twin turbos and BMWs and even a couple of Porches on a road course with a Hyundai Accent!!

I've got a tatoo on my left shoulder that reads "Drive it like you stole it".

Wagonstein will get tweeked, tuned, and finally raced! Being that I'm married with 2 kids this will take some time so have some patience with me. I've already given her a nice bath and today she had her first "race" with me behind the wheel.

Surprised Subie WRX owner 0
Wagonstein 1

91 Cav "GT"<-- R.I.P.
91 Cavalier Wagonstein - Turbocharged wagon goodness
You can take my rifle when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Monday, April 14, 2008 7:20 PM

i bet he had the biggest look on his face as he saw you pull away would have been better if it were still dirty hahah

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 5:34 PM
even when the car is clean she still looks a little...dirty...if ya' know what i mean.

did you have the muffler on at the time, david?? heheheheh

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:08 PM
Yeah, the muffler was on at the time. I drove home today with it off. Surprisingly, because of the turbo, even with the muffler off the car gets quieter when under boost because of the turbine breaking up the sound waves!! However, once I let off the gas it gets LOUD in a hurry!!!!

91 Cav "GT"<-- R.I.P.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:11 PM
What do you do next? Get that miata kickin thats what!

And cool that another oldskool jbod owner got it.

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Thursday, April 17, 2008 6:27 PM
jake brake fo sho!! make those truck drivers jealous, baby!!

trying' to decide if i wanna keep the miata n/a or add a turbo or blower. choices choices!!

Saturday, April 19, 2008 7:32 AM
<chanting>

TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO

<Jedi mind trick>

Flyin Miata is your friend!

91 Cav "GT"<-- R.I.P.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search