JUST KICKING AROUND THE IDEA. - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
JUST KICKING AROUND THE IDEA.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008 1:48 PM
I was wondering who from texas would go to the Ohio GM tuner Bash. It is July 25-27. Hotel is like 80 bucks but we can put maybe four to a room or more. Gas would be the big expense.

I just feel that I would love to make this show a least one time in my life time. Seems to be about a days worth of driving.

Who is up for it? We could really suprise those guys. I am not asking everybody to take there car. we can carpool together and save ourselves the gas expense.

1. Ben and Eri ------Bumble Bee

Re: JUST KICKING AROUND THE IDEA.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008 3:13 PM
Definately worth it, glad to see this post.

Suck it up Texans and join us in Ohio!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 4:12 PM
im still thinking about it i got my fingers crossed that is lol

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:08 PM
yea im def considering going up there. its still in the air though. we will see what happens once it gets closer to july.

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:09 PM
wasnt that the point of having a lone star gm bash? so texans could eventually have the same size show without having to drive 30 hours??

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:19 PM
yes but come on scott me personally and aswell as ben would like to drive up that way at least once before we kick the bucket. To meet some of the great ones ( teske, joe schulte, phewes,proffesoer j, skillz, skunk, joey baggs ) to name just a few. Tell me you wouldnt want to meet pj Flyinn squirrel and see his car in action ?

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:19 PM
theres a difference biatch. we have our own but whats the reason we cant GO to theirs? different cars, different styles of modding,different folks.

we love the lonestar bash fool. its just something extra to do because its been around so long. i would atleast like to go 1 time. whether its this year or years to come.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:24 PM
plus we get to see that vast differance between the texas gurls and the girls up north. Thats always a plus

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:41 PM
yessir!. maybe i can nab me a few and smuggle them back home .

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:45 PM
hey we car MEXICANS we can pile a good 5-6 if more in the back seat then you got the front seat

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:51 PM
ha. . i kno this from experience. a couple years back i fit 6 people in my car to go to six flags. 2 in the front and 4 in the back

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 7:09 PM
Quote:

yes but come on scott me personally and aswell as ben would like to drive up that way at least once before we kick the bucketTell me you wouldnt want to meet pj Flyinn squirrel and see his car in action ?

sorry..i forgot that texans dont like to leave the comfort of their own state...as for me i JUST MOVED from that region ,and broke down twice along the way,not really in a hurry to make that trip TWO MORE TIMES in one weekend...and the only one i want to see in action is my mentor - Cavfan1..

Quote:

plus we get to see that vast differance between the texas gurls and the girls up north.

man you guys are in for it hahahahahaha ....

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 7:44 PM
hmmm i feel i distubance in the force

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 10:27 PM
i would love to go but i cant leave the state

Thursday, May 15, 2008 2:02 AM
1. Ben and Eri ------Bumble Bee
2. Deron and Teresa -----BlueDeuce

I'll be leaving from SA....going to Kansas, then to Indy....then to the Bash.

Leaving on 19 Jul for my 2 week vacation!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Thursday, May 15, 2008 5:18 AM
well it's a 19 hour drive from my house and that route takes me through Austin and Dallas. which totals a distance of 1250 miles.

so it's about 2 hours to austin so yalls would be 17 hour drive

and 6 hours to Dallas so yall would have a 13 hour drive

now that is just regular driving.

If we don't do it this year. I will be doing it the next.

so I want all of yall to start putting a dollar a day into a jar. then come next year you will have the money saved up for the trip.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 8:02 AM
next year would be better for me. i should be done with my little project

Thursday, May 15, 2008 1:15 PM
Im with this guy. I got too much going on too make it during the summer. Next year tho... Texas Road Trip!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:09 PM
The big Bash is a good event to attend. I got to go for '01 (Lordstown) and '03 (St. Louis, for whatever reason). The one in Ohio was by far the better of the two. Much larger and more diverse crowd, as tons of Canadians made it out (including Lenko, of course, with his damn cow-pattern hat & constant car-humping). The three DFW-area folks who made the trip in our group in '01 split it into two days of driving each way. I'm no stranger to 12-hour drives, but damn, that first day kicked my ass. Didn't help that I was having back issues at the time, but anyway...
Oh, and few things are as entertaining as a couple hundred j-cars all lined up on the highway at the same time! The drive from the host hotel(-s) to the assembly plant at Lordstown was nothing short of amazing simply for the fact that there were so damn many cars in line. The exit ramp was a damn joke...seriously!!

Tidbits of advice:
take hand-held radios to communicate on the road
do NOT use Mapquest (it kinda sucks more than a little bit and added about three hours to the drive time with bad directions)
take care of any mechanical or electrical issues beforehand. one person who met us in the ATL area had no end of car issues on the road north.
watch for brake-checks and drivers who WILL cut you off on the highway
take spare fluids (for the car and for you). trust me on this!

That is all...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search