the end has come guys - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
the end has come guys
Saturday, July 19, 2008 10:31 AM
well as of yesterday my car is junk. my motor puked on me. on the highway it starting having no power what so ever. so i get off and start reving the engine and it will only peak at 3400rpm after that it would sound like it is bogging. and i could not go faster than 50. so i let the motor cool down. take the plugs out and i noticed that 1 of the sparkplugs where broken. the white part had cracked. and it was all over the spark plug holes. so i was pulling thespark plug out and i saw a huge white piece sitting by the hole. so i did not want it to fall in there so i got a piece of gum to make it stick to it lol. well that plan did not work. it fell in the cylinder area lol. sure i was pissed but @!#$ it. so i tried airing it out but nothing would work. i poured alittle gas in there to get it lubracated. turned the motor over everything sounded fine. (with the plugs out) i put everything back together and turn the key and what do we have a bunch of ticking and banging and wont start.

ill mess with it some other day im pissed. looking for a new ride now lol.

Re: the end has come guys
Saturday, July 19, 2008 10:37 AM
why would you turn the motor on when you know there is a peice of plug inside the chamber, nevermind man that sucks hope it works out .

Saturday, July 19, 2008 11:01 AM
well i know that did not have time and patience to pull the entire head off. the size was about the size of a pea. which is big enough to do some damage

Saturday, July 19, 2008 11:49 AM
Really sucks to hear man

Sunday, July 20, 2008 9:19 AM
so why junk the car over an engine??? sounds like a good time for a build and engine swap to me

Sunday, July 20, 2008 9:33 AM
well yes that is the plan now. i have another motor in my closet waiting to be put together in my living room lol

Sunday, July 20, 2008 11:50 AM
alright guys i have been working on the car now. just alittle progress. ok the ticking and pinging went away i guys the sparkplug piece finnaly left lol. ok here are the problems now. i can start the car and it idles fine. ok when i give it gas slowly it will run fine. all the way up to 3500rpm sounds good. but when i reach 3800 it boggs and drops down about 300 rpm and starts to go back up and boggs at 3800 and repeats it self drops goes back up. thats at half throttle if i give it full throttle and boggs all the way down to 500 and almost dies if i dont tap the gas. what the hell lol. i replaced the coil packs, replaced the injectors, fuel rail. and spark plugs. what can be the problem. im thinking its starving for gas or getting to much. what do you guys think thanks

Sunday, July 20, 2008 1:00 PM

hell yes i fixed it. i was sitting on the couch and it popped in my head why dont i just pull the exhaust off and see what happens. what do you know it revs all the way to 6k+. all i have to deal with is the loud ass noise untill i put a new one on monday

Sunday, July 20, 2008 2:00 PM
congrats man. I was going to suggest you replace your TPS sensor. It kinda sounded like that might have been the problem.

HTOWN2200 - GMOFHOUSTON.COM - FACEBOOK - CARDOMAIN
Sunday, July 20, 2008 11:00 PM
Glad you got it running. Now if only I could get my transmssion bugs sorted out.
Monday, July 21, 2008 10:32 AM
good job man. glad u got it runnin

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!

Monday, July 21, 2008 11:07 AM
hey thanks guys by the way rick your car is pure sex. that rear sub deck is flawless man great job

Monday, July 21, 2008 3:15 PM
thank you sir. i appreciate it. i put alot of hours into my car and have a hand in every single project. this was the biggest fiberglass project ive had to date. but wont be my last . thanks again man.

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search