hurricane IKE - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hurricane IKE
Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:06 AM
if anybody from the coast needs a place to stay this weekend to weather out the storm I have 2 beds ready to go. Please let me know by pm ing me your cell.

Re: hurricane IKE
Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:09 AM
I'll make the same offer...Im about 10 miles from where Ben lives so not far at all...I got a couple extra beds as well. PM your cell and I can give directions to the house.

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:07 PM
ben you beat me to it...... any that want to come futher up, come on. today its expected to still be a cat 2(100MPH winds) hurricane around the austin san antonio once it comes ashore.

same offer as before but this one will effect mostly texans.

most of us know about Hurricane Ike, but i was wondering about my fellow texans heading up from the coast. Houston, Austin, and San Antonio. i have meet and know a few of yall from over the years and the bash up to those who have come to DFW for parts and needed a place to chill for a bit.

with that, me and the wife have a one bedroom apt i have room for a few of those that need a place to stay till the worst is past. i have a couch and a floor to sleep on.

dont wait to long and have a mess of traffic trying to get out and running out of gas like last time. most of Texans are heading out as well at this time so h/motels will start to fill up quickly as more areas evacuate along the coast.

if in Houston - contact Mark to get with me.
if in Austin - contact Scott to get with me.
if in San Antonio - contact Ben to get with me.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 2:10 PM
all of you from texas i wish you good luck and hope you all stay safe. I know the j-body scene is hot there partly because i have a lot of friends there but please evacuate. Thankfully in virginia we rarely have these type hurricanes. but from all of us in the mid east stay safe and be careful.
Thursday, September 11, 2008 3:38 PM
thanks alot man. that means alot comin from sombody so far and whom weve never met. most of the houston guys have evacuated to austin area hotels. hopefully everybody will be ok . thanks again bro.

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:32 PM
Relaxed&Chilledout wrote:all of you from texas i wish you good luck and hope you all stay safe. I know the j-body scene is hot there partly because i have a lot of friends there but please evacuate. Thankfully in virginia we rarely have these type hurricanes. but from all of us in the mid east stay safe and be careful.

Hell yeah man thats straight j-body love right there from a homie far away thanks alot bro.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:06 PM
hey honetly guys if i ever get the chance to move the texas IM MOVING TO HOUSTON!
Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:19 PM
Houston too humid for me Hell, where I'm at is too humid for me.

But seriously, hope you guys are safe down there.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 6:55 PM
Just checking in. Is everyone alright?

My Cardomain Page
Sunday, September 14, 2008 11:37 AM
Alive, no power, no water

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, September 14, 2008 11:52 AM
this is amazing. hope all is well,

Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:57 PM
Well my house survived we got lucky my neighbors tree fell onto there house nearly missing ours but took out our fence. We have no more fences except for one I replaced back when Rita hit. My area has been extremely lucky, we had water althrough the storm, and we got back power 4 hours after the storm passed over us on Saturday. I volunteered with SLFD to help clean up trees all day.

Unfortunnatly my car wasn't so lucky I had to leave it in the drive way because my family has a ton of cars and we have 2 houses
So one house had the monte carlo and cutlass in it and then the grand am and all the boxes waiting for our move sometime in the next couple months. A tree branch scraped the sh@! out of my driver side fender but its all good it needs a repaint bad anyways.
Monday, September 15, 2008 5:43 AM
it's good to here yall are ok. Still waiting to hear from a few others. Mark? Derrick? Freddie?

Monday, September 15, 2008 11:22 AM
yea ..good to hear some of you guys are ok. mark and some others were in austin this weekend but we couldnt get him to come out to meet us. hope all is good. i saw pics of downtown houston . anybody in the DFW get any bad weather? i know it barely skimmed by us. we didnt get a drop.

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Monday, September 15, 2008 11:40 AM
We got about an inch or rain and a little wind. Looks like the coast got majority of it.

My Cardomain Page
Monday, September 15, 2008 12:11 PM
MArk went to austin before it hit.. he hasnt said anything since.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:45 AM
good you guys are alright. hopefully yall can get everything working alright and in order soon. hopefully VA wont recieve nothing bad like this but every once in a while we do.

hey i know its bad timing to ask this but does anyone from here go to freakshow?
Sunday, September 21, 2008 6:20 PM
sorry for the late response here, first time signing onto the .org in a few weeks. I'm safe and so are all of my guys. We had a meet last night just to catch up and hang out. 9 showed up out of about 20 members. But mostly everyone has called or texted and touched base with each other. i'm staying with my parents right now til I get to go home. so if any of the SW houston area folks wanna hang out text me. im near beltway8 and 59south

HTOWN2200 - GMOFHOUSTON.COM - FACEBOOK - CARDOMAIN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search