1999 chevy cavalier for sale - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1999 chevy cavalier for sale
Thursday, October 02, 2008 4:40 PM
hey guys i hate to do this but my car is up for sale i really hate to see her go and i really dont want to sell it but it idk what to do with this car anymore well anyways on with the car it is a 99 cavy red coupe with a 2200 5 speed short throw shifter, center force stage one clutch set with a resurfaced flywheel (only about 5,000 miles on it), 8.5mm wires, aem cold air intake, ss ram air hood ,new transmission new slave cylinder, new master cylinder, high flow cat, glasspack, and tip, 02 ls sport spolier, painted mirriors, 16 ls sports rims new tires, b&g lowering spring 1.6 all the way around thats all i can think about right now im asking 2,000 obo

the reason i am selling the car is the tranmission is still having issues idk what it is to me it feals as if the clutch wont disengage for some reason the car still will go into gear and still move but it seems like it still wont fully realese so i just dont know what to do anymore i have dumped so much money in the trans alone that i dont want to spend anymore money on it its becoming to be like a car payment lol so if anyone is looking for a good project or a good beater for dailey driver let me know i have a bunch of pics on my myspace www.myspace.com/peterson254 also if you would like a more up to date pics of the car email me at Mr.cavy254@yahoo.com or call me at (210) 379-4066 just ask for me Justin

thank you guys and just let me know if your interested

Re: 1999 chevy cavalier for sale
Sunday, October 05, 2008 9:59 AM
ok just got back from my tech he said it is just the clutch from what he can tell just thought i would give you guys an update on it and yeah its still for sell

Sunday, October 05, 2008 6:04 PM
so put a clutch in it. lol

Sunday, October 05, 2008 7:31 PM
yeah but i just put one in it only 6 months ago a centerforce stage one set i just dont understand how it could @!#$ up in that short amount of time when i had a stock replacement installed in it, it had lasted me almost 2 years and now i get a better after market clutch and it @!#$ up? i think that it is something more to it anybody have any issues with a "clutch" going out this soon?

Monday, October 06, 2008 6:17 AM
did you get the flywheel resurfaced or get a new one?

Monday, October 06, 2008 7:52 AM
GOT IT RESURFACED

Monday, October 06, 2008 6:31 PM
proper break-in procedure?
clutch drops/burnouts?

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 5:52 AM
I don't think it's anymore then needing a new clutch disc and getting the clutch resurfaced. I would be willing to help ya if your interested

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 5:54 AM
yeah i broke it in the proper way acording to center force (break in time was 2,000 miles) i did no brunouts no clutch drops no racing at all until it was broke in the proper way. i didnt even start riding it hard until like 3,000 cause i wanted to be on the safe side. and i talked to one of the master techs here at my job and he says he thinks that it is the prussure plate the tech that i talk to said the pressure relase sucked espically for being a aftermarket performace clutch set when i had him look at it last...... but the guy who i had install the clutch, trans, slave cylinder, and master cylinder says its the clutch so i dont know.... i tend to belive my tech here at work what do you guys think

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 6:03 AM
thanks for the offer ben but i live in waco i would hate to take the chance of driving my car all the way to s.a and get stuck on I-35 but thank you very much for the offer i think that i am just going to let my tech here at work take a look at it my employee price isnt that bad so i think we will just start from there then go foward with what i am going to do

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 3:20 PM
One thing I've discovered with our J's is that when it comes to clutchs they are picky. I'm running an Exedy in mine just fine but its stock replacement design and there alot of guys ruinning high horsepower on stock replacements and when they upgrade to say stage 3+ they run into problems. Its really hit or miss but just a little info for you to think about.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 4:33 PM
thank you josh thats what the guys at work were telling me that it is somethimes the best thing to run stock instead of aftermarket @!#$ so i am thinking of doing just that but i need to save up the money first lol its going to take a while

Saturday, October 11, 2008 7:45 AM
well my baby left me i droped her off yesterday and picked up a 04 ls sport with 58k on it for 5,250 after my trade in (they gave me 2,500) can you belive that lol well on to a better motor better body so things are looking up i cant wait to start the modding and i will post up pics asap

Saturday, October 11, 2008 11:17 AM
Congrats on the new ride homie now you can buy everything i got for the cavy thats left

Saturday, October 11, 2008 10:01 PM
thanks ramon i hated handing over my keys to the dealer but i had to the trans was @!#$ again the head has been needing to be replaced for a while now and i noticed that when the guy driving off the lot driving my car for the trade in value the exaust was smoking like a mother @!#$ soo i think that it was just time to move on so i did im very happy with the new car and its your faviort ramon it a auto lol and what all do you have left homie

Saturday, October 11, 2008 10:39 PM
got a polished eco valve cover, yota trunk liner, guage pod with two guages, sides and rear that you know about, other small stuff in the garage and in my room lol

Saturday, October 11, 2008 10:42 PM
lol well i am very interested in the valve cover how much for it? and is the gauge pod just a pod or is it the piller and what kind of gauges?

Sunday, October 12, 2008 10:06 AM
its the pillar with three guages only got two though and they are the tinted 7 color trans temp and voltage if i can remember for the 03-05 cavy and i would do 125.00

50.00 vavle cover
35.00 pillar pod
40.00 guages

Sunday, October 12, 2008 6:42 PM
pm'd you ramon

Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:25 PM
i tried to go to the myspace page and it said the profile was private.. so i dont know is the car still for sale?
Thursday, October 16, 2008 4:31 PM
It probably is where ever Mr.Cavy traded it in at. He got a newer J if you hadn't read.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:42 PM
yeah the title of the car was handed to sautrn of waco last friday

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search