Alaska to DFW - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Alaska to DFW
Friday, January 02, 2009 11:05 PM
for starters, i have had my 4 dr 03 J since i got it of the floor at 14. now 19. i lived in alaska for my whole life until now. me and my gf decided to get out of the cold and move down to tx and go to school. i shipped my car to seattle and then drove to san fransisco. then a day later continued to drive down to dallas fort worth. were i just got in. 2800 miles later im here. in alaska there was no get to gethers or anyone that really cared about there J. a few but not many. i would like to get to see all the sick cavi's and see what i need to get for mine. meet some good people and so on. if anyone wants to gtg im open anyday anytime. just let me know. - Patrick J.

Re: Alaska to DFW
Friday, January 02, 2009 11:55 PM
Aw, you just missed a good big gtg tonight. The local people are trying to reorganize a new club here in the dfw, so expect to here about some more meets soon. Im only here till the middle of jan cuz I go to school in another city, but i want to get in the most time with other cavs while im here. =D

Oh, and welcome!

Saturday, January 03, 2009 12:44 AM
MrR0b0t0 wrote:Aw, you just missed a good big gtg tonight. The local people are trying to reorganize a new club here in the dfw, so expect to here about some more meets soon. Im only here till the middle of jan cuz I go to school in another city, but i want to get in the most time with other cavs while im here. =D

Oh, and welcome!
I was thinking the same thing....LOL. To the OP,Wish you would have posted this a day earlier.It was a blast,I met new people,and had a great time.Seeing as I didn't get to do anything on my birthday,christmas and new years.I think I deserved a good night out.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Saturday, January 03, 2009 7:05 AM
Agreed welcome to the home of the playas and pimps the lone star state is were its at and like others said keep an eye on the forums about g2gers in the near future

Sunday, January 04, 2009 12:06 AM
thanks guys, ill keep looking on the boards. not even a day here and i already damaged my car. never put it in the ditch or scraped trees or anything untill now. some door dings and scratches from time but today i was trying to find my way around and a jeep past me at a light and his tire rubbed on my fender. luckly it was just a rub not a scrape. oh well.
Sunday, January 04, 2009 12:39 AM
Aw that sucks. Yeah, that could have turned out real bad, your lucky. =D Btw, everyon in Dallas sucks at driving. Just be prepared.

Sunday, January 04, 2009 2:00 AM
Except me.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Sunday, January 04, 2009 2:09 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=10&i=23528&t=23528

you need to come to the bash lol tons of ppl from all over. im driving 10 hours to get there its prob a day and a half for you but the road trip should be worth it.

Sunday, January 04, 2009 5:32 PM
i think i will wait till next year to make a trip like that. i just drove almost 3000 miles i cant take it again for awhile. i want to have my car looking better and faster b4 i go to that kinda thing. i regret making my other car because my cavi could be way better with teh money i spent on this. www.mk1gxr.com
Saturday, January 10, 2009 10:47 AM
hey patrick give me a call 972/768-8277

Monday, February 02, 2009 7:05 PM
Where did you live in Alaska? I lived up there many years, and was just wondering where in the state you were coming from.

Cheers!!

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 12:34 AM
grew up in big lake - 15 miles from wasilla towards fairbanks wasilla is 45 miles from anchorage ... moved to anchorage after high school ... now in fort worth TX
Friday, February 06, 2009 3:03 PM
Eielson AFB., 30 miles south of fairbanks. Loved it there and would move back if I had the chance.

Cheers!!
Monday, February 09, 2009 6:26 PM
been there. i worked up in delta junction for a summer and went on base for the missle sites. not bad up there ... but winters in midland are brutal!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:05 PM
Yea Interior winters aren't all that great. Wouldn't trade it rod the world though. I remember feb 86 the low for the month was 69 below. Gotta love it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search