Everyone's thoughts on the LONE STAR BASH? - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Everyone's thoughts on the LONE STAR BASH?
Saturday, February 28, 2009 7:41 PM
Well on thursday my 2nd gear went out on my cavalier(f23 getrag)I was really looking forward to running my car down the track after I put on my new exhaust.But oh no I have no second gear.But I went to the show anyways and I ran my car without second gear.....lol.It sucked BAD.I ran a 10.6 shifting form 1st to 3rd...It was the worst.But other than that the wind was really bad.But I will quit sobbing and let everyone else tell there story.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq

Re: Everyone's thoughts on the LONE STAR BASH?
Saturday, February 28, 2009 9:29 PM
well as a centexcc member i can tell you that we appreciate all of you guys coming out, this year was a much better turn out than last year. and everyone i hope you understand that we can not control the weather witch cut the track down to the 1/8 mile but i still had a good time i hope you guys did as well. but overall i thought it was a great show great track and a great turn out i hope we can get even more to come out next year. thank you all for coming out once again hope to see you all plus more next year

Sunday, March 01, 2009 9:00 AM
actually last year was a bit bigger i think more from dfw myself included still had their j's but hey it was fun and i got to race some friends. Looking forward to next year

Sunday, March 01, 2009 10:51 AM
Yeah I had fun.Ive never seen so many cobalts in my life...lol.But yeah it was great just having everybody together in one place.

Sunday, March 01, 2009 11:15 AM
This was my 3rd bash so far and in my opinion it was the best yet. I had alot of fun and enjoyed hanging out with new people. I would like everyone for coming out (especially you centex guys). There were alot of nice cars there. Given all the variable, I believe the promoters did the best job possible. I'm already looking forward to next years bash.

My Cardomain Page
Sunday, March 01, 2009 11:56 AM
I just got pulled over and glad I have a headlight now. Thanks Ben!

Sunday, March 01, 2009 12:18 PM
Where are all the pics?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, March 01, 2009 1:06 PM
Yeah thats the best track Ive ran my car down so far.I just wish it wasnt so windy.Yeah I didnt take any pics,but im sure others have some they could share.

Sunday, March 01, 2009 4:00 PM
hey guys.thanks for comin out to the bash this year. we realy appreciate it. alot of people didnt make it this year due to their own personal reasons but i still think we had a good turn out and it was successful considering the weather and damn wind. hopefully if all went well in the tracks eyes. maybe next year they will give us a better date and have a better chance of warmer weather. sadly this year i didnt get to take any pics of anything really , after getting everybody situated and parked i had to start cleaning and in between spoke to friends i havnt seen and made new friends . but i know a few of our members and our friend and his wife took over 300 plus pics and up to 3 hrs of vid. but he has yet to upload anything. once we get those in. we will def post some up!!!

thanks again guys on behalf of centex cc

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Sunday, March 01, 2009 6:17 PM
baggedNINE7(rick) wrote:hey guys.thanks for comin out to the bash this year. we realy appreciate it. alot of people didnt make it this year due to their own personal reasons but i still think we had a good turn out and it was successful considering the weather and damn wind. hopefully if all went well in the tracks eyes. maybe next year they will give us a better date and have a better chance of warmer weather. sadly this year i didnt get to take any pics of anything really , after getting everybody situated and parked i had to start cleaning and in between spoke to friends i havnt seen and made new friends . but i know a few of our members and our friend and his wife took over 300 plus pics and up to 3 hrs of vid. but he has yet to upload anything. once we get those in. we will def post some up!!!

thanks again guys on behalf of centex cc

hey where did u go and hide out to on saturday night after the bash we had gotten 4 - 24packs and u where nowhere n site man all the sa guys wanted to have a drink with ya but ben had said somthing about you not feeling good o well maybe next year. but all n all it was a good show i have a bunch of pics and will upload them tonight.
Sunday, March 01, 2009 6:34 PM
Yeah I forgot to mention that this was my first BASH that ive attended.

Sunday, March 01, 2009 6:52 PM
john. man I felt like sh1t all day. when we came back to the hotel. I went and took a 2hr nap.woke up and went out to eat with the crew.but when we were eatin I was strtin to feel hot as hell n face was turning pale. so I went to walmart got some theraflu and went back to the hotel and crashed at 11. I wanted to drink wit yall man but damnit I felt sh1tty. it sucks cuz even tho I enjoyed the weekend.i could enjoy it 100% cuz I was sick since friday afternoon. next year for sure tho!

Sunday, March 01, 2009 7:33 PM
ah screw next year. just come over to the house some time. we can always drink here.

but ya it was really good to see everybody.

so rick what ya think of eri's Sweet_p? she did pretty good picking colors and setting up the ideas for . It's almost better then my yellow one. lol

Sunday, March 01, 2009 8:04 PM
Only almost? =D

Had a really good time out there tho. Got a 9.5 so I was happy. Wish it could have been a 1/4 tho, damn wind. =D Cant wait for pics and vids.

Sunday, March 01, 2009 8:19 PM
Yea, I missed it! I was mad all week trying to get parts in in time to get my car back together. My seats came in friday but my bodykits still needed to be finished up and my suspension parts still arent in so my cav is still sittin in the driveway.. Lookin forward to next year and some pics!!
Sunday, March 01, 2009 8:55 PM
I had a great time. Mostly did racing but had one great hell of a time. I was impressed I ran amanda's 2002 lssport with a 9.7 fully stock not even intake. Was very impressed. But who has chapped and red face lol we do. But can't wait till next bash

Sunday, March 01, 2009 9:03 PM
Yeah stephen my face is all red and it looks like im wearing lip stick cause my lips are so chaped...lol.Yeah you ran better times than most of the ss/sc cobalts out there hahahaha in a stock n/a eco.I was not impressed at all with the cobalts on the track.

Monday, March 02, 2009 12:00 AM
ya cody cuz u no i wasnt there hahaha j/p
Monday, March 02, 2009 12:24 AM
you would have tore them ss balts a new ass....lol.

Monday, March 02, 2009 6:56 AM
R3D05LsSportnowwithSCION wrote:actually last year was a bit bigger i think more from dfw myself included still had their j's but hey it was fun and i got to race some friends. Looking forward to next year

Really there seemed to be alot more people this year imo got to remember how many spect. there were as well not just the people showing

Monday, March 02, 2009 7:23 AM
I think next year we're going to try to come to Texas and make the bash. Glad everyone had a good time tho.

Monday, March 02, 2009 7:46 AM
R3D05LsSportnowwithSCION wrote:actually last year was a bit bigger i think more from dfw myself included still had their j's but hey it was fun and i got to race some friends. Looking forward to next year

All I want to know is why Eri had to do a lap dance before her car was judge. I think we should change that rule in next years bash. or maybe a different judge. lol

Monday, March 02, 2009 10:41 AM
yea i can always go to sa to drink lol. let me know when yall are havin a party or somethin. preferably when its warmer .haha. but yea it was good seeing everybody again. man to be honest i didnt get to look at eri's car. i was so damn sick and so preoccupied with theshow and cleaning my car i didnt have time to take ANY pics or even walk around to bs with everybody.. really sucks cus thats what i enjoy the most. but however i did see some pics of it and from what i saw yall did a good job on it. tell her i said she did a good job on pickin colors. the tank and rims look good. so does the paint. ill be honest and say i think the sunfire front end woulda looks better but its still nice either way.

martin i hope you can make it next year man. were gonna do things a lil different next year. nothing i can explain at the moment but its def better.

again i cant thank yall enough for coming out and taking the time to support the show. we want to keep this show going for years to come and the more support we have the more easier it will be to achieve that goal.

and justin is right...we had a really good turn out. about 150+ cars total with race ,show,and spectate. about 50 showed so thats prolly why it looked small ramon.

anywho our friend said he would process his pics he took tonight as well as some others. for now here are some that are available at the moment

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v139/Phoenix_2002/GM%20Bash%2009/

Monday, March 02, 2009 10:47 AM
Lol well now you know why it took so long to get to you plus she said next year she would bring her friends I was like ahhh sweet. Lol

Monday, March 02, 2009 11:23 AM
Here are the long awaited pictures. I give my wife the credit, because she took the vast majority of these. She could have been at home having a nice relaxing weekend, and instead, stood out in the cold windy weather to take a bunch of video and pictures and she did a great job. There were over 3k pictures to start out with, but that was just too many to work with. None of these pictures have been retouched or edited. They have simply been re sized. I trimmed down the pictures to a more manageable 1500 or so. These are all low res versions and if you need a specific one, please email or pm me the file name and I can send you either hi-res JPG or full res NEF. Keep in mind, that if you want the NEF's, they are approximately 5Mb per picture, so make sure I have a way to transfer those files to you. Also, since I don't know which car's are which people's, please identify your vehicles in the comments section for each picture.

Thanks,

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

91 Beretta GT

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search