Everyone's thoughts on the LONE STAR BASH? - Page 2 - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Everyone's thoughts on the LONE STAR BASH?
Monday, March 02, 2009 11:28 AM
This was my first one to go to a meet. And I had a blast. I drove 3 1/2 hours there and back. But it was worth it. I meet one of the guys off gmscf.com (and he was on Clubcav, and hes on here) in Tyler. And we went from there. I was in the show, i didnt get on the track tho. I haven't done anything to be worth a track run. But I did get a trophy in the show. My first one and i got a trophy, w00t!

I watched everyone on the track.. They did good, except the few that didn't shift well. And that silver Balt that didn't make it down.. i dunno what happen, it sounded like his clutch or something. =/

Monday, March 02, 2009 12:32 PM
WTF?? Why did Dustin put those big ass yellow lights on his Sunfire?

Monday, March 02, 2009 12:50 PM
Cause he is a goofy goober.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Monday, March 02, 2009 2:34 PM
Well of course he is :lol: I'm gonna call him tonight and ask him about the bash and the lights.

BTW me and Kelsey might be making a drive down there in May. Might have to get that gang together and hang out.
Monday, March 02, 2009 3:34 PM
baggedNINE7(rick) wrote:yea i can always go to sa to drink lol. let me know when yall are havin a party or somethin. preferably when its warmer .haha. but yea it was good seeing everybody again. man to be honest i didnt get to look at eri's car. i was so damn sick and so preoccupied with theshow and cleaning my car i didnt have time to take ANY pics or even walk around to bs with everybody.. really sucks cus thats what i enjoy the most. but however i did see some pics of it and from what i saw yall did a good job on it. tell her i said she did a good job on pickin colors. the tank and rims look good. so does the paint. ill be honest and say i think the sunfire front end woulda looks better but its still nice either way.

iI am still not done with it. I got an idea for the front. that was the best I could throw together in such a short time.

Monday, March 02, 2009 4:47 PM
lol on the lights oh and i beat him in the race his time was faster at a 10.4 to my 10.5 but my reaction time of .135 beat his wait till next year and i will give them cobalts a run oh yeah

Monday, March 02, 2009 5:13 PM
R3D05LsSportnowwithSCION wrote:lol on the lights oh and i beat him in the race his time was faster at a 10.4 to my 10.5 but my reaction time of .135 beat his wait till next year and i will give them cobalts a run oh yeah

Not bad for an overweight Toyota, hehehe.
Monday, March 02, 2009 5:24 PM
heres a bash vid pretty early in the morning...the cars you see are only show cars by the way..there were twice as many race and spectator cars parked back in the lot

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/ghost_l2yder/?action=view¤t=Movie2009-03-01.flv

Monday, March 02, 2009 5:28 PM
Hey I think I see a Purple Toyota in that video
Monday, March 02, 2009 5:31 PM
Man ramon I ran a 10.6 with out second gear...lol.shifting from 1st to 3rd.And my best 60 foot was a 2.124...OH YEAH.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Monday, March 02, 2009 6:53 PM
I think the best time I could get was 10.4 on my supercharged auto cavalier. I couldn't get traction for @!#$, but my top speed was 73 lol. I had a blast at the show and actually surprised I won an award, competition was tough. Everybody's cars looked great, and wished I could've met everyone. Hope to see y'all next year.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 5:41 AM
scott (section8cav) wrote:heres a bash vid pretty early in the morning...the cars you see are only show cars by the way..there were twice as many race and spectator cars parked back in the lot

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/ghost_l2yder/?action=view¤t=Movie2009-03-01.flv

hey you should do a video like the first year.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 6:40 AM
I agree w/ Ben.
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 7:14 AM
I WILL do one like the first year..but in order to do so i need MORE video...just like last year no one is sending me any vids..all i got is pics...did you guys not take any vids on the way up or at the show.?? ...

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:44 AM
Hockeyman over on Cobaltss.net made a 24 minute long video.
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:47 AM
scott (section8cav) wrote:I WILL do one like the first year..but in order to do so i need MORE video...just like last year no one is sending me any vids..all i got is pics...did you guys not take any vids on the way up or at the show.?? ...

I will get it onto a cd for you and send it to you. or are you and some of your guys coming down for the track day on the 11th. I want to see what my car can do in the 1/4 mile. I know paul was asking. if you come down We can give it to you then. it's all weather permitting but if the weather is good I will be there and so will my whole group.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 10:25 AM
Joe wrote:Here are the long awaited pictures. I give my wife the credit, because she took the vast majority of these. She could have been at home having a nice relaxing weekend, and instead, stood out in the cold windy weather to take a bunch of video and pictures and she did a great job. There were over 3k pictures to start out with, but that was just too many to work with. None of these pictures have been retouched or edited. They have simply been re sized. I trimmed down the pictures to a more manageable 1500 or so. These are all low res versions and if you need a specific one, please email or pm me the file name and I can send you either hi-res JPG or full res NEF. Keep in mind, that if you want the NEF's, they are approximately 5Mb per picture, so make sure I have a way to transfer those files to you. Also, since I don't know which car's are which people's, please identify your vehicles in the comments section for each picture.

Thanks,

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Nice pics.

Scott what did your car run?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 10:29 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:

Nice pics.

Scott what did your car run?

Thanks. Scott ran a 9.6 and a 9.5 if I am not mistaken. We didn't have much time to "play" so we only had time for two runs.

91 Beretta GT

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 11:57 AM
Oh ok, wow that looked like a 1/4 mile track from the pics..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 12:12 PM
It was, but it was too windy, so the track reduced us down to the 1/8.

91 Beretta GT

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 12:26 PM
yea ..it was planned 1/4 mile..but no one could have helped the high cross winds that came up..next year we should get a better date so this shouldnt happen again.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 12:48 PM
Summerrrrrrrr timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :p
Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:55 PM
wow, i cant wait till next year cause ill definitly be showing up!

gold 2004 sunfire

Monday, March 09, 2009 7:58 PM
Thanks to everyone from Texas and lets not forget the Oklahoma people. Despite the weather it was great. Next year i hope to have people from Dallas showing. And we will, PROMISE! anyways, a big appriciation to everyone who put this together and everyone who did their part. I took video but dont know a damn thing about computers to try and put it on so if anyone wants the tape to work with it hit me up! Thanks again and hope to see everyone around! oh yeah, looking for a Cavi to buy. Let me know 972-513-5122.
Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:06 PM
It was a blast even though my car was still at home but I got somthing in store for next year. Hey Ben if Rick comes down to drink some beers I'll be right there with him Ha. And for those that came out THANKS it means alot to the club, And we need to give Joe and Scott a big ol pat on the back it was a good show for having a short time to prepair. Thanks guys. And Darrin (BLUE DEUCE) maby nex time us old timers can get a chance to talk insted of 5 min, lets have a BEER on that Ha. And David (white cav) you and Carrol (sndsgood) need to come down and grab S1LVER, Ben, Manta and the rest of the guys get them to come down with ya I gues Jeffro can come too HA. But I think we need more from outa state to come make it BIGGGGGERRR JBO FTMFW. THANKS GUYS

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search