ecotec valve cover question - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec valve cover question
Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:50 AM
Hey guys not a big deal but very curious about this. What can cause oil to come out of the breather hose. Oil would get in the intake so I took the hose off and put a little air filter on there. But the filter is caked with oil. Is there something I need to worry about?

Thanks guys

Re: ecotec valve cover question
Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:59 AM
not to sure my self i pulled mine last sat. (ecotech) and there was oil in my air intake tube and residue around the hose (coming off the cover) as well i just took some bg throttle body cleaner cleaned out the throttle body and the intake tube going to pull it again this sat to see if theres oil in there again, but my 2200 was the same way i put a little filter on the brather when i got my aem intake and it was always covered with oil i would have to clean it like once every two weaks something i always wondered about myself??????????????? so im with you on this one steven idk eaither can anybody shed some light on this

Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:01 AM
ps sorry for the mi spelling forgot to use the spell check

Thursday, March 26, 2009 10:14 AM
that port is to relieve crank case pressure. so the reason ur seeing oil come out of it is because the case is under high pressure, it becomes an issue more if you have boost cuz you need to route it somewhere (catch can). if you're seeing a lot you could do a catch can (boost) or just route a line from that port back to the intake like GM does (if you're NA).

Thursday, March 26, 2009 12:54 PM
oh ok just always wondered. thought something may be really wrong. thanks for the info

Thursday, March 26, 2009 1:20 PM
Nope its normal. Im in the process of finding somewhere to put a catchcan now.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 4:31 PM
So you just run a hose from the valve cover to the catch can and problem solved? No more dirty intake?

FOR SALE
Thursday, March 26, 2009 11:33 PM
Hose from the valve cover to the catch can, then hose from the catch can to the intake.

Friday, March 27, 2009 3:08 PM
Ok another queston does the hose have to be hooked up to the intake. Or can I just keep the small filter on

Friday, March 27, 2009 3:38 PM
Ive heard its bad not to have any vacuum pulling out of the valve cover, but I havent seen any proof.

Friday, March 27, 2009 4:52 PM
MrR0b0t0 wrote:Ive heard its bad not to have any vacuum pulling out of the valve cover, but I havent seen any proof.

agree with mr. robotto put the hose back on that what i ended up doing with my 2200 ive also heard that it is not good to leave the filter on there not to sure why but thats all ive herd havent heard anything good from leaving a filter on it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search