back in the j-body scene - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
back in the j-body scene
Sunday, April 05, 2009 9:57 PM
yep got another one. could not pass up the deal. going to be a project car pretty much. paid $200.00 for it. could have got it for free but the wife wanted to give them $200.00 lol. no pics yet ill go get it wed.

the problems are hopefully minimum. they told me it runs but puffs out white smoke. hopefully just head gasket. car has been sitting since june 2006. not moved a inch. i opened the hood and there was a rats nest on the motor. thought no big deal, moved it and the damn rats ate threw the spark plugs wires lol,

interior is in perfect condition not even a cracked dash. so i feel it was a good get, plus its a 5 speed.

well just wanted you guys to know we have another soon to be j in the dfw.

Re: back in the j-body scene
Monday, April 06, 2009 10:18 AM
nice find steven!!! yeah sounds like a HG problem. I think white smoke is supposed to mean oil being burnt. I'd check to see if you got oil in your coolant just incase.

no more cavy...now 240 =]

I see a cool-air intake
It's got a NOS-fogger system and a T-4 turbo
I see an A.I.C. controller
It has direct port nitrous injection
Yeah, a stand-alone fuel management system
...Not a bad way to spend $10,000
Monday, April 06, 2009 11:42 AM
JoSe wrote:nice find steven!!! yeah sounds like a HG problem. I think white smoke is supposed to mean oil being burnt. I'd check to see if you got oil in your coolant just incase.

yeah most likely a head and NO WHITE smoke dose not mean burning oil BLUE smoke means your burning oil

Monday, April 06, 2009 3:29 PM
white smoke in my mind was always coolient getting into the pistons due to head gasket breaking up.

Monday, April 06, 2009 3:33 PM
Congrats! What year is it?
Monday, April 06, 2009 6:12 PM
Think its a 96 did not check vin # but manufactured 11/95
With the 2.2 ohv

Monday, April 06, 2009 9:51 PM
Mr.Cavy254 wrote:
JoSe wrote:nice find steven!!! yeah sounds like a HG problem. I think white smoke is supposed to mean oil being burnt. I'd check to see if you got oil in your coolant just incase.

yeah most likely a head and NO WHITE smoke dose not mean burning oil BLUE smoke means your burning oil

i get em confused.

I see a cool-air intake
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 7:11 AM
So you the 2200 homie? Damn that motors a dog Congrats on getting another J tho man
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 7:15 AM
well let me know if you need any parts. lol

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 7:41 AM
stephen steele wrote:white smoke in my mind was always coolient getting into the pistons due to head gasket breaking up.

yes sir you are correct and congrats on the new ride cant wait to see what you do with this one

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 2:44 PM
deftonesfan817 wrote:So you the 2200 homie? Damn that motors a dog Congrats on getting another J tho man

Thought the 2200s didnt come out til 98, well GM changed the head in 98 and made it the 2200.. Before that it was the 2.2.. Ive got a 96 with a 2.2 thats been pretty much bullet proof, Not a dog! lol I have some parts layin around, mostly interior and body parts, but if you need somethin let me know...

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 7:18 PM
Well guys ripped the motor apart and found some good stuff lol. I took lots of pics. I was a loss for words from what I seen. Lets just say I need a new motor lol. Doubt ill put in the 2.2 motor in. Maybe v6 it up ill post pics later tonight when I get home

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 8:47 PM
alright have the pics up guys. enjoy starts good and then gets scary lol.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 9:00 PM
and it only puffed white smoke?!?!?!? Damn I love my 2.2 lol....nice scoring on the walls

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 9:11 PM
^^^ yeah thats what i said. oh well still not bad for $140 dollars

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:39 PM
anybody have an engine just laying around

Thursday, April 09, 2009 4:33 AM
Sorry man, I just threw mine out about 2 months ago. I'm down for a run to pick-n-pull whenever you are. Las time I saw 2 ecos and a coulpe ld9's. Not sure on condition thogh.

My Cardomain Page
Thursday, April 09, 2009 7:05 AM
All I can say is.. 2.2s are amazing, I cant believe that motor was even running.. lol keep us posted on your new drivetrain decision.
Thursday, April 09, 2009 7:38 AM
Well my plans for the motor are several choices. If I had the chance I would slap the 3800 in but not wanting to fab that much. I believe the tranny will hook up to it. But I know for sure the 3400 will bolt right up to the tranny. Now the question is which engine will work the best other than the 2.2 ohv.

Now im highly experienced with welding and fabricating so that's not a problem. What you guys think I should do here?

Pretty much what ever I can find, that's going in. Is there even a v6 in a cavi in texas? Would like to add one if I can

Thursday, April 09, 2009 11:35 AM
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1110094307.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1076312068.html

url]http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1085204574.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1113846166.html

craigslist man, it can be your best buddy hahaha thats what i found so far

I see a cool-air intake
Thursday, April 09, 2009 12:54 PM
Check out this guys cardomain page. hes got a complete walk through swappin in a 3800... May be of some help, maybe not..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/526752

Thursday, April 09, 2009 1:25 PM
Yeah raven has a great car. I think im going to go with the 3400 sfi engine. It will make my life so much easier and the wife off my back lol. so im going to be going to some junk yards and hopefully ill find one.

So billy when you want to go to the junkyard lol

Thursday, April 09, 2009 3:17 PM
We'll talk about it tomorrow night.

My Cardomain Page
Thursday, April 09, 2009 6:34 PM
Ok

Thursday, April 09, 2009 9:52 PM
stephen steele wrote: Is there even a v6 in a cavi in texas? Would like to add one if I can

Yes there is. I already beat u to it. U r more than welcome to see my set up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search