FS: '00 Cavy w/ Gravanas, 17" rims- San Antonio - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FS: '00 Cavy w/ Gravanas, 17" rims- San Antonio
Friday, September 25, 2009 9:34 AM
After a few good years of serving me well, I've replaced my Cavalier.

101k miles, 4spd auto, sunroof, cruise control, but sadly no power windows or locks

It currently has a well-used set of Gravanas (fun on curves, not on speed bumps) and 17" rims, and I'm hoping to sell it like that, since I don't have the stock parts anymore.

Everything that I know is wrong with it:

Front tires need to be replaced
CV boots are worn
Muffler likes to wiggle around
Small chip in windshield
Car was broken into by prying the black plastic next to the window off Everything is back together except for the bezel surrounding the radio needs to be replaced. I currently have the original radio in it.
A/C blower speeds 1&2 don't work, I have the resistor needed to fix it, just haven't put it in yet (haven't needed to turn the air below "3" until recently)
Car had its moldings removed and there is an outline still on the driver's side
And the usual cracks are there in the dash next to the windshield

That's all I can think of that's wrong with it, I'm looking for $2,700, but I'm open to offers. Carfax is clean. It's originally from NC, I drove it down here in January and no problems on the 1500 mile trip.

PM if you're interested.

Re: FS: '00 Cavy w/ Gravanas, 17" rims- San Antonio
Sunday, September 27, 2009 6:05 PM
how much for the rims with trade of my ls sports??

DOPER.
Monday, September 28, 2009 6:59 AM
so what did you get? I run a gm small car club here in SA

Monday, September 28, 2009 1:25 PM
REDECO, I dont really have the tools/time to swap out rims. If you've got a jack and some stands, we can probably work something out if your tires are all in good shape. I wouldn't ask for any cash on top of that since 2 of my tires really do need to be replaced, and the center caps are starting to yellow. I'm really hoping to sell it the way it is, but if I don't get any offers on it soon, maybe this weekend we can swap out rims

I replaced the cavy with an '02.5 Protege5. I needed a bit more room, plus it has a bit more power than the cavy (and waaaaaaaaay fewer squeaks/rattles)

The only thing I'm gonna do to it anytime soon is tint. You know any good places around here? I've heard Mother's is cheap, but I really don't want to have purple bubbly tint in 6 months.

And if anyone has an extra radio bezel laying around, let me know!

Monday, September 28, 2009 1:52 PM
Purple tint is due to ammonia based cleaners that are used to clean tinted windows. Stay away from ammonia based cleaners and your tint will be fine.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:01 PM
If Ben is not willing to sell soon( like in a couple of weeks) i would love to pull the car from you. And if you trade those rims for the LS it wont break me heart. Not fond of them, lol. But yeah, interested in the Cavi.
GIL- Pres.-LSGM of DFW
OH, and hi Ben. Time for a meet bro.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:35 PM
I haven't had anyone else respond, so maybe we'll be swapping rims this weekend and you can avoid those ugly wheels

And do you have an ad on craigslist for a '04 cavy part out? The name on the ad was "Gil," I was actually thinking about calling to see about getting an intact radio bezel to replace mine.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 9:31 AM
No, no ad on craigslist bro. But let me know whats up cause im interested in it.
Thursday, October 01, 2009 10:16 AM
Sent you a pm, let me know if you want to check the car out sometime.

Saturday, October 03, 2009 9:52 AM
your location again?
Sunday, October 04, 2009 11:25 AM
I'm near the med center, just off of 10 near USAA

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 12:31 PM
why not put the cavy rims on the mazda, arent the bolt patterns the same?

Thursday, October 08, 2009 5:58 PM
i believe its just the chevy and toyota bolt patterns that are the same. I could be wrong though, not the first time.
Saturday, October 17, 2009 1:38 PM
Still for sale. I'm open to offers, and at this point I'd be very happy with $2,500.

I think the bolt pattern is actually the same between the Cavy and the Mazda, but I'd need to replace all four tires as the overall diameter is much too big for the Protege. Plus I like the stock rims on the Mazda (for now anyways).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search