dang - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dang
Monday, October 19, 2009 3:49 PM
my clutch just stopped working. pedal falls to floor no pressure whats so ever. i pulled master cylinder off and the medal are moves very freely and does not spit any fluid out at all.

then took this piece off

and to my assumtion the end off it should push out so it engauges the tranns clutch. this is the end im talking about

but it is stuck and wont budge. should it or no?

but i stuck my finger in the hole of the tranny and there is a button in there that moves.

pretty much im confused on the whole deal dont want to spend money on stuff i dont need any help with be very appreciated.

Re: dang
Monday, October 19, 2009 4:00 PM
this is the hole i was talking about on the tranny

Monday, October 19, 2009 9:14 PM
well the whole system is hydraulic. so I am almost 99% sure your problem is slave cylinder in the tranny. because the piece you should at the top plugs into the slave cylinder which is all in side the tranny. so in other words the tranny needs to come out and you need to replace your slave cylinder then bleed the clutch. I have had the same issue. the only 1% chance you have is that it is your clutch master cylinder or maybe that line just popped out of the slave cylinder.

but speaking from experience it's the slave. oh and if your gonna replace it might think about doing a clutch while you got the tranny out cause a new clutch comes with a slave cylinder.

oh by the way. I talked to gill and he should be up for buying your car by the end of this month or sooner

Monday, October 19, 2009 9:54 PM
do you have a combo clutch and slave if so how much if not where can i get one for a good deal?

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 5:43 AM
I have a buddy here that get me parts from O'Reillys so I can get it really cheap. that is just a stock one.. so you will need to get the flywheel resurfaced. but the clutch kit will come with a clutch, pressure plate, and slave cylinder. I will get you a price today. it is for that 02 ecotec.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 6:23 AM
yea is there a way to get it down here because this is a daily driver or is that out of the question and how much do you think it is to resurface the pressure plate

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 8:38 AM
the flywheel resurfaced should only cost you like 20 bucks. still waiting on a return text for that clutch kit price.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:14 PM
I paid 350 for my exedy clutch withg the slave cyclinder from clutch city online or something like that. Its a pretty grabby clutch and isn't harsh.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:28 PM
The same thing happened to me, and it ended up being a clutch fluid hose. it had rubbed through on a piece of the frame.

Good job GM. GOOD JOB.

I didnt know what it was, and it was my DD, so I bit the bullet and took it to the dealer to have them diagnose and fix, $200

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:54 PM
ya that's about what I can get it for. my guy told me 320 lifetime warranty

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:37 PM
got an oem one for 277 whole clutch kit new. good friend gabe hooked me up thanks again man

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:29 AM
Well thats good to hear.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 8:14 AM
Yeah I guess working at O'reillys does have its perks...lol But hey no prob stephen i got you

Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:24 PM
well guys fixed the car was the slave cylinder for sure. took me 4 hours on the dot to do the replacement. that stuff is a pain in the balls. now i know why they charge so much lol

Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:30 PM
stephen steele wrote:well guys fixed the car was the slave cylinder for sure. took me 4 hours on the dot to do the replacement. that stuff is a pain in the balls. now i know why they charge so much lol

well I am glad to hear it all went good.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search