LoneStarBash 2010 - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LoneStarBash 2010
Thursday, December 24, 2009 1:52 PM
OK guys, the date and location are finally available. So start asking off work now.

http://www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com/index.php

Date: Saturday , May 1st 2010

Time: 12noon-11pm

Price: $10 per person at the gate( this means everyone, driver and passenger)
$10 per tech card( this means if you wanna race it will be $10 on top of the 10 you paid to get in)
Show entry = $20 prepay / $30 march 31st - day of show
Axle insurance = $20 (delta only)

Gates will open at 12pm, at this time cars will be allowed to park and if you enter show you be put in your class.
please begin final cleaning and display set up of your car.
Judging will end at 4:30pm
5pm 1/4 mile track will open. Track will be open to race from 5 - 11pm
Please keep in mind we will be sharing the track with locals this day so be aware of spectators.

I am implementing something new this year called "axle insurance". the only thing worse than someone not coming
to this event out of fear of breaking parts is for someone to make the long trip and actually break down and have no way
home. Last year more than one person broke an axle on the track and were hard pressed to get it repaired in order to make
their long journey home. This year Centex will have on hand stock replacment axles for manual Delta body cars.
If you pay the $20 axle insurance fee upon arrival, and you break an axle at any time during the day ON the track Centex will not only give you a replacement but we will install it for you ON SITE. Thats right, no extra charge, no looking for a repair shop, no towing your car home, and best of all....not holding back when racing. only 1 stipulation to this...
we will only replace ONE axle per car, meaning; if you break an axle and we replace it and you still choose to go back out
and race only to break one again we will not replace it a second time. The insurance program is designed to provide
racers what they need to get home safely and inexpensively. Our main concern is that you come out, have fun, and make it home safe.

Racing : I will be giving out 3 awards for racing this year
GM compact fastest car
GM compact fastest N/A car
GM Full (this includes gm midsize to fullsize cars that came with v6 or v8 , boosted or NA)

*Cost to be entered in the race competition is $5, this fee will be waived if you already paid for your car to be in the show.
If you are not entered in the competition you are still able to race but will not be eligible for award. All race fees must
be paid BEFORE track opens at 5pm

Show : As mentioned before PreRegistration for show entry is $20, after march 31st show entry will be $30,
race competition fee will be included with registration at any time. In order to PreRegister for the show please
send all info to : Scott Trent
107 Orain St.
Hutto TX, 78634 check and MO accepted
For paypal payments please send to : lonestarbash@gmail.com

Dont forget to include your FULL name, what car you have, which class you would LIKE to be in, and a list of what you
are paying for. Also unlike last year i do NOT need your gate entry sent to me before hand. I only need any fees associated with the show portion. All driver,passenger,and tech card fees will need to be paid AT the track the day of show. No exceptions.

Show classes are as follows : Delta street 1st,2nd,3rd
mild 1st,2nd,3rd
wild 1st,2nd,3rd

J-body street 1st,2nd,3rd
mild 1st,2nd,3rd
wild 1st,2nd,3rd

Fiero 1st,2nd,3rd

Kappa 1st,2nd,3rd

GM compact Best of Show

GM full size

Hottest Media install

Best light install (taken place after dark)

Chicks pick award

*Classes subject to change due to number of pre-registrations

And dont forget for those traveling from afar , alot of us stay the night at a local hotel after the show so once
again there will be a host hotel this year. This is yet to be posted as i have not worked out a group deal for us yet.
More info on the hotel will be posted as things are worked out.

Re: LoneStarBash 2010
Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:43 PM
Damn.

We won't be coming back to Texas until the end of May
Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:48 PM
ill look into it, scott.

no guarantees tho...

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Thursday, December 24, 2009 3:05 PM
i was really lookin into goin this year, but thats pretty far.

i hoped it would be in the same location as last year

Thursday, December 24, 2009 11:37 PM
That is a tad bit far
Friday, December 25, 2009 8:24 AM
no further than the houston and sa crews traveled the past 3 years

Friday, December 25, 2009 11:44 AM
i dont even know were the hell thats at but we will be looking into it. If its that far though, only problem is this was the first year the Oklahoma boys came out. They will be cut out because they will drive 4 or 5 hours, but not half a day. I will work on directions though and try and get info to everyone. We are looking into shirts and stickers after the first of the year.
Friday, December 25, 2009 2:01 PM
it is 299 miles from us gill. sounds like a badass roadtrip

Friday, December 25, 2009 3:10 PM
maybe this time you guys can stay at the host hotel with the rest of us

Friday, December 25, 2009 4:14 PM
Dont think that it any closer for most of us houston memebers I think the closes person is still 45 mintues away and im exactly an hour and a half away. Htown2200 would be driving 2 hours if not more from gaveston to sealy.

In all honesty I don't think this should be centralized event I like how its been moving around(I know thats not the intent) but it gives more people who dont want to travel at least a chance to come out, just my .02.
Friday, December 25, 2009 4:52 PM
well its better than the 4 hour drive last year to ennis. im deff in!! 110%

DOPER.

Saturday, December 26, 2009 10:43 AM
Imma try to make it out but with asylum 2010 the following month in tulsa I prob won't be able to make it but imma try.
Sunday, December 27, 2009 6:26 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:no further than the houston and sa crews traveled the past 3 years

I like it. it's just a straight highway drive to and from. looks good.

Thanks scott and your crew for getting this down on paper. I know everybody has been bugging you

if you need GM's of SA to help with anything let us know.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 8:39 AM
phuck yea, finally we get it closer to SA and H-town.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 5:36 PM
just a little bit of a teaser. This is what the trophy for race class will look like.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 6:08 PM
So there's one fro each class or just for the fastest overall?
Wednesday, February 03, 2010 6:14 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:just a little bit of a teaser. This is what the trophy for race class will look like.

Sick Scott!

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 6:14 PM
maybe 4 classes since we have four pistons lol

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 7:55 PM
Quote:

Sick Scott!

thanks

and in case anyone is wondering, that IS a real GM 4 cylinder piston and rod assembly, secured to a red mohagany wood base.
when its finished it will have a gold face plate on the front side.
will be 3 of these for each race class.
fastest compact
fastest compact na
fastest full class (catch all)

im always trying to do something different, and i dont see many events go out of their way to make THIS kind of award. I like our bash to be special.
you wont be able to get a mantel trophy like this at that "other" bash

Thursday, February 04, 2010 7:26 AM
Damn shame.

I wont be down in the area until the middle of June.
Thursday, February 04, 2010 11:11 AM
scott (section8cav) wrote:
Quote:

Sick Scott!

thanks

and in case anyone is wondering, that IS a real GM 4 cylinder piston and rod assembly, secured to a red mohagany wood base.
when its finished it will have a gold face plate on the front side.
will be 3 of these for each race class.
fastest compact
fastest compact na
fastest full class (catch all)

im always trying to do something different, and i dont see many events go out of their way to make THIS kind of award. I like our bash to be special.
you wont be able to get a mantel trophy like this at that "other" bash

Scott I have an idea for the best of show trophy. my neighbor makes these texas stones and I can get it custom engraved with the gm lonestar bash 2010 on it. I think it will be really nice.

Thursday, February 04, 2010 11:56 AM
thats not a bad idea..pm me the cost

Thursday, February 04, 2010 12:31 PM
ya I will post up a pic. I think the stones ar like 60 bucks just to be made. and the engraving I can get done.

I will get a picture to show you.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 11:15 AM
an update about Jbody classes.
this year(unless at least 3 preregister) there will be no Jbody street class.
any street cars registering day or show will be put in mild. we have had less and less street cars every year. which is cool cus that means we are all constantly making our cars better
but like i said, 3 preregistrations or no street class. i hope everyone understands and thank you for support !

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 3:05 PM
come on people get your pre regs in......... i want to have the chance to show this year and my car is no where near "mild" SO COME ON PEOPLE

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search