DFWGMElite.com Christmas Party! - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DFWGMElite.com Christmas Party!
Wednesday, December 09, 2009 12:25 PM

I would love for anyone here that's interested to come and hang out with us!

Date: December 12, 2009

Time: 3pm (and yes Febo, I really mean 3pm!)

Address: 5112 Wedgewood Dr. Garland, TX 75043

Food, Good Company, and Cars!

White Elephant Gift Exchange!

The Gifts
1. Can be something around your house (that's still in good condition) that you no longer need (car parts *cough* *cough*) or can be something that you buy.
2. If you are purchasing a new gift lets keep the amount spent to no more than $20
3.The gift should be wrapped or in an envelope before arriving to the party. Gift bags are OK only if a wrapped item is inside.
4. If you are purchasing a gift card please put it in a box or gift bag so that when people choose a gift they don't choose an envelope because they know it has a gift card in it.

The Game
1. Each guest who wishes to participate must contribute a gift.
2. Numbers are put into a hat/can. Each participating guest draws a number and holds onto that slip of paper.
3. On the first turn, the guest with paper slip #1 chooses a gift, opens it, and all admire it.
4. On the second turn, the guest with paper slip #2 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's) or choosing a wrapped one. If #2 steals #1's gift, then #1 must open a wrapped gift.
5. On the third turn, the guest with paper slip #3 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's or #2's) or choosing a wrapped one.
and so on

Rules
1. If a gift is stolen from you, you can steal a gift (within limits, described below), or open a wrapped one.
2. The turn proceeds until a wrapped gift is chosen.
3. A gift cannot be immediately stolen back from the guest who just stole it.
4. The fourth "owner" of a gift gets to keep it. The gift is "dead" after it has been stolen three times.
5. "Owners" of "live" gifts must keep them visible and hold them up when requested.
6. The gift exchange ends when the last wrapped gift is opened. Usually, guests are encouraged to perpetuate the gift stealing as long as there are "live" gifts, but no one is obligated to do this.

Who will be there...
1. asherby85 - Ashley
2. blkwdoss - PD
3. kissmy05ss - Brandon
4. Jorja - Brandon's wife
5. dannysauer - Danny
6. thaz24 - David
7. David's Wife
8. Joe - PD's bro
9. tire_fryin89 - Justin
10. cobaltdude86 - Jason
11. Josey19 - Jose
12. febo1228 - Febo

Re: DFWGMElite.com Christmas Party!
Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:36 AM
aw that sounds like a lot of fun but it may be a little to much of a drive for me,

Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:27 AM
Well, I wanted to make sure that all of y'all knew that you were invited!

Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:14 PM
Hmmmm you should post this in RKC. You might have a better change for car enthusiasts.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:30 PM
Ashley C wrote:Well, I wanted to make sure that all of y'all knew that you were invited!

well thank you for the invite

Friday, December 25, 2009 2:54 AM
dammit why couldnt i have seen this earlier lol..let me know when u guys get together again!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search