Slowly putting my car together - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Slowly putting my car together
Monday, March 01, 2010 11:51 AM
i have an 05 4dr ls and i just cant seem to find anything nice i want to do or put on my car; ive been looking for front an back strut bars, a good looking body kit that actually fits my dual magnaflow exhaust, a nice hood that fit my car and will look good with the body i find or choose, and i need some help cleaning up my engine bay a little bit, oh and this is my DD so i cant do to much crazy stuff to it cuz i do drive it every day. so please feel free to express how you, your ideas or opinions cuz im open for anything.

Re: Slowly putting my car together
Monday, March 01, 2010 1:24 PM
Buy my suspension. End thread.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Monday, March 01, 2010 1:34 PM
Trey Reed wrote:i have an 05 4dr ls and i just cant seem to find anything nice i want to do or put on my car; ive been looking for front an back strut bars, a good looking body kit that actually fits my dual magnaflow exhaust, a nice hood that fit my car and will look good with the body i find or choose, and i need some help cleaning up my engine bay a little bit, oh and this is my DD so i cant do to much crazy stuff to it cuz i do drive it every day. so please feel free to express how you, your ideas or opinions cuz im open for anything.

heres a link to pictures of my car: http://s985.photobucket.com/albums/ae332/verderlet/The%20Car/
Monday, March 01, 2010 1:35 PM
how many miles do you have on it, and whats the drop on the front and rear?
Tuesday, March 02, 2010 5:20 PM
The pro kit is a 1.4 all the way around. They have around 12,000 miles on them.
$300 Brand new strut mounts also.

Tuesday, March 02, 2010 7:15 PM
no thanks man, i just got the ksport kit with the 1.8 drop in the front and 2.3 in the rear for $178. do you have anything else you are selling that will fit my car because i really need to find front and rear strut bars?
Tuesday, March 02, 2010 7:24 PM
Did you buy just springs? My setup comes with struts,springs,strut mounts. If you put lowering springs on stock struts then you will blow them and it will ride like crap afterwords.

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 11:25 AM
yeah i only bought springs.
Wednesday, March 03, 2010 12:08 PM
get ready for a rough ride

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 4:48 PM
i have aftermarket shocks though, not stock ones, their sensatrac shocks.
Wednesday, March 03, 2010 5:13 PM
Struts right we don't have shocks

Thursday, March 04, 2010 2:32 AM
They are not lowering struts though. Go take a stroll over to the suspension threads and take a look.lol

Thursday, March 04, 2010 2:43 PM
yeah i have aftermarket struts, my bad, but not lowering struts.
Thursday, March 04, 2010 5:29 PM
Your going to need lowering struts the other ones will blow out in about 6 months tops

Thursday, March 04, 2010 6:03 PM
yeah thats enough time to get some more money together and get some nice struts
Friday, March 05, 2010 10:34 AM
I have had lowering springs on my older car for 3 years and not a problem and of course its going to be bumpy thats what will happen any time you lower any car. granted if you put after market "performace" struts on the car it will cusion the ride a lil bit better but you still going to have a bouncy ride. i now have air ride on my car and its still bouncy as hell. so trey you will be fine with what set up you are getting and the setup that the guy with the blue cav is trying to get you to buy is crap it still looks stock just search the photos and media section he had pics of it posted and it didnt look much diffrent at all

Friday, March 05, 2010 11:08 AM
alright sounds good justin.
Friday, March 05, 2010 2:15 PM
Yeah just about as crapy as MR.CAVY254's pep boy wheels. But to each there own.
I'm just the type to do things right the first time and be done.

Friday, March 05, 2010 2:26 PM
^^^ hahahahah you fag is that the best you got.........

you still have that massive ecotech inside sticker on the back of your backglass? lol or better yet is your car still undrivable becasue you dont know how do drive.

but back to the topic trey do what your doing

Friday, March 05, 2010 2:37 PM
Damn calm down pep boys isn't that bad. That have some good deals.
And no I never had the ecotech inside sticker I HAD the ecotec inside sticker but its gone now.
If my car were still on the road,I would have gladly walked you.
It WILL be back on the road though so don't worry.
Snow storm+slush+bald tires = wreckage. Not a @!#$ty driver.

Friday, March 05, 2010 2:47 PM
well i am glad to here your getting it back on the road because dont get me wrong, cody is it? i acutally like your cav it has come a long way from where you started with and if you search your pervious post i have support what you have done to your car but what my firend, trey is looking for is more for looks so lowering springs on stock struts is not a bad decission...... and for the price of those springs and how good of a drop it is you just cant beat it and just fyi i didnt get my rims from pp boys ask ecoclean where there from orginally becasue hes the one im bought them from not pp boys...

Friday, March 05, 2010 2:56 PM
I'm just jerking your chain man.....lmao. There was some that looked like them awhile back at pep boys.
It kinda offended me when you said my setup is crap when I spent a mere $500 dollars on it.
Its a really good ride to tell you the truth,a way better ride than my d-specs and tenzo r's I have now.

But yeah Its cody. I went to the 08 LSB I think I saw you there. It really saddened me when I wrecked my car. It was starting to look really good. I just got the windows tinted and put my third tranny in it...lol I was REALLY hard on that car. I raced it EVERY weekend and never skipped a beat. But anyways back on topic.
Go ahead and put the springs on it won't hurt I guess. Just don't expect alot out of them as far as ride quality.

Friday, March 05, 2010 3:09 PM
well i didnt mean to offend you man but i can see your point i should of had used a better choice of words..... and i hear you on the wreck part i hate to see anybodys hard work get trashed like that..... and you dont remember when i met you at the wataburger in dallas? that was your first time meeting the texas j's also back when i had my red cav also right when stephen installed his airide, man that was a long time ago.... but good luck to you and your rebuild hope all goes well and you plan on coming out to the bash this year?

Friday, March 05, 2010 3:16 PM
I don't remember...lol
That was a LONG time ago.
I remember stephen's black cavy with bags. That thing looked tits.
Any pics of your car since you bagged it?

Friday, March 05, 2010 3:19 PM
LOL yeah it was......... and hellls yeah i loved stephens car its a shame its long gone now. and yeah i got a few ill try to post them up some time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search