new to JBody - shawnee Oklahoma - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new to JBody - shawnee Oklahoma
Monday, June 04, 2007 8:43 PM
Hi, I'm new to the region as far as j-forums go, as I'm just now getting into the scene (time and money finally meet! ). I know i missed the event back in April but I was wondering if anyone gets together around the OKC / Shawnee area? I don't know many into the mod scene, but if you need a great paint job / complete custom job I'm great friends with a guy who works for an awesome body artist. So who all in the area is out here?

Re: new to JBody - shawnee Oklahoma
Monday, June 04, 2007 8:44 PM
We could use an edit function I'm driving a 2005 sunfire, I remembered to post it up right as I hit "post"
Monday, June 04, 2007 8:50 PM
Welome to the JBO and we do have an edit function you must be premo to get it

Monday, June 04, 2007 8:57 PM
R3D05LsSport wrote:Welome to the JBO and we do have an edit function you must be premo to get it

hrm. I'll do the premo stuff later. I don't feel like finding my wallet 0.o
Monday, June 04, 2007 9:38 PM
FInally! There's only a handful of OKJs and most don't even post anymore. I'm over in Norman attending OU for the time being. We really haven't had a meet in Oklahoma, just a random get together or two.

* Student of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!

Monday, June 04, 2007 10:01 PM
Just dop me a line on here or something and I'll see what I can do about getting together. OKC would probably be the best for everyone, since you are in norman and I'm in shawnee, and probably everyone else lives in that area as well (except for tulsa people 0,o).
Monday, June 04, 2007 11:01 PM
I'm in Bethany (nw OKC area), and I posted my limit last month. haha

Monday, June 04, 2007 11:02 PM
Oh, and feel free to drop me a line as well, I've been itching to get together with other J-owners, (other than my sister, she let her car go to hell, poor Cav.).

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 10:00 PM
^^Could be worse, my sister owned 2 cavaliers before she got her Cobalt. 1st one ('96 coupe) she took a turn a bit too fast and ended up flipping it into a ditch. Her second one (2002 Sedan) she got hit crossing a highway, the other car never slowed down even though it could see her about 10 seconds before she got hit. So that one got flipped into a ditch from the hit. The amount of crap she had in her cars was rediculous and they only got cleaned out after they were wrecked (sad, ain't it?).

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 11:03 PM
Hah, my sisters car has about 75k miles (mines 102k miles), same year as mine, same trans (manual), same engine (2200). she ONLY drives it to-from work. THATS IT. 2 miles one way. Her car has not gone faster than 50 in maybe 3 or 4 YEARS. I changed her oil a few weeks ago, and her dipstick was SEIZED into the tube, I yanked it out with all my might and it finally broke free. The o'ring on it had rotted away from acids, the dipstick itself was almost completely coated in gunk. Her drainplug was tight as a lugnut, and once it DID come off, the gasket for it was gone. The oil filter was so tight and stuck to the block, that I had to shove a screwdriver through it to get enough leverage to bust it loose. She had told me that the last time her oil was changed was only 1200 or so miles ago. I asked her WHEN it was done, and she told me "Oh, two weeks before this past Thanksgiving.). Over 6 months on oil. And she wonders why her engine knocks (I'm thinking bad timing chain tensioner, but ould be a bad serpentine belt tensioner pulley too, not sure).

Needless to say, I told her she needs to let that car BREATHE once in a while. Know what she said? "I want better resale value, so I am trying to keep the miles off it.". Geez. Women. (no offense to women that TAKE CARE of their cars mind you.)

Anyhoo, anyone wants to hook up and compare notes some time, I'm game.

Thursday, June 07, 2007 5:21 AM
Welcome to , i'm up in Sapulpa area, just west Tulsa, just like James said not many of us in OK.

My 01

Monday, July 16, 2007 2:30 PM
Hey I live in Nowata, was wondering if anyone else from around this area was here. Guess now I know it's still just a hand full.

[IMG]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2638000-2638999/2638819_3.jpg[IMG]
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:06 AM
I stopped into Altus for a little bit to see my family down there while I was on Vac, but I didn't see anyone other then on friend in town with a J. You guys need to meet up more. We had so many people almost every weekend hanging out around my place up there. Take care guys/girls. BTW I know my ex is still up around there, but she doesn't drive or work on her 88 Z24 anymore.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 3:27 PM
Well, I'm out of a J now. Swapped out for a Cobalt LS a little over two weeks ago. I'm still up for meets and I still know stuff about the Js but I won't be getting another one anytime soon.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:53 PM
im in muskogee se of tulsa area most of my friend r import tuners with hondas. havent seen any j's around here.
Monday, November 29, 2010 1:34 AM
hey Kalvin I am in the pryor ok area Right now i have a 2002 Civic but i am looking to get another cavi here real soon.
Sunday, December 05, 2010 9:14 AM
hey, you guys should come down with the OK cobalts this year for lonestar bash

Thursday, December 16, 2010 12:51 PM
hey im new to this too....i made an account on here a while back but havent posted....i have a 98 cavy 2200 and live in Tulsa, OK and go to spartan....but like everyone said i dont see many j's around here
Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:48 AM
okay I finally got a j-body it is a 2003 coupe with 72k. Black exterior dark grey interior with a few interior pieces painted silver i am in the pryor ok area just east of tulsa about 30 mins or so
Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:33 PM
wow! other okc area j body ppl... i'm over here in Yukon (W OKC area), and work at Hibdons just a couple of miles up the road... need to get my cav fixed though x.x
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search