2012 Lone Star Bash !!! - Page 2 - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2012 Lone Star Bash !!!
Monday, February 13, 2012 9:33 AM
I might want to run my cavy in reverse, would that be considered RWD?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Monday, February 13, 2012 6:29 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:to what end? what cars running are rwd?

never mind I didn't see the "compact car" qoutes. lol guess just have to watch out for those ls2 solstice and skys

Monday, February 13, 2012 7:57 PM
haha right..cus theres so many of those around. we hardly see kappas at bash to begin with.

Monday, February 13, 2012 8:18 PM
Damn I'd love to be at a j meet, but I'm not moving to Temple, TX until June! Damn!!

Monday, February 13, 2012 10:19 PM
Sunfiretun3r wrote:Damn I'd love to be at a j meet, but I'm not moving to Temple, TX until June! Damn!!
why you moving down towards these parts for?

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 4:11 AM
Trey Reed wrote:
Sunfiretun3r wrote:Damn I'd love to be at a j meet, but I'm not moving to Temple, TX until June! Damn!!

My father lives down there and I want to get a bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering. So I'd be moving to go to a good school.
Plus it seems like everything car related is just better in the south.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:46 AM
Sunfiretun3r wrote:
Trey Reed wrote:

My father lives down there and I want to get a bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering. So I'd be moving to go to a good school.

yup

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:06 AM
Ecoclean wrote:
Sunfiretun3r wrote:
Trey Reed wrote:

yup

Yeah I'm kinda looking forward to being able to just go outside and work on my car whenever I want. Here in the North East, without a heated garage, or even a garage period, I have 4 months to get stuff done. BS. It's anoying and I'm tired of it.
At least down in texas, if it rains, or storms breifly like it does, I can tarp it, go inside. Come back an hour later, and keep going.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:52 AM
^ the only advantage to TX so far compared to my life in CO is the weather. You can ride a bike all year round, work on your car any day of the week any week of the year, wash your car every weekend, etc. Plus theres no salt/dirt on the roads from snow fall.
Prob more local car clubs for you to look into as well..good one here in San Antonio if you happen this way

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:53 AM
blu04DD wrote:^ the only advantage to TX so far compared to my life in CO is the weather. You can ride a bike all year round, work on your car any day of the week any week of the year, wash your car every weekend, etc. Plus theres no salt/dirt on the roads from snow fall.
Prob more local car clubs for you to look into as well..good one here in San Antonio if you happen this way
no way since he's gonna be in killen he's in my neck of the woods! so join Gmtunersoftexas.com and check us out

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:42 PM
^^ Haha will do bud.

And thats another plus side. I got my motorcycle license like 6 years ago, and never got a bike. Whats the point? I live in an apartment, no garage, in NY. I can ride it for like 4 months, then nothing.
Its too bad I won't be able to bring my quad with me though. Unless you guys know where in the hell I could ride? Haha.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:58 PM
Sunfiretun3r wrote:^^ Haha will do bud.

And thats another plus side. I got my motorcycle license like 6 years ago, and never got a bike. Whats the point? I live in an apartment, no garage, in NY. I can ride it for like 4 months, then nothing.
Its too bad I won't be able to bring my quad with me though. Unless you guys know where in the hell I could ride? Haha.
dude your moving to TEXAS, mud and trails everywhere! and you can ride that bike year round here, my neighbor has been riding almost every day besides when it storms really bad some days or it's to windy.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:44 PM
Haha I know man! Your just making me even more excited. It really is too bad I have to go in June. MY apartment lease ends May 31st here, so running that out then going!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:13 PM
take your time..it'll go faster than you think!
keep in mind that no land in TX is public land, its all private. But, there are 4x4 parks and trails you can visit and take your quad or offroad vehicles. thats another plus in CO, its all open land...if you see a field, wheel it! here, you better not get caught cause one of my friends a while back got a $750 fine for wheeling on some rocks just off the road lol

but..you will enjoy it for sure. lots of open roads for biking too..makes me miss my street bike

Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:10 PM
bash trophy for race

Saturday, February 18, 2012 10:46 PM
that would be nice to have!...though im sure there will be some fast ass cars there...even if im s/c'd by then it wont compare to some of those built cars... so who took the win last year? what kind of car, build, times, etc?

Sunday, February 19, 2012 5:28 AM
there are 3 of these trophys. only 1 is forged, it is for fastest compact.
last person to win this trophy i believe was Eri, and if im not mistaken she did it running around a 14.0

Sunday, February 19, 2012 6:45 AM
Ya i was about to say Eri has one of those already. LOL. But she will be looking to add to her collection.

Monday, February 20, 2012 2:27 AM
Sorry Ben...but if she cant beat a 14 this year..I may have to take this off her hands

Monday, February 20, 2012 5:25 AM
the guy she ran against in the final round ran lower than a 14..she still beat him.

Monday, February 20, 2012 2:05 PM
its all about the driver. and no one can argue that she was the better one that day.

Monday, February 20, 2012 4:22 PM
real difficult letting off that brake and hitting the gas in that auto ben :p

Monday, February 20, 2012 6:06 PM
auto or not, she took the win!
ill admit it will take a lot of getting used to on a stage 2 clutch with boost in a standard...i drove Austin's and his clutch took a lot of getting used to, still didnt quite get it down. each car is completely different with standards.

Monday, February 20, 2012 6:24 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:real difficult letting off that brake and hitting the gas in that auto ben :p

i think it was the tree reaction that helped.

Friday, February 24, 2012 11:53 PM
I think we should have it at Dallas raceway! They opened back up. I'm going in the morning to make some shakedown passes.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search