2012 Lone Star Bash !!! - Page 4 - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2012 Lone Star Bash !!!
Monday, April 02, 2012 12:03 PM
whats up john, so what you think man, i say we need to do it at dallas raceway again next year, and NOT durin the summer when its hot as hell, march was a good time to do it, even tho it got a little hot, it was nice and sunny, just wish there were more j's in the show i think i only counted nine or ten

Modding my j since I found the org

Monday, April 02, 2012 6:02 PM
blu04DD wrote:while it was fun, i was surprised at the low turn out. was there an expected crowd of a lot more than what was there?

i cant imagine thats all we can get from this part of texas...i mean we drove from San Antonio, and Dallas/Houston werent that far away, Austin was even closer.

Can we do a poll to find out why so many ppl didnt show? I really liked it and had fun, but Id love to have it be a much better turn out if i still have my cavy next year!
Also, maybe the location was part of the problem...the track could have used some work..but most track people volunteer so i do thank them for being there!

it not being in a major city is not the problem, we had bash at this location twice before and had a bigger turn out both times if im not mistaken. the turn out was still good, but had nothing to do with the location. This track is CENTRAL to almost every city..austin being the only one with an easy drive, but austin is central texas anyway.
alot of people that didnt show did so because they didnt like the drive....even though it wasnt really that far for anyone. Those are the people that usually beg to have it in their home city, and always show when it is. But if those people are not willing to make a small drive to support the event then i personally dont see any reason in making EVERYONE ELSE drive FURTHER simply for their comfort. It doesnt make sense and isnt reasonable for everyone else, especially those that have made the show no matter what city its in.

Monday, April 02, 2012 7:40 PM
i agree. id be willing to drive even further as long as i knew it was to support the event and there were people driving from all over. but to not show because 'its a little further' is kind of a lame excuse. i know not everyone has all kinds of money, but we're talking tuners. most cars get great gas mileage even boosted, and the cruise/drive is half the fun.

i still had fun and im hooked for next years bash if im around. btw...did i see you mention something about Teno getting a tshirt? what was that all about...were we supposed to get shirts for paying to get in?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, April 02, 2012 8:10 PM
no, i have Teno's GMTT member shirt ..but i have been unable to get it to him, i was supposed to give it to ben to take to him and i forgot. ill get it to him soon as i can.

Monday, April 02, 2012 8:23 PM
So when we gonna have the bash in san antonio

*****BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL*****
Monday, April 02, 2012 8:30 PM
Sup alex man i got mine running alot better fixed that leak

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 5:25 AM
ya know, i really would like too, and ive tried in the past. however managment really doesnt seem to interested. I mean its not impossible just a bit outta my price range, especially considering the lower turnout as of late. If the turnout is low, and no one enters show, and no one enters race, then i have no funds to work with, its that simple.

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 6:04 AM
i would race but damn im soooo sloooow, maybe after i supercharge it.
and the drive wasnt bad at all, it was actually fun, only thing i didnt like was that the track was a little sketchy but as scott said, with out more funds we cant get the nicer tracks, i say %^*^&( it get some sponsors for the bashes, like monster or some other companys that are willing to put in a little funding to have their name on the shows and have them comme and hang out at the bashes

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 3:43 PM
fact of the matter is ..there was really nothing wrong with that track. the only people complaining are the people that were racing for ET's . race for ET's at your own track on your own time. The whole point of having bash at a track is so you can RACE EACH OTHER. and at a track you can do that legally, and safely. no matter the track condition its still better than the street.
Run for a time slip on your own time...go to bash to RACE. ET's have nothing to do with winning a race...whether it be a heads up, bracket , or otherwise.
and just like you stated above, if you want a better track...fork out the cash. Cus from ive seen from the group over the past few years weve got nothing but a bunch of cheap ass' who want everything handed to them but dont wanna pay in support. This show was NOT expensive by any means. and yet still i have people complain about the price and how much money they have to spend. This is one of the main things holding this event back.

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 5:16 PM
It was cheap and i did like the pricescant beat it for wut it was all in all i had a blast

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 7:37 PM
glad you enjoyed it ! I know i had a great time! nothing like a sunny warm drama free day at the race track with friends.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 2:21 PM
well...drama free for you maybe...we had a member or two that spent the whole day dealing with it haha...

but it was a good time..just every time we went to run the guy watered the track and almost all of us were running street tires.. street tires + water = no bueno

I have DR's now and my h/e pump actually works, so I wouldnt mind attacking that track again minus the water. The trip there and back was half the fun in my eyes..its the cruise I look forward to. I didnt even see the events..like shows and what not..seemed kinda subtle and just happened before I realized it was all over. Def need more to show up this time from all over.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 10:34 AM
Im deff in for next year, cant wait to see everyone

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 6:47 PM
alejandro davila wrote:Im deff in for next year, cant wait to see everyone

not really sure whats gonna happen next year. alot of people didnt show up that easily could've..and whats worse is people saying they wont go next year. This just shows immaturity and no appreciation for the work and effort put into making this event happen. We try our best to make this event as affordable and central as possible...so if 10 to enter and 10 more to race is too much , and temple is too far to drive too.....im sorry, but theres nothing more i can do for you.
This is the exact reason other tracks dont want to deal with us, and the exact reason i wont front the money to get bigger tracks like Ennis again.
For those that came and had fun I really appreciate it, dont think you go un noticed. But i also see the other things said, just because i dont comment on them doesnt mean i dont see it...i just dont think its worth arguing with someone with a bad attitude.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 7:40 PM
That sucks man, whatever happens im in man, i would have loved to show but my beater looks like warm dodoo for now until i can afford to put some money into it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search