modification and exhuast regulations in texas - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
modification and exhuast regulations in texas
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:15 PM
just curious what they are whats allowed what s not

The one, the only, ME.

Re: modification and exhuast regulations in texas
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:55 PM
planning on moving down here????

Im not sure but i guy i know is running straight 3' pipe from the headers and hasnt gotten pulled over. All depends on the cops mood i guess
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:50 AM
Yes that is correct, Example I had only one cop give me a citation for just the "fart box" few years ago. No other cops said anything. Even when I moved to arlington they didnt say anything about it.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 6:11 AM
The cities in Texas are so diversified on there law's that I would call the city to where I'm moving to. I can tell you some of what is allowed, clear or amber bulb's(blue you can get away with but will not pass safety test.), most of all HID unit's are available, all engine mod's that are available to us in the after market. Exaust system's of all type's are allowed but certain cities have noise restrictions. Unlimited on sound system's,but the whole noise thing come's into play after 10 for the most part. Alot of people run the bottle with no problem's there. Bag's and Hydro's are allowed as well. Altho dragging on public road's is not allowed... anywho I think that should just about cover it I hope.

Later.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:43 AM
hell sounds good im just wanting to be sure ill pass any inspections and not get harrassed by the cops when i move my car isnt to loud has a cat and i plan on building the engine alot more so just making sure but it sounds like i should be alright as long as im not mashing the gas and being obnoxious with my exhaust in a residential area ill be fine cause im not a big one on looks so exterior mods arent a problem thanks much
oh and ill probably be moving to just north of beaumont if anyones curious

The one, the only, ME.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 4:05 PM
Ive prooved that you can bounce your bags in front of cops. Done it three times.
If you drag its destruction of state property or something along those lines.

THe only real restrictions i know of are the heights that your headlights and foglights are at.

There is a point that they can be to low. My foglights most likely fall into the to low category. But ive never heard of anyone getting busted for that.

The maximum height is just over 50 inches. But I dont think any of us are going to ever see that height unless we are broke down on the back of a flat bed truck. Or maybe if you do a straight axle 4x4 conversion. I would love that.

I am all that is man

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 4:29 PM
well sounds like i should be alright then when i move

The one, the only, ME.
Thursday, January 05, 2006 6:26 AM
ask bo aka rapfiend03 about running w/no header..

or was it the cat

i think it was the header

lol

Doin it Texas Style...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search