curiosity on a big domestic compact car meet? - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
curiosity on a big domestic compact car meet?
Sunday, July 30, 2006 5:16 PM
I'm curious on if anyone would wanna show from different cities to know if it would be worth my time getting this together. Now if I do I will get in touch with performance shops from all over Texas to see if they would come out and give out parts for raffles. Also depending on location I will find food vendors so that people that do show up will have something to eat. Ummm...... Lets see what else........ That will probably be the basics.

******MINOR DETAILS******

DATE: On a Saturday starting around noon and ending when ever the last car leaves.
CARS WELCOMED: All American compact car(cobalt, neon, focus, cavaliers, and any other 4 cylinder domestic). No Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, well basically anything with a V8, and of course NO imports.
FOOD AND DRINK: either food vendors, or if at a food place well thats pretty explanatory.

Also since this is a meet I and I'm sure many others would like to have again and again so please if this does happen no burn outs, wanna be drifting, and any other stupid things.

So if you are interesting and would like to come to something of this nature just say
"yeah I would like to go" "sounds good give me a date" or any other saying lol. Also if you know of any other forum that I have not put this on please put it on there and let me know. Hope to hear from yall.

Re: curiosity on a big domestic compact car meet?
Sunday, July 30, 2006 9:23 PM
in other words its like a GM small car bash but the TEXAS edition right?????

If so im there also i think SA would be a good place to have it

Monday, July 31, 2006 4:21 AM
Joseph wrote:CARS WELCOMED: All American compact car(cobalt, neon, focus, cavaliers, and any other 4 cylinder domestic). No Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, well basically anything with a V8, and of course NO imports.

no i'm pretty sure he means a Domestic Small car Bash..

Monday, July 31, 2006 10:14 AM
yeah its gonna be a big TEXAS size domestic car meet, all 4 cylinder bowties, goats, and blue ovals

Monday, July 31, 2006 2:56 PM
Well why dont we throw the idea out there to other regions around us about a gm small car meet for all cars that normally go to the gm small car bash. Have a car show some where in texas for others and this could be our 1st annual. But we have to work fast due to august being so close and school starting within the next few weeks.

Monday, July 31, 2006 8:45 PM
that sounds good I'll start looking for places cuz I'm sure they'll need to know in like two weeks notice or whatever . What do you think would be better August 12th, 19th, or 26th all on Saturdays. Also to get a better turn out lets get the SRT-4 guys to come out also. SCREW THE BLUE OVAL I put this on a couple of focus forums and they are being dicks.

Monday, July 31, 2006 8:53 PM
So it'll be a big GM Dodge small car meet. The 1st annual GM Dodge small car meet. We'll get people from New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Louisianna to come out if they are willing. So I'm gonna need peoples help in talking to performance shops about coming out and raffling off parts or car care packages. We will see whats up. Lets hope this goes good!!!

Monday, July 31, 2006 8:56 PM
sorry forgot Arkansas my apologies

Monday, July 31, 2006 10:01 PM
i will get into contacts with a few shops and individuals out this way. I also know someone with a hugh moble bbq pit that could come out and cook for us if he can. The chopped beef sandwiches are to die for. Good prices as well.

probably mid august say second week that fri-sun i mean i would be more then willing to help in getting everything set up. Also will there be a car show if so i will start talking with some people about trophys and prices so on so forth

classes could be

best sunfire
best cavy
best srt
best aveo
soltice

then we could have a wild/mild/street classes all with 1-3places. Just an idea i mean we would need to know how many so lets start putting this on all forums with neons/aveos/j's/soltice/cobalts so on so forth, and i would have assumed that from the fixed or repaired daily people. I mean like oh my gawd chevy people asking us ford people to go to a gm show like no way.LOL

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 4:16 AM
if your going to be having a meet/car show your going to meed a permit from the city if you plan on their being alot of cars which i have heard can take up to months to get to have the city review board okay its plans. Talk to one of your local car shows and see what they do. The Ricekiller.com group dodge what could have been a crappy turn out by not knowing about city permit laws.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 7:31 AM
I've already posted on some cobalt, redline, and solstice forums. A friend of mine is posting on the srt4/neon site. I'll go talk to this place where me and the SA J's hang out on Friday nights. They have a big parking lot., and its a burger place also theres a whataburger right there also. So lets see what happens

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 8:49 AM
just make sure you get the owners permission that owns the lot not just the place of business. and they told the ricekiller grop that over 50 people needs to have a city permit. i'm not sure if the same laws in addison work down their but i wouldn't be suprised. I 'm just warning y'all i personally would love to go but i have to work sunday mornings at 6am i might be ab;e to squeeze something together to get to go. but it would suck if 100+'s cars show up then the cops raid it and the one hosting the show gets threatened with a 2000 dollar ticket as well as the business that allowed them to be their. thats what happened to us.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:02 PM
um is this a go or what the time draws near and yet to hear anything?

Friday, August 04, 2006 6:10 PM
would like to go but i remember the last time i drove out there alone no one met up. had a good time with the guys(ben/neon guys) but defeated the purpose of the trip when i said id be there.

Saturday, August 05, 2006 8:03 AM
whoa whoa whoa

¿wtf is an aveo?

Doin it Texas Style...
Sunday, August 06, 2006 7:44 AM
an aveo is.... kinda like pontiacs vibe....

Sunday, August 27, 2006 9:34 PM
but smaller

cardomain.com/id/cavilac04
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search