Lone Star Bash #2 ideas - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lone Star Bash #2 ideas
Sunday, November 18, 2007 9:02 AM
Ok guys..its getting late in the year and as you guys know i wanted to have this years bash BEFORE the show season so that less people would be burnt out from the show season and we would hopefully have more entries...being early in the year everyone should be restless from the winter months and anxious to get out to the show , also this would help keep the weather cool..so i was hoping for some time in april this year..how does that sound to everyone??
Next, i need input on this because LOCATION is the biggest part of the show, i know alot of guys said they would like to have it at a nicer track in a closer city...heres my thoughts...
1st - there is never going to be a track that is close to EVERYONE so when thinking of a location plz think of somewhere that would help those driving HOURS to get there.
2nd- i know the temple track we had it at last time wasnt the greatest..BUT you cant complain that we were allowed to bring our own coolers,bbq and beer to the track, i dont think anyone else would have let us do that
3rd- $$$$$$$ - temple was nice enough to actually give us the track pretty much to ourselves on a day they were suppose to be closed without any extra charge...if we want to rent out another track plan on dishing out thousands to reserve it...or we could go on a testNtune day but then you have to worry about space and OTHER people..and if i have to pay for the track then that means the entry fee goes UP. unless you can find someone to sponser THAT much for the track. remember..a show doesnt have to be the best place to get your lowest 1/4 times..but it can be a good place for grudge matches..its a level playing field and a you can legally race ANYONE there you want...winning is winning no matter what the trap speed is.
4th- i had also considered simply hosting a show at a completly differnt location that a track...perhaps somewhere with alittle more public viewability ..a large parking lot that perhaps a buissness would let us use?? ..that is open for discussion if you think that is a good idea..

i have a few months to work out the details of this but i would like your input on whether or not you think last years bash was the best it could have been or not...plz keep in mind $$, location for other clubs, and dont forget that i will be inviting several other types of GM vehicles this year, including cobalt,g5,solstice,sky,hhr,ion and more ...well let me know your thoughts and ideas as everything will be considered ..thanks guys!

Re: Lone Star Bash #2 ideas
Sunday, November 18, 2007 4:11 PM
sounds good I will start talking to my guys to see if they have any ideas. And I will also talk to the track near my house just to get a number on what it would be to host it there.

Saturday, November 24, 2007 1:39 PM
sounds good i should make it

Saturday, November 24, 2007 5:58 PM
thats what you say now paul

Saturday, November 24, 2007 6:19 PM
I read this proposal...and I think to myself....wow, this guy knows EXACTLY what I go through

I may be able to attend....Dallas is going to be a 10 hour drive for me. I have family in austin too. Where was the event held last year?

Our track last year was 1700...so that'll give you an idea what tracks cost.

Saturday, November 24, 2007 9:28 PM
^ im actually hoping to make it to one in ohio some year as well as the one in florida

Saturday, November 24, 2007 9:33 PM
cool deal...im in nebraska now...so the texas drive is now within a single day's drive lol

Sunday, November 25, 2007 6:15 AM
yea the track at my house is going to be a 1000 down to get it for a day then they get 10 on every entry. show or spectator. so we would make our profits off wht every we charged on top of that.

Sunday, November 25, 2007 4:59 PM
haha @!#$ that....you can do better

Sunday, November 25, 2007 5:26 PM
i say we just keep it at temple.
Sunday, November 25, 2007 5:32 PM
^ i agree keep it at temple i mean we can charge more to get more trophies and chit

Sunday, November 25, 2007 8:10 PM
I like temple, especially since it is like a 30 min drive for me

if you can get a date out soon I could tell you if I can come or not. I move to MD in march.

if a date comes out and I can accomidate, some people with longer drives can crash at my place if we do temple.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Those so naive, so hard headed, so narcissistic, that think that buy their own efforts can single handedly change the world, are always the ones that do.
Sunday, November 25, 2007 8:14 PM
i think were shooting for some time in april. if that helps

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Sunday, November 25, 2007 8:29 PM
damit

I MIGHT still be around

Those so naive, so hard headed, so narcissistic, that think that buy their own efforts can single handedly change the world, are always the ones that do.
Sunday, November 25, 2007 8:33 PM
yea..shooting for april for good weather conditions...ill have a date set by mid december when the track schedule is finished..it MIGHT be in march but thats a big maybe..well find out after the faceoff show in SA

Monday, November 26, 2007 7:30 AM
yea there should be a lot of us at the faceoff show in SA so we could talk more then.

Monday, November 26, 2007 2:15 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:cool deal...im in nebraska now...so the texas drive is now within a single day's drive lol
now you can get your skinny @$$ down here. HAHA hopefuly I can get Chris and Jason to ( s1lver , Sndsgood ) to come down or any of the Indy guys to and hopefully next year ill hit the ohio bash we will see. & Scott I will talk more with ya lata.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Monday, November 26, 2007 6:20 PM
spyderJ wrote:
DroptopPaul wrote:cool deal...im in nebraska now...so the texas drive is now within a single day's drive lol
now you can get your skinny @$$ down here. HAHA hopefuly I can get Chris and Jason to ( s1lver , Sndsgood ) to come down or any of the Indy guys to and hopefully next year ill hit the ohio bash we will see. & Scott I will talk more with ya lata.

NOW that would be friggen sweet

specially Sndsgood DAMN

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:59 AM
yea sweet but highly unlikley

Sunday, December 02, 2007 9:37 PM
I don't forsee jason making that haul. Think your odds are better off coming to ohio

Monday, December 03, 2007 8:02 AM
DIDO

Monday, December 03, 2007 1:55 PM
I'm ready for it hopefully I'll have one of my forced induction projects on the cav by then.
Monday, December 03, 2007 2:28 PM
DON'T BE COUNTING ON GREAT TRACK TIMES LOL

Monday, December 03, 2007 2:48 PM
No, but you will still have a great time at the track.

^ ^ ^ I see what I did there.

HTOWN2200 - GMOFHOUSTON.COM - FACEBOOK - CARDOMAIN
Monday, December 03, 2007 3:06 PM
yeah the 4 door family sedan was beating a few cars there!!!! yaaay for the 4 door family sedan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search