Galveston Cruise - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Galveston Cruise
Wednesday, March 03, 2010 7:36 PM
Quote:

Whether you own a GM compact or not, GM of Houston cordially invites you to our semi-annual Galveston Cruise! Once held annually (typically in the fall) we have decided in recent years to hold it twice a year due to popular demand! With the beginning of a new decade, we thought we'd make a few changes to our cruise! This year's participants can expect to see a change in the route and a slight tweak to the events during the cruise. Instead of our usual route from Nasa Rd. 1 down I-45 South, we will start our cruise at the Bass Pro Sporting Goods Shop located off of HWY 288 and Sam Houston Tollway South--here is a map for specific directions:

http://content.bassp....cfm?storeID=50

Our cruise will then follow HWY 288 and through HWY 332, and make a pit stop at BUC-EE's off of HWY 332. Again, here's a map noting the pit stop:

http://maps.google.c...=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Following the brief pit-stop, we will cruise from Freeport all along the coast and arrive at our usual final destination, Salsa's Mexican Restaurant, for some good food and great company! From there, we will have a photo-opportunity at Cherry Hill, only five minutes northeast of Salsa's, along the seawall. As oppose to ending our cruise at this moment, we thought it would be more appropriate to end our Galveston cruise with, what else, a relaxing day at the beach! So plan out a whole day to spend time we our humble team and get to know some other great teams from the Houston area!

For those of you who have never attended a GM of Houston G-town cruise, here are some links to some pics of past cruises:

http://www.gmofhoust..._album&album=27

http://www.gmofhoust..._album&album=40

Here is a breakdown of our schedule of events:

* Northside Pre-meet 10:30 (Rollout at 11:15am to the Bass Pro location)
Hooters of Spring
120 FM 1960 West (just off of I-45 North)
Houston, TX 77090

* Bass Pro Shop Pre-meet -- 11:30am (Rollout at 12:30pm)
1000 Basspro Drive
Pearland, TX 77047

* Pitstop at BUC-EE's in Freeport
4231 E. Hwy 332
Freeport, TX 77541

* Lunch at Salsas in Galveston (around 3pm)

* Photoshoot at Cherry Hill in Galveston

* End the day at the beach

Other Important Information:

Money:

Bring Lunch Money and $2 for tollway fee in Freeport. Please fill your gas tanks before you arrive at the Bass Proshop pre-meet so we do not have to sidetrack the cruise so you can get gas.

Rules and Formalities:

-ABSOLUTELY NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL OF ANY KIND!!

-No littering

-No revving your engine

-Observe all traffic laws when entering and exiting the parking lot (this means no test runs or racing of any kind. You will be asked to leave)

-Respect each other and vehicles

Our Galveston Cruise is the main way we interact with different teams and car clubs in the Houston area, and therefore expect to see vehicles that are non-GM at our event. It is because of this that we will strictly enforce the rule about RESPECT for other people's vehicle choice. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the loss of your forum privileges (or you will be banned altogether) and you will no longer be invited to a GM of Houston meet. Like I said, we've never had to enforce these rules because we have an awesome group of people here who have an outstanding level of courteousness and etiquette. Bottom line, LET'S ALL HAVE FUN!!!

*Because we will be making reservations with Salsa's for this event, we ask that if you are planning on attending the cruise, please R.S.V.P by adding your name to the list of attendees, along with how many guests you plan on bringing. This thread will be posted on multiple forums, so it is important for us to have an exact count before we make our reservations.

www.gmofhouston.com

Re: Galveston Cruise
Monday, March 08, 2010 6:16 PM
When is it as i may attend
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 5:51 AM
You mean where in Galveston? We are going to end up on Cherry Hill that's on the Seawall. We are going to take pictures there. We are going as a group there so we won't get lost lol

www.gmofhouston.com
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 6:23 AM
you do not have a date listed or we just cant find it lol

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 11:39 AM
Sooo......when is it??
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 2:49 PM
Id like to go, depends on when it is tho.
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 6:30 PM
Sorry that is kinda important lol It's going to be on Saturday March 27th. It would be nice to have some jbodys coming.

www.gmofhouston.com
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:00 PM
Here's the link http://www.gmofhouston.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1128 Anyone going?

www.gmofhouston.com
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:30 PM
When I cant come. mine is down. I may just torment ya'll on the bike...hehe.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 4:29 PM
Bikes are fine. There are going to be some imports there also as well.

www.gmofhouston.com
Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:20 PM
i might be there of course. if im not working

DOPER.

Monday, March 29, 2010 11:58 AM
Sorry I couldnt make it. Crazy weekend.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search