Engine Swap - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Engine Swap
Monday, August 16, 2010 11:01 AM
Anyone in the southwest region that knows how to do an engine swap on 3rd gen. Im trying to find someone in the area who has experience and could possibly do one. Im in the El Paso, Tx area but wont mind driving if its nothing crazy far. Just trying to get some info I was gonna pit it on regional forums but i figured this is open to all states in the area. Thanks.

Re: Engine Swap
Monday, August 16, 2010 12:20 PM
swap from what TO what?

Monday, August 16, 2010 12:51 PM
ODIFICATIONS

Engine:
Headers
air intake
GM Supercharger application
dual exhaust with high flow cat. Light weight pulley not installed.
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:
Easy street digital air bag kit
18" black wheels.
Interior:
Racing seats
Carbon fiber
Exterior:
Fully body kit
spoiler
lambo doors. carbon fiber door pillars not installed yet.
Audio:
N/A Yet
Future:
wanted to do a engine swap but who knows maybe later. for sure performance engine rebuild. pistons
valves
etc. and ofcoarse HPT tuning. And a Paint Job..

so do you have the supercharger installed? are you looking to change? these are basics you need before you ask for help

Monday, August 16, 2010 1:38 PM
ok sorry my bad guys should have been more specific. I have a 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.4l 5spd w/ gm supercharger kit. basic bolt on mods. air intake. headers. dual exhaust. The car did not begin its life as a 2.4l it was swapped in by its previous owner. I've read about the 3.4l and 3.8l engine swap and dang I'm just tempted on trying it. I had forgotten about the idea when i installed the supercharger but the little bug still there just eating away at an opportunity at this. So Im getting info see if anybody in the area of West Texas and the surrounding areas has and can do a swap. i know the 3.4l would be the easier swap. 3.8l ofcoarse needs more fabrication, but id like to get feedback on both. pricing for a job like this or recommendations? So anyone in the area???
Monday, August 16, 2010 6:35 PM
might want to try your regional forum

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, August 16, 2010 8:09 PM
why switch to a v6? you've apparently already got "header's" on your ld9, and dual exhaust. what's the point in a swap?

Monday, August 16, 2010 10:24 PM
blucavvy wrote:why switch to a v6? you've apparently already got "header's" on your ld9, and dual exhaust. what's the point in a swap?

I dunno i guess im under estimated my 4 banger... but the v6 would be sweet. I bet a turboed one would have some balls.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:12 AM
count me out

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:47 AM
lolz

Monday, August 23, 2010 10:17 AM
do your headers work good? big difference in two eh? wish i could get me some headers.... damn

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:38 PM
There was a guy that put a 3.4 in a 2nd gen and added a remote mount turbo and it was hitting 328 hp at the wheels. Look up RMT Z24 on google, should be able to find it there.

Holy Burnt pistons Batman...we used too much NOS!

Sunday, November 21, 2010 11:44 AM
Is there any place that sell a motor mounts to do a 3.4 or 3.8 swap
Monday, November 22, 2010 1:44 AM
blucavvy wrote:why switch to a v6? you've apparently already got "header's" on your ld9, and dual exhaust. what's the point in a swap?

Kyle Phillips wrote:do your headers work good? big difference in two eh? wish i could get me some headers.... damn

Instead of being total douche bags why not try and help the guy with his question....wow ignorant @!#$ always around...
Monday, November 22, 2010 5:27 PM
probably because very few people in this area know anything about engine swaps..not to mention v6 swaps...but thats just how i see it

Monday, November 22, 2010 6:40 PM
I would ask scott in austin to do it. he is really good. lol

scott-this one is yours buddy

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:23 PM
bahaha thanks
at least i got a good quote out of it haha

Thursday, November 25, 2010 6:06 AM
well out of every body in texas. I know I have done 3 or 4 engine swaps in jbodies and I am sure you have too. so I figrued our names would get thrown out there so I was just throwing yours in the mix first. lol

Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:04 AM
havnt seen him post in a while, he still interested in doing this??

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search