LD9 - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LD9
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:00 PM
Ok Ive looked and lookeed maybe I am just not looking in the right places..?? But Iam bout to acquire a 00 z24 and has a bad knock sounds like a bent valve or something. SO...I was just thinking of rebuidling it. Meaning I wanted to find a performance head you know all the bells and whistles. My ecotec is easy to find all that but this motor Iam not really finding anything on any info will be greatly appreciated

Re: LD9
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:43 PM
a performance head?? you have two options...get the stock one port n polished or convert to a quad4 head

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:18 PM
Lol yeah Scott iam not to familiar with the z24 motor so that's why I was asking I know my ecotec I can do many options but this one I am not to sure. Where could iget the head ported and polished at???

Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:38 AM
i do PnP work...or any local performance shop should be able to give you a quote. if you search port n polish on here youll find several companies that you could send it off to. theres really alot more out there than i think your aware of.

Sunday, February 20, 2011 9:43 PM
Hey scott how much would it run to port and polish an ecotec head for me ??

Monday, February 21, 2011 4:48 PM
just pnp? ....no disassembly or reassembly?

Monday, February 21, 2011 8:41 PM
Yes sir just pnp....we are going to replace with patriot performance internals so yeah if I get it done I would just send you the bare head.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:03 AM

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:15 AM
ok kool

Saturday, February 26, 2011 7:36 AM
that 'knock' is more than likely a spun rod bearing, not a valve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, February 26, 2011 7:36 AM

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search