questions about the tps tec - Performance Forum

Forum Archive
This thread has been archived. Posts that have been archived can not be replied to.
questions about the tps tec
Thursday, April 22, 2004 7:46 AM
i bought my '02 sunfire like 2 weeks ago, and the car was used it had 16,500miles on it and it is in prisitine condition. it has the rksport ram air hood, and magnaflow dual exhaust. but little by little i am finding out that the person who owned this before me has done some simple bolt on performance stuff. i didn't notice anything when we popped the hood to buy it, but i was changing my oil and i noticed that the connector that plugs into the tranny had 2 wires kinda wrapped in electrical tape, and then later i'm browsing through the forum and see that those are the two wires you piggy back into for the b&m shiftplus. but sadly i don't have the shift plus. i put a cold air intake on it, b/c he just had the regular box off of the TB with a cone filter on it. but i was showin the cold air intake to one of my friends the other night and we noticed a red light coming from around the TB. i couldn't find it there b/c it was too dark, just enough to see the cold air intake... but today i'm reading forward motions webpage and i see the TPS TEC, so i go out to my car, pop the hood and there it is. the red light comes on, but even if i apply some throttle to it, the light never turns green. what exactly is the TPS TEC? i tried searching on here for info( i searched for 'tps tec') and didn't find anything. so if anyone has some info as to what it is/does... and how to make it work.... i'd be glad if someone would tell me. thanks!
-andy
(sorry the post is so long)

Re: questions about the tps tec
Thursday, April 22, 2004 7:51 AM
Advertisement: "The TPS-TEC INCREASES HORSEPOWER, REDUCES DETONATION AND MAXIMIZES PERFORMANCE! The TPS-Throttle Enhancer and Calibrator increases horsepower by optimizing the throttle signal sent to the computer (ECM) of your fuel injected engine. Once installed, the unit interprets the throttle signal going into the computer and enhances the signal at a precise point within the engine's throttle range. The electronic circuitry then signals the engine to deliver optimum fuel delivery and ignition timing, assuring maximum horsepower! The TPS-TEC simply plugs into existing wiring on the engine and operates automatically."

Basically what this says is at 3/4 throttle it tells the computer you are at full throttle where at that point the computer increases fuel and timing. I ordered one from Jay's GN Parts part# B38T 102013
Thursday, April 22, 2004 7:55 AM
btw, I didn't order one, I just found a good defn and didn't delete that part of it.
Thursday, April 22, 2004 8:07 AM
thanks alot for the info!
Thursday, April 22, 2004 8:52 AM
its garbage anyways. I would take it off. Its just going to waste fuel when you really dont want to floor it yet, but it dumps full throttle fuel in. Just another gimmick man. And the seller probly did have the B&M on there, just removed and sold it probly before selling the car.
Friday, April 23, 2004 9:23 AM
if it's just a gimmick.. i'll ditch it then, the car's quick enough for now, and i did unplug it yesterday and run around for awhile... didn't really notice a difference. but thanks for the info and opinions on it.
-andy
Forum Archive
This thread has been archived. Posts that have been archived can not be replied to.

Start New Topic Advanced Search