How to Install RKSport Upper Engine Mount - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Archive
This thread has been archived. Posts that have been archived can not be replied to.
Re: How to Install RKSport Upper Engine Mount
Tuesday, August 31, 2004 7:17 PM
maybe next time i do this i will video record it, cause alot of people seem to be making this harder than it really is... <br>

Tuesday, August 31, 2004 8:10 PM
no jack needed...... slip the old one and the new one in. It's a piecec of cake really!!!!

mmmm..... cake....... <br>

Cardomain|Myspace

Tuesday, August 31, 2004 10:47 PM
The lower mount is more of a torque strut mount. where it doesn't fully support the weight of the engine. It holds the engine in place and has play in the soft OE rubber to reduce vibs.
<br>

http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Wednesday, September 01, 2004 10:45 AM
Hey Art,
I have both mounts,
Lower one is on ebay (Prothane black bushing), but I can take it off if needed.

But if you have a camera and web hosting privledges, then maybe we shoudl record the installation or somthing.

-M <br>

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Wednesday, September 01, 2004 11:26 AM
damn, for a second i was like, "we already installed mounts on your car"...

but the car got totalled...

thats cool, whenever you have some spare time, just let me know. <br>

Wednesday, September 01, 2004 1:00 PM
Use lots of dish soap.....do not fear the lube!!...it's got to be as slippery as a witches tit!!
and you don't have to take out the lower mount!! <br>

Wednesday, September 01, 2004 6:17 PM
Quote:

The lower mount is more of a torque strut mount. where it doesn't fully support the weight of the engine. It holds the engine in place and has play in the soft OE rubber to reduce vibs.

it actually does support the engine. the upper mount and lower mount both share the weight of the engine.
Wednesday, September 01, 2004 6:55 PM
jmoneyld9 wrote:
Quote:

it actually does support the engine. the upper mount and lower mount both share the weight of the engine.

not on a 2.4 or 2.2 ohv or ecotec...

it keeps the bottom half of the engine from rocking front to back.....

the upper mount and transmission mounts share the weight of holding the engine up from gravity....

the lower mount keeps from rocking front to back... it holds no weight, besides inertia from accelleration and deceleration....

meaning you can go outside right now and remove the lower mount and the engine will stay in place.... you can push it to rock it... but thats all the lower mount does... <br>

Wednesday, September 01, 2004 8:19 PM
well i installed my upper mount today took about 15 mins to do, except the clip for the coolant tank got kinda messed up now, so the bottle has a little play in it now. Not much, its held in place but i can wiggle it slightly with my hand. heres what i noticed from it.

A very slight vibration, usually only noticeable when stoped on an incline. The shifts arent as hard anymore, the car used to chrip 2nd and full throttle but now its alot smoother. Im not sure if its cause it was a little warm today, but the tires didnt squeal as much as before. Excelleration is much smoother now, not as jerky as before, and top end seems to feel just slightly better. <br>

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Forum Archive
This thread has been archived. Posts that have been archived can not be replied to.

Start New Topic Advanced Search