Headers ,, ummmm. ???? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Headers ,, ummmm. ????
Saturday, February 12, 2005 9:02 PM
well i am usually in the exterior and photos forums but i need to know something.
What is the best header around for a 1997 2.4 cavalier.
  1. OBX
  2. Pacesetter ( which one )
  3. Rk Sports
  4. Weapon R
  5. Or the New::::::: DC SPORTS

I want a good clean sound and good performance for my buck.
any ideas ?

Re: Headers ,, ummmm. ????
Sunday, February 13, 2005 9:14 AM
Its HEADER not HEADERS! ( I always get flamed for that.) Try to look on their websites for a dyno sheet or claim or somthing.

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Sunday, February 13, 2005 9:26 AM
I'm going to buy some next week and i'm going to be getting the Pacesetter 4-2-1, thats for more of an hp gain and the 4-1 are for tq. I dont think the dc sport ones are out but they have to cost alot. I've seen very good gains on the Pacesetter header's. And they cost about 160 with shipping from summitracing.com or spiderautomotive.com or something like that, just run a search and you'll find past post of other owners.
Sunday, February 13, 2005 10:18 AM
Gaylord @!#$er wrote:I'm going to buy some next week and i'm going to be getting the Pacesetter 4-2-1, thats for more of an hp gain and the 4-1 are for tq.

Do you enjoy talking out of your ass?

A 4-2-1 will improve your low to mid end torque AND hp, not just one and not the other.
The 4-1 does your high end powerband, torque along with hp.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Sunday, February 13, 2005 10:30 AM
Yes......yes i do i was just answering to the best of my knowledge but takes for informing me...........which ones would you say is better for the track
Sunday, February 13, 2005 10:43 AM
Quote:

SplitCreations wrote:What is the best header around

Get rid of THAT ^ word. There is no 'Best', as 'best' is a qualitative descriptor - meaning that there is no set way to measure what is best.

You will find people who are very happy with pretty much all of those. A lot people will say Pacesetter, as most are simply variations of the original design which was done by pacesetter. Some will RKsport because most are happy with their products although they come at a high price. Personally I have the OBX 4-1 Stainless, and I am very happy with it. I have been told that it is the old pacesetter design, but I got an awesome price and am VERY pleased with it's sound and performance.

Basically it comes down to you, what you are looking for, (stainless, ceramic coated, 4-1, 4-2-1, etc) and how much you have to spend (RK is more expensive than OBX and some others) IT's up to you...hope that helps.

Sunday, February 13, 2005 11:03 AM
get ceramic coated. that helps keep the heat inside the header, and also helps speed up the exhaust gases

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:15 PM
Gaylord @!#$er wrote:Yes......yes i do i was just answering to the best of my knowledge but takes for informing me...........which ones would you say is better for the track

Well, use some common sense. At the track, are you going to be in your low to mid end power band, or your high end?

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:43 PM
"freinds dont let freinds drive stock"

anything is better than stock i have the rk sport headers, lol j/k, header and i love it i makes a real nice low rumble when mated with 2.5 in piping to the rear as for performance i still dynoed at 90 hp so i really hope it didnt ad 10hp to the car cause that would be really $hitty

"dude, thats a girls car"
Sunday, February 13, 2005 11:11 PM
Everybody will say one is better then the other or that a certin brand for some reason is no good. Like stated above all are good. Me, I have the pacesetter and am more then happy with it. If Im wrong, Pacesetter's coated header is cheaper then the other brands. Your car is already good low end wise. So in my opinion, go with the 4-1. Besides, at the track you'll always be in the upper rpm's.

Sunday, February 13, 2005 11:18 PM
Pacesetter makes 4-2-1 headers for 2.4L Jbodys??????since when?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search