CAI - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CAI
Sunday, February 13, 2005 3:24 PM
Where can you buy a cold air intake system for 1996 chevy cavalier 2.2. I do not want a short ram and i already have the extension from rksport. I want a complete matching unit. I saw one somewhere but i don't remember and also aem was suppose to come out with one but everywhere i go to its for 1998 and up 2.2 or says coming soon for 1996. But i did find 1 place that said they had it but is that true. I have ordered stuff like this before from companies that say they have it ( "new product that is released or hard to find") and then when i get it its not even close or made for another year. Don't want to go through that hassle again. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: CAI
Sunday, February 13, 2005 3:36 PM
Make one.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, February 13, 2005 3:51 PM
Thought about that but i don't really have the time to do it right now, i don't care if it takes just 1 hour, i don't have that 1 hour i am graduating college this May and i have alot of school work and preperation for graduation.
Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:18 PM
I'll save you the time... it's not worth it. I believe AEM themselves dynoed CAI vs WAI and there was little to no difference in power.

Personally, I live in a hot climate, but my WAI is very cool to the touch at all times. So I believe it.

---

Sunday, February 13, 2005 11:49 PM
honestly, i'd stick with a short ram, there is a hole behind the battery that does get fresh air into the engine bay. having your filter 6" away from the pavement will do two definate things; absorb heat from the hot, tar melting pavement; and get hit with rocks, dust and debris.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search